What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Latrell?

yobbo84

First Grade
$40k? That'll teach them to abuse match officials! I wonder if Uncle Nick can afford it?

Perth Red

Post Whore
pocket change for nick. I don't normally support coaches having a go at refs, it does no good and just makes fans whinge more, but cant really blame him this time. The refs arent really the problem, its the NRL constantly changing how they want them to ref the game. One week they want a clamp down, then they bottle it and tell them to loosen off, then they sack them for not being tough. Make your mind up what you want Vlandys and let the refs call the game as it should be.

I also wonder what impact the cost cutting has had as the bunker was one area they were reducing costs in. Integrity unit was other so I fully expect we'll get some salary cap sagas in the next couple of years.

catstorm

Juniors
This is kinda f**ked, they literally sacked the bunker ref. So that means they accepted that what Robinson said was accurate, how can you fine someone for accurate statements.

Honestly this is why all professional sports have such issues with incompetent reffing, because they are made above criticism. I can't think of any other profession where you can f**k up over and over again and are completely immune to criticism.

yobbo84

First Grade
This is kinda f**ked, they literally sacked the bunker ref. So that means they accepted that what Robinson said was accurate, how can you fine someone for accurate statements.

Honestly this is why all professional sports have such issues with incompetent reffing, because they are made above criticism. I can't think of any other profession where you can f**k up over and over again and are completely immune to criticism.
He claimed the Roosters were being targeted by the NRL and the bunker were ignoring Roosters being hit high. That's questioning their integrity which is why he'd be being fined.

I don't think he or the Roosters would care one bit - Nick would drop more on a bottle wine at lunch.

catstorm

Juniors
He claimed the Roosters were being targeted by the NRL and the bunker were ignoring Roosters being hit high. That's questioning their integrity which is why he'd be being fined.

I don't think he or the Roosters would care one bit - Nick would drop more on a bottle wine at lunch.
Yeah you are right, had he stuck to just tearing the bunker a new one on that particular case he probably wouldn't have been fined. But yeah he did create some fantasy conspiracy argument, so i stand corrected.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Yeh nah. I reckon Robbo got Nick‘s blessing before he sat for the presser.
Is it money well spent? Will anything change? Henry Pereneum will be back bigger and better than ever some time down the track and will f**k things up again, be stood down, then reinstated. It's like he doesn't have to give a shit.

Perth Red

Post Whore

playing? I mean how many missed tackles, dropped balls, penalties given away, wrong decisions does a player make in a game? The day the ref can do an interview and bag off players and coaches for stuffing up is the day the coaches should be able to bag off refs!

I have no problem with the fine. My issue is it takes the match officials performance off the agenda. Perenara copped it but if Klein seemingly gets let off. He had zero control of the game which allowed the escalation of events to occur.

playing? I mean how many missed tackles, dropped balls, penalties given away, wrong decisions does a player make in a game? The day the ref can do an interview and bag off players and coaches for stuffing up is the day the coaches should be able to bag off refs!
Players stuffing up is on them and the club. They cost themselves the result. Refs stuffing up is out of their control. Big difference.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I have no problem with the fine. My issue is it takes the match officials performance off the agenda. Perenara copped it but if Klein seemingly gets let off. He had zero control of the game which allowed the escalation of events to occur.
they need some lessons from SL refs! None of this first name matey matey nonsense, no backchat or your marched 10 then in the bin, no having to explain the decision to three different players. Sadly the authoritarian refs were criticised by the likes of Gould for not being respectful of the players and we now have the situation where the refs are afraid to control the game.

It is laughable how they are now trying to put some heat on JWH. Latrell should just thank his lucky stars they are all up in Qld as the Eastern beaches wouldn't be a safe place for him to be.

Why not just blame the bloke who did it....thats right we will give him a soft suspension whilst media commentators defend his actions. All the while Manu is in hospital drinking through a straw after what was probably the worst head shot in the last 20 years.

It is laughable how they are now trying to put some heat on JWH. Latrell should just thank his lucky stars they are all up in Qld as the Eastern beaches wouldn't be a safe place for him to be.
I imagine Eastern Beaches thugs to look like the gang members out of West side story tbh.

Dancing toward you in a menacing yet strangely rhythmic manner.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
No justice at all in this system. He was punished for the injury, not the tackle. The ridiculousness can be seen if you imagine Latrell was MORE reckless, not less, got him even higher, and collected him around the forehead area. It wouldn't have been as bad an injury and he wouldn't be out for 6 weeks.

That is not fair in anyway. Worse tackles can lead to injury and relatively minor misdeeds can lead to catastrophe. There should be zero weight given to injury when deciding on punishments.
Reckon those well paid lawyers may be taking Souths and Souths fans for a ride.