What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Sua'ali'i

How many weeks for Sua'ali'i

• 2-3

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • 4-5

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • 6-8

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters

Barney Hasslet

Juniors
And Lamb stayed on
You had to go all the way to the 80s to make a point and even then it didn’t stick
Thats the whole point.............

At the moment, it is disincentivised because the risk is the player would be sent off for the remainder of the game.....if you reduced the risk to being short for 10mins, you would increase the incentive to do it......

70d7f3b5-53b7-4671-9f8d-9495a93e8d77_text.gif

Game_Breaker

Coach
Thats the whole point.............

At the moment, it is disincentivised because the risk is the player would be sent off for the remainder of the game.....if you reduced the risk to being short for 10mins, you would increase the incentive to do it......

70d7f3b5-53b7-4671-9f8d-9495a93e8d77_text.gif

It doesn’t have to 10
I’m just spitballing

But if you’re going to use examples at least provide one in the last 20 years and where that player was actually sent off

Barney Hasslet

Juniors
It doesn’t have to 10
I’m just spitballing

But if you’re going to use examples at least provide one in the last 20 years and where that player was actually sent off
The Terry Lamb example proves that coaches and teams would consider doing it, the fact it hasnt happened since proves that the current rule disincentivises it...........
Now stick with me............reducing the length of the time a team was disadvantaged would increase or decrease the incentive to do it?

Nutz

Bench
Should've been a sin bin at worse, walsh was sliding, the connection to head doesn't happen if he doesn't slide
It's hard to lower your tackle (body height) at pace from an angle...you'll get sidestepped easily especially someone like Walsh. These Muppets who are preaching the lowering of tackling are right but it applies more to front on tackling.
Joseph should get 3 weeks and an 18th man should be able to come in because there were mitigating circumstances and it's SOO.
If it was a spear tackle say where the player is lifted and dumped on his head without any mitigating circumstances then a public stoning is in order.

Game_Breaker

Coach
The Terry Lamb example proves that coaches and teams would consider doing it, the fact it hasnt happened since proves that the current rule disincentivises it...........
Now stick with me............reducing the length of the time a team was disadvantaged would increase or decrease the incentive to do it?

You’re using 1 example from 36 years ago and even then it doesn’t prove Lamb was instructed to do anything. This is the 80s we’re talking about

The fact you don’t have any example from the last 30 years shows you have no leg to stand on

Barney Hasslet

Juniors
You’re using 1 example from 36 years ago and even then it doesn’t prove Lamb was instructed to do anything. This is the 80s we’re talking about

The fact you don’t have any example from the last 30 years shows you have no leg to stand on
Wow.....doubling down on stupidity. First impressions are often right.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Can you come up with an example from 100 years ago? You know, to really enforce your point lol

Imagine trying to debate the modern game with modern rules and numbnuts brings up the 80s lol
Gavrilo Princip didn’t get sent off and he shot a bloke and his missus in the face

Danish

Referee
Yes.....lets imagine that happens in a grand final, under the Union rules. Hypothetically Manly v Broncos. Tuesday afternoon Manly shock everyone by naming Nathan Brown as starting prop and dropping Taniela Paseka to 18th man. Game starts, Nathan Brown runs like a mad man, taking every run and hit up for 10mins and then first chance takes Walsh's head off with a swinging arm that knocks Walsh out cold.

Brown gets sent off, Manly defend their hearts out for 10mins and then Paseka effectively runs on in the 20th minnute exactly like any other bench prop and plays his normal game. After 20mins Manly would have their first choice team at full strength and Brisbane would be without their star.

No one would ever do that would they?

Apologies to manly & Nathan Brown, first team I could think of with an aging second string prop that would fit the argument.

In what world did you think the team would be allowed to use their 18th man to replace the sent off player?

they’d just be allowed to have 13 back on the field from a reduced squad of 16

taste2taste

Juniors
I'm glad they didn't send Terry Lamb off, Hanley was clearly slipping and Lamb being the taller man couldn't adjust his swinging arm height.

Sending Lamb off would have ruined the grand final and the Bulldogs would have most likely lost ;)

Saxon

Bench
It's hard to lower your tackle (body height) at pace from an angle...you'll get sidestepped easily especially someone like Walsh. These Muppets who are preaching the lowering of tackling are right but it applies more to front on tackling.
Joseph should get 3 weeks and an 18th man should be able to come in because there were mitigating circumstances and it's SOO.
If it was a spear tackle say where the player is lifted and dumped on his head without any mitigating circumstances then a public stoning is in order.
You can get 10 in the bin for illegally holding a player and preventing them having an opportunity to get to the ball and score. And that's probably fair. To suggest that a relatively equivalent penalty is reasonable for that tackle is ridiculous.
And sorry, but what mitigating circumstances?
Sua'ali'i made no attempt to tackle and stop Walsh passing or running the ball. That hit was purely about smashing Walsh. I could have some sympathy for NSW's situation if Walsh was slipping while trying to pass - you know, while he still had the ball - and the incident happened while Sua'ali'i was trying to wrap him up. But that's not what happened, so f**k the merkin.

Nutz

Bench
You can get 10 in the bin for illegally holding a player and preventing them having an opportunity to get to the ball and score. And that's probably fair. To suggest that a relatively equivalent penalty is reasonable for that tackle is ridiculous.
And sorry, but what mitigating circumstances?
Sua'ali'i made no attempt to tackle and stop Walsh passing or running the ball. That hit was purely about smashing Walsh. I could have some sympathy for NSW's situation if Walsh was slipping while trying to pass - you know, while he still had the ball - and the incident happened while Sua'ali'i was trying to wrap him up. But that's not what happened, so f**k the merkin.
Oh dear, here we go again.
Look at the tackle in slow mo.
The contact was intended for torso/chest and wasn't a classic side on shoulder charge and at the last frame Walsh loses his footing and bingo, it's not rocket science.
If you've played the game, especially at that level, it's near impossible to tackle lower at pace on an outside shoulder. Try it one day. I've played rep footy and what I'm telling you is fact!
The only thing Joseph could have done is slow the tackle down so he could adjust if Walsh slips. In SOO that doesn't happen. Your expected to rush in at times.
The solution, play touch footy with noone watching.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The rest of the season... piss of to Union and don't come back. Enjoy playing in front of 3,000 people at domestic level. And when you travel overseas, enjoy getting humiliated in a Wallabies jersey in front of bigger crowds.

Nutz

Bench
The rest of the season... piss of to Union and don't come back. Enjoy playing in front of 3,000 people at domestic level. And when you travel overseas, enjoy getting humiliated in a Wallabies jersey in front of bigger crowds.
There won't be a rugby code the way they are going, he'll be back to RL, he's a great player and still developing

gerg

Juniors

Three weeks in the sinbin? Does he get bread and water delivered to him in the change rooms?

Saxon

Bench
Oh dear, here we go again.
Look at the tackle in slow mo.
The contact was intended for torso/chest and wasn't a classic side on shoulder charge and at the last frame Walsh loses his footing and bingo, it's not rocket science.
If you've played the game, especially at that level, it's near impossible to tackle lower at pace on an outside shoulder. Try it one day. I've played rep footy and what I'm telling you is fact!
The only thing Joseph could have done is slow the tackle down so he could adjust if Walsh slips. In SOO that doesn't happen. Your expected to rush in at times.
The solution, play touch footy with noone watching.
I don't think under 15's girls soccer quite counts here.

Latest posts