What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how many weeks for Kony

Generalzod

Immortal
Toups out for the season with a busted jaw and the bloke who lead with his knee and only gets 3 weeks for it, f**k off NRL...

lockyno1

Post Whore
So next time when it happens to a Broncos player you won't get that upset about it...... Sanity prevails....

3-4 weeks is about fair. Terrible technique yes but he didn't go full Craig Young on him. Toops didn't help himself but his positioning. That said terrible technique from Hurrell and a 3-4 week suspension is very fair. Move on.

drago brelli

Bench
Good decision, 3 weeks is fair.

I think this is fair comment. I indicates that you, me and the NRL have no idea. Poor Tupou will require probably $20 000 worth of dental work and that is after he is finished 'eating' from a straw for the next 3 months.

JJ

Immortal
No injury, no suspension. Not even a case to answer.

Yep, but that's the fault of the NRL, not that this is the wrong call

Hurrell (and others) have to stop this - it is illegal and dangerous, simple really - should have been done long ago

lockyno1

Post Whore
I think this is fair comment. I indicates that you, me and the NRL have no idea. Poor Tupou will require probably $20 000 worth of dental work and that is after he is finished 'eating' from a straw for the next 3 months.

We all feel for Tupou but come on we can't be suspending blokes just because someone cops an injury that sets a really dangerous precedent.

betcats

Referee
We all feel for Tupou but come on we can't be suspending blokes just because someone cops an injury that sets a really dangerous precedent.

That precedent has been set already with Alex Mckinnon and Ray Thompson injuries. Snowden got 8 weeks for standing still while Thompson ran into his shoulder. McCLean got a masive suspension because Alex hurt his spine yet we have all seen worse lifting tackles than that since then that have not been charged anywhere near as harshly, Peachey this w.e for example.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
That precedent has been set already with Alex Mckinnon and Ray Thompson injuries. Snowden got 8 weeks for standing still while Thompson ran into his shoulder. McCLean got a masive suspension because Alex hurt his spine yet we have all seen worse lifting tackles than that since then that have not been charged anywhere near as harshly, Peachey this w.e for example.

The Snowden one was a joke, and let's not repeat that please. Unfortunate things happen it is a contact sport after all

carcharias

Immortal
It looked deliberate.
Maybe not to bust a jaw but he deliberately lifted his knee into the tackle.
...and that is a no no ..no matter how many tackles he has used his mythical hip in before.

betcats

Referee
It looked deliberate.
Maybe not to bust a jaw but he deliberately lifted his knee into the tackle.
...and that is a no no ..no matter how many tackles he has used his mythical hip in before.

Gotta agree with my good mate Carchy.

Can someone clarify the lifting knee rule for me aswell? Like why is he only getting in trouble after he shatters someones jaw? IF its against the rules penalise it. Imagine the injury toll we would have if every player decided to start using the same technique.

RWB

Bench
Gotta agree with my good mate Carchy.

Can someone clarify the lifting knee rule for me aswell? Like why is he only getting in trouble after he shatters someones jaw? IF its against the rules penalise it. Imagine the injury toll we would have if every player decided to start using the same technique.

A hip bump is when someone gets square on, not as front on as Hurrell was when he hit Tupou. It's about positioning the hip, not the knee.

I'm not sure why this is so hard for some to understand.

betcats

Referee
A hip bump is when someone gets square on, not as front on as Hurrell was when he hit Tupou. It's about positioning the hip, not the knee.

I'm not sure why this is so hard for some to understand.

Im not talking about a hip bump genius. I mean when he lifts his knee going into the hip bump, or does he not lift the knee in your opinion?

RWB

Bench
Im not talking about a hip bump genius. I mean when he lifts his knee going into the hip bump, or does he not lift the knee in your opinion?

Lifting his knee is all about locking his hip in place for the bump.

I can't break it down any simpler than that.

Latest posts