What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Sonny-Bill?

seanoff

Juniors
has to get a couple, at least.

even if shoulder charges were legal, that was just a flat out attack on another players' head already held in the tackle. one on one, maybe. but as the thaiday into the tackle, no.

has to get a couple, at least.

even if shoulder charges were legal, that was just a flat out attack on another players' head already held in the tackle. one on one, maybe. but as the thaiday into the tackle, no.

So Jeremy Smith should "get a couple" too. Since he "flat out attack[ed]" Waerea-Hargreaves head while he was already held in the tackle, not one-on-one.

thomo

Juniors
Souths supporter here - I don't think there was much in the SBW incident however, as others have brought up, Everingham got 2 weeks for less so that will probably be what SBW ends up with. Who knows though? Absolute lottery these days.

Meth

Staff member
2 weeks

Just wondering, because I don't really follow the SBW bitching threads covering the sage around him, what is the status on the SBW/Mason relationship?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It looked a lot worse on slow-mo because he really caught him smack on the chin. At normal speed it was pretty innocuous and Mason wasn't even really hurt despite the flush contact.

I know that the injury isn't the important factor but in this case it reflects the relatively innocuous nature of the contact.

I also think it's reaching to suggest that he deliberately hit him in the head, SBW isn't a rocket scientist but why on earth would he do that in full view of everyone? Looked more like he was trying to get a sneaky bit of contact in on the end of an already completed tackle and with Mason falling slightly he f*cked it up.

Still clearly an illegal shoulder charge plus high, should go for a couple of weeks.

Ozzy

First Grade
Should get twice as much as GI got considering shoulder charges aren't legal at all now.
:lol: So now you're admitting that the GI one was a shoulder charge? You must really fear the Roosters with SBW with the amount of death riding you are doing. IMO SBW will get 2-3 weeks and with the carry over, Ryles will cop a season.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Mason was held up by 2 guys and SBW comes in with the shoulder to the head.
Gutless act by a gutless player. I couldn't care less about the Roosters (with Pearce and Maloney as as halves they'll choke in the big games anyway), but it'll be a joke if SBW doesn't get at least 3/4 weeks.

At least they get there. What has your lover Mullen done in his career?
Look, this wasn't like the Riley Brown incident on Craig Wing. I hate SBW, but you can't say that Mason was held up by 2 guys, it all happened fast without the slow mo replay. 2 weeks IMO.

Also Mason isn't the type of player to milk a penalty, he was really hurt and watching the replay, you can understand why.

First Roosters defensive hit of the day was a SBW shoulder charge.

SBW's second shoulder charge was flush in Willie Mason's head.

Shoulder charge is now banned.

Should get 6-8 weeks as an example to everyone else.

However, he should get 6-8 weeks reduction for calling Willie a 'f***ing weak c* **'

FLMAO - I love lip reading.

Bravo SBW!!! FLMAO!!!

Rosetta

Juniors
It looked a lot worse on slow-mo because he really caught him smack on the chin. At normal speed it was pretty innocuous and Mason wasn't even really hurt despite the flush contact.

I know that the injury isn't the important factor but in this case it reflects the relatively innocuous nature of the contact.

I also think it's reaching to suggest that he deliberately hit him in the head, SBW isn't a rocket scientist but why on earth would he do that in full view of everyone? Looked more like he was trying to get a sneaky bit of contact in on the end of an already completed tackle and with Mason falling slightly he f*cked it up.

Still clearly an illegal shoulder charge plus high, should go for a couple of weeks.

Pretty much spot on, SBW's team mate got in the way of where he wanted to deliver the shot so SBW lifted his arm to avoid the team mate and instead copped Mason flush in the chin with his shoulder, he didn't turn his body into Mason to lead with the shoulder though so it's a careless high contact grade 2 or 3 for me, that's probably 1-3 weeks depending on carry-over points, loading etc. (I think he copped a grade 1 earlier this year)

Tommy Smith

Referee
2 weeks. Anything more would be obscene, and anything less not appropriate either.

Id actually be happy to see him cop two weeks. Freshen him up nicely for the run home.

Bumble

First Grade
But then there are no rules for Melb or Ingli$

SBW should get some time, but Smith should get more

...the same Inglis who has been dropped on his head 45 times this year without the offender being sent off? Or the bloke who got suspended for 3 weeks last year? :roll:

Rod

Bench
Am I right in saying that the sin bin can't be used for something like that?

If so I think an argument could be made that mid-range offences like that deserve 10 minutes in the bin.

ek999

First Grade
If they are serious about getting rid of the shoulder charge it should be 5-6 weeks, Flush contact to the head whilst he was held by 2 others. Instead he will probably get 1-2 because they have been soft on every one of them this year

Valheru

Coach
The hysteria for this hit is amusing. It is particularly funny to see that most souths fans want 6 weeks as the punishment. One does not have to be a rocket scientist to work out why.

GONZO72

Juniors
Souths fans are pathetic. One good year in 42, and the go hysterical. They have been craving success for decades. They will choke come sept

yobbo84

Coach
Andrew Everingham got a Grade 2 earlier this year for something fairly innocuous. Based on that you'd think SBW's is at least a Grade 3, meaning 3 weeks with an early guilty plea. Anything less would be a joke.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
The hysteria for this hit is amusing. It is particularly funny to see that most souths fans want 6 weeks as the punishment. One does not have to be a rocket scientist to work out why.
2 Souths fans = Most Souths fans?

Yeah ok.. Personally I think it deserves 2 weeks.

Latest posts