What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Latrell?

Valheru

Coach
I'd dearly love someone to explain to me why Latrell's shot was a grade lower than CHN's

I reckon they think he will contest it and weren't quite confident a grade 3 would hold up.

It he contests grade 2 it should last 15 seconds at the judiciary.

yobbo84

First Grade
We won't contest. There is nothing to argue. A downgrade and he still misses the season.

Anyway, we don't even contest the soft grade ones. I mean 20% of his loading comes from sliding in and clipping Luke Garner's ankles with his knees that wouldn't have bruised a tomato. Those add up and now he's facing 6.

One thing I will applaud the Roosters for is they don't cop those rubbish charges and often get them cleared at the judiciary.

seanoff

Juniors
Souths should take it and run. It’s going to last 2 secs if he contests which will be the chairman saying “Really???!!! Go away. 9”. Should have been a grade 3.

Burwood

Bench
They’ll try and argue that it is careless, not reckless. Or if bunniesman is running their defence, grade one tripping and $1500 fine.

yobbo84

First Grade
There's also nothing to lose if you contest...
A downgrade to grade 1 is still 5 weeks. A world class legal bamboozlement of the judiciary panel could see a downgrade to a grade 3 careless. That's still 4 weeks.

There's no point risking ruining the start of our 2022 season too. Without Reyno and Wayne we need all hands on deck to get the new era started well.

Saxon

Bench
Joey gets up laughing if Latrell was Preston Campbell sized and put the same shot on. Penalty sufficient in that instance. He's a victim of his own strength
Preston would have needed a ladder to hit Manu that high.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
LOL when has the MRC ever done us a favour around finals? Sam Burgess missed one for a hair pull FFS.
How about in the 2014 prelim final when Sam Burgess smashed SBW in the nose and wasn't even penalized after one of the refs called high contact but the other said, don't worry he is getting up. MRC didn't even look at it. Broke SBW's nose. Should have missed the GF.

yobbo84

First Grade
How about in the 2014 prelim final when Sam Burgess smashed SBW in the nose and wasn't even penalized after one of the refs called high contact but the other said, don't worry he is getting up. MRC didn't even look at it. Broke SBW's nose. Should have missed the GF.
You mean the prelim where Isaac Luke was suspended from the GF for a dangerous tackle on SBW who landed on his hip? Remember it well.

Danish

Referee
Cleary's wasn't that much different and he didn't even have a case to answer, Latrell was making an arm wrapping motion, they can at least use that in their defense

Latrell is about 30 kg's heavier, got him flush and I think more importantly caused an injury. If he doesn't injure him is it even a talking point? I'm going to say no

sure I hit him in the head with a bat. But I mean it was HIS skull that fractured. Not my fault really. We wouldn’t even be talking about this if his bones weren’t so brittle