What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Pritchard and Kasiano?

LatK7

First Grade
Both should cop a week or two. Pritchard one is obvious. Kasiano charged a bloke's head/neck while flopping on to him - as others have mentioned, let it go and it sets a very dangerous precedent.

MarkC

Juniors
The Eastwood tackle is legal at present, but it is something they should look at.
I don't think it is intentional, but there is a high risk of injury when that style of tackle goes wrong.
On Kasiano & Pritchard tackles, I don't think it is intentional, there are very few if any players in the game that intentionally try to injure other players.
They are both big clumsy guys and things were happening a speed, so you need to look at the decision time and reaction time.
While tackles might not be intentional, they could be reckless I would need to look at the Kasiano one again in game speed. It could be reckless, he probably did not need to go in so hard and uncontrolled.
For the Pritchard one I don't think there is much he could have done about it. Except for perhaps trying to jump over Widdop in the last split second.
If I had to guess, I would say Pritchard will get suspended and Kasiano may get off, but it probably should be other other way around.

getsmarty

Immortal
The Eastwood tackle is legal at present, but it is something they should look at.
I don't think it is intentional, but there is a high risk of injury when that style of tackle goes wrong.
On Kasiano & Pritchard tackles, I don't think it is intentional, there are very few if any players in the game that intentionally try to injure other players.
They are both big clumsy guys and things were happening a speed, so you need to look at the decision time and reaction time.
While tackles might not be intentional, they could be reckless I would need to look at the Kasiano one again in game speed. It could be reckless, he probably did not need to go in so hard and uncontrolled.
For the Pritchard one I don't think there is much he could have done about it. Except for perhaps trying to jump over Widdop in the last split second.
If I had to guess, I would say Pritchard will get suspended and Kasiano may get off, but it probably should be other other way around.

So if Pritchard went in like that on a tryscorer are you saying it wouldn't be an 8 point try??? Sorry can't agree. As for Kasiano it looked like he led with the Forearm...hard to understand how that is unintentional. Widdop's head shook back and forth. He certainly didn't miss him.

I am all for hard and fair play but this is thuggery.Would you want your kid/Kids to be on the receiving end of either of those tackles ?

Nrl has to look at all these Wrestling holds etc and get them out of the game.

aussie7798

First Grade
Pritchard intentionally dropped the knees into widdop he could have easily reduced the amount of force he dropped onto widdop

Kasianos tackle was far far worse forearms and elbows up making full contact with the head and shoulders of widdop you can see clearly the force of the contact by the way widdops heads bounces up afterwards had huge potential to be a very serious neck or spinal injury.

StMick

Bench
A question - If Pritchard and Kasiano did that to Johnathon Thurston instead of Widdop, what happens? The media would be going balistic today and both Prichard and Kasiano would be looking at a long stint on the sideline I have no doubt.

Valheru

Coach
I though Pritchard's was a gebuine accident. Kasiano's looked deliberate and deserves a charge. Not sure what his record is but an early guilty plea should see him play next week.

ouwet

Bench
The penalty St George got was a joke... They were nothing!

What was Pritchard meant to do? Widdop just dropped in front of him... The Bulldogs will fight it (If charged) and get off, try proving he initially did it within the laws of the game, no chance! No one remembers Burgees leading in with the knees earlier in the year and got nothing?? He had time on that occasion also!

Kasiano suspended? :lol: Are you kidding me? Widdop was fair game, it's Rugby League... Happens pretty much in every game!

ek999

First Grade
Bet they both get off. Eastwood too, despite trying to break a bloke's legs. Absolute joke.

Eastwood isn't Issac Luke, he wasn't trying to break a guys leg. ackles like that, where the defender wraps up the ball to stop the offload and then uses his legs to get the player on the ground happen heaps in every match. The Dragons players would have done similar tackles too. It isn't like a chicken wing where a defender is actually trying to hurt the opposition.

Pritchard shouldn't get charged, he was chasing for the ball and couldn't pull up when Widdop got to the ball first. I don't have a problem with the hit by Kasiano either in terms of hitting him hard when he was on the ground, that's perfectly legal - for example Hodges on B Morris when he was on the ground injured. But if he has made contact with the head with his forearm or shoulder he should cop a grade 1 charge which will see him miss next week

Vic Mackey

Referee
Pritchard looked exactly like the knees Jeremy smith put into lote in the 2010 semi which didn't get a penalty.

Didn't see dragons fans up in arms about that one.

Latest posts