What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Pritchard and Kasiano?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If you play NRL in super slo-mo, both would be gone for 45 weeks each.

At full speed it's clear neither were there to hurt Widdop - Pritchard was a genuine chance at the ball after charging it down and hardly had time to pull out - he's a big unit and can't turn on a dime. Kasiano was coming in for the tackle to wrap him up and got it wrong.

Both silly, might get a week each but neither were deliberately trying to hurt him ffs

Benny77

Juniors
If you play NRL in super slo-mo, both would be gone for 45 weeks each.

At full speed it's clear neither were there to hurt Widdop - Pritchard was a genuine chance at the ball after charging it down and hardly had time to pull out - he's a big unit and can't turn on a dime. Kasiano was coming in for the tackle to wrap him up and got it wrong.

Both silly, might get a week each but neither were deliberately trying to hurt him ffs

I agree that Pritchard may not have been deliberate. But I think Kasiano's was. IMO, he didn't make an attempt at wrapping him up, he had his arms tucked in and led with the elbow

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In slo-mo, sure.

At full speed he's just dropping in to make sure the player on the ground doesn't get up and run again. Bad angle and silly but not deliberate.

Burwood

Bench
Don't think there was much in Pritchard's tackle- pretty hard for him to pull out and it was more his shins that made contact, not dropped knees.

Kasiano's tackle is fairly indefensible though- All he had to do was lay a hand on Widdop and the tackle would have been completed. There was no need to put 120kg of force recklessly onto Widdop's head and neck. I'm amazed he was able to get up and play the ball.

Don't think there was much in Pritchard's tackle- pretty hard for him to pull out and it was more his shins that made contact, not dropped knees.

Kasiano's tackle is fairly indefensible though- All he had to do was lay a hand on Widdop and the tackle would have been completed. There was no need to put 120kg of force recklessly onto Widdop's head and neck. I'm amazed he was able to get up and play the ball.
Yep, that could have been bad. Really bad.

A similar injury to McKinnon's could have occurred.

hellteam

First Grade
Kasianos tackle was terrible. One of the most dangerous in years, he should be gone for 6+ weeks. Shocking to watch, honestly could have killed him

McLovin

Staff member
Kasiano is the biggest grub in the game. Constantly trying to fight markers at the play the ball. Using his 150kg blob-like frame to squash halfbacks...sickening..

I'm crying as i type this

MilkShark

First Grade
I support neither team so from from my point of view:

1. Eastwood will be safe but what he did was reckless, very very lucky he didn't do any more damage
2. Pritchard, see ya later. It wasnt neccessary.
3. Kasiano, see ya next year. That was barbaric

I'm all for keeping the toughness in league but gee they were not tough acts, these guys need some time off.

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
Eastwood - nothing wrong with it. That tackle happens in every game and players come out of it alright. Players have been tackling like that for years.

Pritchard - probably worth a week. Yes, he was going at speed, but when he knew Widdop had the ball covered he dropped to his knees. Dangerous and reckless play.

Kasiano - not sure about this one, it could go either way. Was trying to effect a hard tackle to an already grounded opponent, but the way he came in there was nothing else but a 'super crusher' going to happen.

carcharias

Immortal
Maloneys kick was about 20 times worse than Pritchard's trip over the bloke who dived into the ground in front of him.
Maloney got no real penalty

Kasiano's was just a ferocious tackle
Widdop was fair game

No way Kasiano intentionally meant to get his head in that position .

Snappy

Coach
430814-des-hasler-canterbury-bulldogs.jpg

cleary89

Coach
Might get 1 each. The kasiano one was high but hea lying on the ground. Its still dangerous contact. Dunno about the knee, 60 points would be fair but does he have carry overs and prior offenses?

Not much in eastwoods.

Either way i dont care, we are out. Hope they bash the roosters.

Frailty

First Grade
Maloneys kick was about 20 times worse than Pritchard's trip over the bloke who dived into the ground in front of him.
Maloney got no real penalty

Kasiano's was just a ferocious tackle
Widdop was fair game

No way Kasiano intentionally meant to get his head in that position .

Maloney was only free to play for a good record - that Pritchard doesn't have.
I won't be fussed to see Kasianomfree to play.

Clifferd

Coach
If anything pritchard should have gone in harder. Maybe widdop would hAve gone off injured in not attempted a 40 20 and our season would still be alive lol

Yup agreed haha. Plus I reckon if Marshall doesn't get injured you guys win, ah well

Danish

Referee
Didn't see anything in Pritchard's knees. The rule on knees always seems to be if you can't pull out then they don't care. Pritchard had no time to pull out, so I can't see how they will charge him and nor should they under the current rule. They could avoid these situations though by tweaking he rule to say that you do actually have to take evasive action to not knee somebody e.g. Pritchard could have jumped over Widdop.

Kasiano seemed more deliberate. He tucked both his arms and basically launched into him on the ground. If Widdop was standing up and Kasiano did that he'd be looking at a grade 1 shouldercharge. Don't know if that works with a player on the ground.

Frankly I have more of an issue with the Eastwood tackle. He basically put a f**king leg lock on Marshall, and has history with that style (as mentioned previously he did a similar thing to Pearce earlier in the year). Using your leg to trip someone while affecting a tackle is ok, but Eastwood left the ground, wrapped his leg around Marshall's and dropped down on it with his full weight

Gippsy

Bench
Pritchard and and Eastwood should be charged by the NRL

Kasiano should be charged with attempted murder.

More than likely nothing will happen but they were still dog acts by scum players from a scum of a club.

Latest posts