What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks should James Graham get?

How many weeks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't get the big deal. It was a dog act, but who cares? It was Billy Slater, too. Too many skirts in this thread getting "outraged". Harden up and have a f**ken laugh about it.

The Storm forwards got him back in the end, so it's been dealt with.

He's like me old mate Beauy Scott, not too bright but likes to get angry. Let the man be, he's good for a laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu4h8eVBrQw

Comparing it to Tyson is wrong, too. Tyson had every right to bite Holyfield's ear. If half you broads know anything about the sport of boxing, leading with your head is worse than biting someone's ear. Tyson told him "Stop leading with your head and head-butting me, or I'll bite your f**ken ear off." What did Holyfield do...

There's tempted to use in the head in boxing all the time, normal boxers don't respond by biting off their oppositions ear off :lol::lol:.

Exactly. The punishment should be much longer than 8 weeks.

What's preposterous is some of the people calling for pathetic punishments are the same people I've seen all year talking about "ban the shoulder charge,t hink of the children and the image of the game" :crazy:

Fire

First Grade
There's tempted to use in the head in boxing all the time, normal boxers don't respond by biting off their oppositions ear off :lol::lol:.

I know mate :lol: But there's being "outraged" and then there's taking it for what both incidents are, simple jokes. Have a laugh at them and move on.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
I don't get the big deal. It was a dog act, but who cares? It was Billy Slater, too. Too many skirts in this thread getting "outraged". Harden up and have a f**ken laugh about it.

The Storm forwards got him back in the end, so it's been dealt with.

He's like me old mate Beauy Scott, not too bright but likes to get angry. Let the man be, he's good for a laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu4h8eVBrQw

Comparing it to Tyson is wrong, too. Tyson had every right to bite Holyfield's ear. If half you broads know anything about the sport of boxing, leading with your head is worse than biting someone's ear. Tyson told him "Stop leading with your head and head-butting me, or I'll bite your f**ken ear off." What did Holyfield do...

I'm not outraged, and it increased my enjoyment of a grand final between two teams I
despise immensely, by I can't see how it can seriously be condoned.

Things quiet at work? You sound like you are touting for business. lol

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Did he rip his ear off? I couldn't see any damage.

I think give him a week off. But I see worse shit every tackle with elbows to the face and etc.

The 12-14 weeks is overkill.

Fire

First Grade
I'm not outraged, and it increased my enjoyment of a grand final between two teams I
despise immensely, by I can't see how it can seriously be condoned.

Things quiet at work? You sound like you are touting for business. lol

I agree too it can't be condoned. But, first time offender. Slap on the wrist and don't do it again. He was in a fight, sometimes people act on instincts.

I thought Graham's instincts were funny as f**k.

Billy's instincts on the other hand were weak as piss. Someone bit his ear and he doesn't even attempt to throw down with them. Instead he goes over and sooks to the refs. Woeful.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
I agree too it can't be condoned. But, first time offender. Slap on the wrist and don't do it again. He was in a fight, sometimes people act on instincts.

I thought Graham's instincts were funny as f**k.

Billy's instincts on the other hand were weak as piss. Someone bit his ear and he doesn't even attempt to throw down with them. Instead he goes over and sooks to the refs. Woeful.

It was funny because it was the doggies, funnier still because it happened to Slater,
and funniest of all because of the sheer level of stupidity required to do it. It is certainly
not a "never play again offence".

His instincts were funny because they were misplaced. An enforcer like Graham would
have been in many fights and he was in no real danger. He thought anything goes in
a grand final, and in a way he was right, because he didn't get sent off. He didn't
bite on some kind of survival instinct though.

Biting is an unwritten rule in Australia, although not hugely seriously in my opinion, unless
you actually take a chunk out of someone that won't grow back. He is a dumb pom
who didn't stop to ask what you can and can't get away with in Australia. Thick as shit doggie
all the way.

I'll bet he is sitting at home wondering what the fuss is all about.

Last edited:

Fire

First Grade
It was funny because it was the doggies, funnier still because it happened to Slater,
and funniest of all because of the sheer level of stupidity required to do it. It is certainly
not a "never play again offence".

His instincts were funny because they were misplaced. An enforcer like Graham would
have been in many fights and he was in no real danger. He thought anything goes in
a grand final, and in a way he was right, because he didn't get sent off. He didn't
bite on some kind of survival instinct though.

Biting is an unwritten rule in Australia, although not hugely seriously in my opinion, unless
you actually take a chunk out of someone that won't grow back. He is a dumb pom
who didn't stop to ask what you can and can't get away with in Australia. Thick as shit doggie
all the way.

I'll bet he is sitting at home wondering what the fuss is all about.

Sums it up perfectly. Like Mini with those high shots, more derp than malicious. Guy had a brain fart, big deal. 4 weeks and move on, he's good for a laugh.

seanoff

Juniors
biting is verboten everywhere. it's way worse than spitting on someone.

bites have a much higher risk of infection than say getting a cut from a punch.

bites on the ear are especially poor because it's cartilage and the ear is difficult to treat because cartilage lacks the blood flow of parts of the body. any infection of the ear is much more difficult to treat than say an infection in your hand.

for me, he can return in mid july. he's lucky i'm not the coach because i'd void his contract for gross misconduct.

Last edited:

Fire

First Grade
Biting is never OK, but there are always exceptions.

You tree-hugging hippies have to remember who he did it too.

It was Billy Slater you bikini wearing, lip-balm applying, cart-wheeling through fairy meadow androtrops.

This is the same guy who

1. Conducted widespread and systematic rorting of the salary cap for five years.
2. Mule kicked someone in the head.
3. Leads with his knees in tackles.
4. Has a tackling technique that makes Kung Fu Panda look like a bad ballerina student.
5. Told someone who suffered from depression to "go to his room and cry".

Graham should've got the Churchill Medal for what he did.

Ears are over-rated anyway you geniuss, just go ask Chopper Reed...

skeepe

Immortal
Some Bulldogs fans don't believe he bit him at all.

Just watching the video again.

In the fairness of a level playing field in the NRL (HA!), remember the Storm/Manly punh up (hmm common factor there in the Storm) .. anyway, Manly had players suspended for rushing in and getting involved.

Why not Billy Slater for a second go?

Reynolds and Waqa have been charged as far as I know..

When Slater gets put on his arse by Stagg, he had the option to walk away. Instead he gets up and heads straight to Graham and attacks him. Why?

The "inferred bite" takes place there (just before the others take him to ground). Slater and a few other Storm players (Smith, Lowe?, and #4) ambush and attack Graham and take him to ground.

Slater is then on the ground under Graham. Billy is last up and touches his ear at that point.

Could the cut to his ear have happened when they all went to ground and got covered by other players? Chances of getting stepped on or copping a stray boot or stud when you are on the ground surrounded by a number of others is much higher imho.

Also nothing to say it didn't happen when Stagg put him on his arse.

I might be getting really picky here, but if Graham's cheek is pushed sideways (squashed), there is no way he could bite Slater as he'd bite the side of his own mouth.

http://www.nospam12.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=98182&page=11

Last edited by a moderator:

Y2Eel

First Grade
I am not sure if you are trolling the stupidity in your argument makes me think you are trying to troll but then you are attacking other posters calling them geniuss making think you are serious.. And if you are serious f**k you are stupid...

Cryptic

Juniors
NRL allow only two(2) official trials to count as part of the suspension. Often clubs organise a third "trial" usually against a QRL or NSWRL team, but this will not count.

Personally I think its a BS rule and only official NRL games should count.

In effect any suspension at finals time is more lenient than one mid season.

If trials don't count you have to let them play in them though, which they shouldn't be allowed to... I've got no issue with trials counting as it still f**ks up their match fitness, etc. There is no perfect system but honestly I think missing trial games would make a coach certainly think twice about putting you straight into a starting side... a 14 week ban from a grand final would mean about six months off footy (offseason + trails + a few rounds) which is massive for a professional athlete to miss, for people fighting to keep a position against younger players coming through that could be the end of them.

Same with internationals, if they don't count then you're getting the advantage of match fitness and practice, not to meantion the pay and fame you don't deserve (for being a biting grub) You can't have a split international bans vs NRL bans as it would mean one spear tackle in an international game could end your entire international playing career. Getting suspended for 12 games could be as much as three years out of the international arena.

Latest posts