What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

Votes: 17 18.3%

Votes: 16 17.2%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Season

Votes: 38 40.9%

• Total voters

Fire

First Grade
Wow Canard you've really taken up the cause.

You should dedicate the next 15 years of your life to becoming a QC.

Then you could be legal counsel for Melbourne and get free dick snot off Bellamy and Slater.

Hey now, unfathomable explanations are your job, it's not entertaining otherwise. Explain the eyes, how were the eyes important?
Because stupid kartns like you are suggesting he kicked him. So explain how he did this while not looking, not bending his knee in a kicking motion and while apparently moving laterally through the air like something out of the matrix. I assume you can't.

Shorty

Staff member
How could "protecting myself" be considered foul play in anyones book?
That position would actually hinder more than help, he'd be much safer with his knees to his chest (which is the way most fullbacks catch, as far as I have observed).

chrisD

Coach
Because stupid kartns like you are suggesting he kicked him. So explain how he did this while not looking, not bending his knee in a kicking motion and while apparently moving laterally through the air like something out of the matrix. I assume you can't.

So you've got to be looking at something to have kicked it? That's what you are saying yeah?

dogslife

Coach
How could "protecting myself" be considered foul play in anyones book?
If Klemmer tackles him mid air it's a penalty. If Klemmer tackles him when he lands it's fair play. You can't kick a bloke mid air for the same reason you can't run the ball up with your elbow cocked to protect yourself from a possible high tackle

firechild

First Grade

So according to you this is not a kick?

mike-sullenger-fly-kick.jpg

Canard

Immortal
You complain about an ad hominem argument and then throw out a red herring. What does his ability have to do with him making dangerous plays? Fact is what he did was both unnecessary and dangerous.

But thats the same argument you made? I was demonstrating how silly a reason it was to say he shouldn't do it.

Wow Canard you've really taken up the cause.

You should dedicate the next 15 years of your life to becoming a QC.

Then you could be legal counsel for Melbourne and get free dick snot off Bellamy and Slater.

Another Ad Homenim attack.

Im no Storm fan, as I stated previously they have gotten away with slowing down the ruck in the first 2 rounds because teams were dopey enough to believe Daniel Anderson in the off season.

But I call it as I see it, if a player trying to catch a bomb in mid air is required to ensure the safety of those trying to tackle him, then its f**king absurd.

At least 15 other fullbacks in the NRL do it without throwing their boots out at defenders. Why does Slater need to?

It is harder to catch the ball in a horizontal position than having a raised knee like most players do. Its his way of catching the ball, everyone is aware of it.

So you've got to be looking at something to have kicked it? That's what you are saying yeah?
It shows there was no intention, which is what you bias dogs twats are suggesting. He also needs to, you know, actually kick him. Contact between a boot and something is not a kick. My boot is on contact with the floor but I'm not kicking it. It is also impossible to make contact unless Klemmer is running at him. So explain how under the rules of the game that say a defender CANNOT make contact with a player in the air that Klemmer did not do this. If he made contact, he is in the wrong. That's all there is to it.

firechild

First Grade
But thats the same argument you made? I was demonstrating how silly a reason it was to say he shouldn't do it.

No, I was responding to the statement that he needed to do it to protect himself from the 100kg person that was running at him. Clearly if no other fullback does it yet manages to take high catches every week (except Moltzen) then it is unnecessary.

dogslife

Coach
I'm gonna kick the next bloke I see in the head. He might be thinking of attacking me, he might not. I've gotta protect myself

afinalsin666

First Grade
So jumping with a leg extended isn't against the rules? Should have known, Melbourne don't break rules, they bend them. Or invent something that isn't regulated at all.

chrisD

Coach
It shows there was no intention, which is what you bias dogs twats are suggesting. He also needs to, you know, actually kick him. Contact between a boot and something is not a kick. My boot is on contact with the floor but I'm not kicking it. It is also impossible to make contact unless Klemmer is running at him. So explain how under the rules of the game that say a defender CANNOT make contact with a player in the air that Klemmer did not do this. If he made contact, he is in the wrong. That's all there is to it.

Yes, we got your point all ready, that Klemmer initiated contact to Slater's extended head height boot with his throat and jaw, that Slater is not bound by any logic to safe actions whilst he is in the air. You've made that crystal clear. The question was, which was based on what you posted, is it your position that one can not kick something they are not looking at?