What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Latrell?

colly

Juniors
They should have two officials in the bunker. I think it was a financial 'corona' step to have one, as well as some other problems with two officials. So to fix that problem which was, they did not have a clear posttion of leader, what roles to play each bunker offical does. So one official can constantly be trawling past tackles while the other is engaged on current play. Counter views on tries would be helpful. Also greater examination of captains challenge. Most times a challege is set upstairs as a simple inquiry, but other rules were broken , which is not looked at or adjudicated on.

blaza88z

Coach
sure I hit him in the head with a bat. But I mean it was HIS skull that fractured. Not my fault really. We wouldn’t even be talking about this if his bones weren’t so brittle

They use the injury when deciding the charge, so really if you're a 80kg halfback.. feel free to lead in with the shoulder knowing you won't make a dent, that's my point.

If Cleary was a bigger body and "braced" and left the attacking player laying on the ground, he's probably doing a couple of weeks himself.

Just listened to Gould and co trying to defend it......and using the old we who played the game at this level understand card. They should be held to account.

What is sad in all this is that no one is showing any care for Manu. He's the one drinking through a straw for a month.

As I said he is damn lucky to get 6 weeks. It was a dangerous and totally reckless tackle that smashed a guys face

blaza88z

Coach
Just listened to Gould and co trying to defend it......and using the old we who played the game at this level understand card. They should be held to account.

What is sad in all this is that no one is showing any care for Manu. He's the one drinking through a straw for a month.

As I said he is damn lucky to get 6 weeks. It was a dangerous and totally reckless tackle that smashed a guys face

Make a thread about it, it's just ridiculous isn't it

Chippy73

Bench

Last night on Nein Beesting was flat out saying (paraphrasing) "if you have never played first grade NRL you have no right to an opinion on this and need to butt out and STFU", and he repeated that line of argument 5-6 times.

Last night on Nein Beesting was flat out saying (paraphrasing) "if you have never played first grade NRL you have no right to an opinion on this and need to butt out and STFU", and he repeated that line of argument 5-6 times.
Sage advice. I’ve never acted in or made a movie so I won’t have an opinion on any film I see. Same with books and records.

Knight76

Juniors
6 weeks to the NRL is a big whack.

Thats one of the problems with the NRL. They see the 9 weeks as the punishment but he got 6 for pleading guilty.

That warranted a send off and the NRL agree. Any send off should be referred straight to the judiciary, no guilty plea allowed to lessen the suspension.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
He has often said they don’t understand the game
Gould's 'understanding' of the game is completely tied to what his agenda is each week. Always has been.

I'm a fan also, I don't like what happened last night, don't like the head stuff at all. Never have. Think there's now a growing number - even a majority - of fans that feel the same way.

I've thought for about 6-7 years that Gould's a dinosaur in the game and modern rugby league is moving on without him, it's just that Nine gives him a platform. I actually think in some ways Nine has also been left behind by Fox' coverage, which is substantially more objective and less agenda filled.

When's the TV deal next negotiated?

The ref was right to send Gagai to the bin, despite his protests- which probably could have had his yellow upgraded to a red and should see him front the judiciary.
I’m glad someone else brought that up. I was surprised when he swore so blatantly at Klein; do all players swear at the ref and I just miss it?

Either way, it is a terrible look.

So according to Gus the refs aren't qualified to have an opinion because they haven't played first grade?

What an idiot.

I used to know an NRL referees coach. He told me that about 15 yearts ago, a group of them sat down withg the Nine commentary team to go through the rules with them and explain how they work. He said to me that none of them coul;d understrand them and refused to absorb any of the info they were trying to impoart. He said Gould, Fatty and even Sterlo were the most obtuse.

taste2taste

Juniors

I made the regrettable decision to watch the ch 9 post game show, tbh I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
Not only did Gus and Joey defend the tackle but Gus eluded that Mitchell should receive a shorter suspension because he is a star player people want to watch in the finals.
Joey countined with this bring back punching campaign.
And good luck if you wanted to get an update on Manu or the Roosters chances winning without him, didn't cross thier prehistoric minds to mention either.
Gus and Joey spend all game moaning, I can't stand thier negativity, absolutely punishing to listen to.