What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how many weeks for Kony

JJ

Immortal
Taken the early plea, misses 3 weeks, back round 14.

And when he's back in first grade almost certainly goes into contact in exactly the same way, the tackler falls off unhurt, and we all watch to see whether he's cited

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hurrell is a grub, at least he has time to make a few more Wendy's ads now

A grub? Not at all, just bad technique. Should've probably been given a week or two previously instead of a warning though, caution noticed probably aren't s strong enough message to stop someone using a technique that has been very effective for them.

Snappy

Coach
If he copped a charge for the previous incidents that didn't cause injury, you lot would have been up in arms about it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
3 weeks for turning to brace for impact compared to 2 weeks for dropping someone on their head and risking spinal damage. the NRL has a strange judiciary set up!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
This thread wouldn't exist dopey.

Because if Gallen's knee hit Johnson's head it would somehow alter time?

You came up with an irrelevant hypothetical in relation to this incident, not instead of it.

After all how can Gallen's knee be in "the same way" as something that doesn't exist?

That damn powerful time traveling Gallen.

betcats

Referee
Considering he has been warned twice he is very lucky to only miss 3 weeks imo. I'd be filthy if a habitual knee raiser shattered my jaw and put me out for the season and only got 3 weeks.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Clearly has all his limbs braced for a side on impact. Deliberately lifting and dropping on head is worth 2 weeks, this is worth a slap on wrist. Unfortunate it led to a bad injury but that's collision sport for you.

safe_image.php

betcats

Referee
Clearly has all his limbs braced for a side on impact. Deliberately lifting and dropping on head is worth 2 weeks, this is worth a slap on wrist. Unfortunate it led to a bad injury but that's collision sport for you.

safe_image.php

He raised his knee into Tupous jaw, or do you deny that? Forget Peacheys suspension, he was trying to do the league a service.

carcharias

Immortal

safe_image.php

Maybe he can turn to brace a few Perth players in the face if they ever get a team then.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
He raised his knee into Tupous jaw, or do you deny that? Forget Peacheys suspension, he was trying to do the league a service.

He raised his knee yes, but I'm sure he wasn't deliberately trying to contact Tupou's jaw as you seem to be implying. 3 weeks for the knee lift is fair but he shouldn't get extra penalties for the fact that Tupou got his head in a bad place making a tackle, no way was it good technique on his part.

betcats

Referee
He raised his knee yes, but I'm sure he wasn't deliberately trying to contact Tupou's jaw as you seem to be implying. 3 weeks for the knee lift is fair but he shouldn't get extra penalties for the fact that Tupou got his head in a bad place making a tackle, no way was it good technique on his part.

I don't think it was deliberate but you cant raise your knee like that going into a tackle, he got warned twice, continued to do it and what do you know someone has a shattered jaw and that's Tupous fault?

Tupou's technique wasn't good but imo defenders should not have to worry about raised knees when going into a tackle. Even if he had of got his head to the side Konrad still might of got him in the chest or done enough to get a third warning.

firechild

First Grade
I'm ok with the 3 weeks. It's about on par with previous knee lifts and the reality is, it wasn't much worse than others that I've seen suspensions for except for the fact Tupou got his head into an unfortunate position.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No think he raised his leg as apart of bracing for a heavy side impact, just unfortunate the tackler had his head low and it caught him in the jaw. In the next shot his other foot is nearly as high off the ground in running, accidents happen in collision sport. it seems our fairy floss world of no risk sport has forgotten that in RL.

carcharias

Immortal
Knee lift is against the rules no matter how much bullshit you try to cover it up with.
Injuries are taken into account too.
Illegal play that caused a significant injury.

He was warned twice as well
He had no excuse .

Injuries should have nothing to do with it.

But clearly it did because what Peachey did was worse.

This is what happens when you have reactionary people and systems in power.

bottle

Coach
If he lifted his knees that high as part of his normal running action he'd slow down a bit. He'd run 100m in 35.67.

Latest posts