What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks should James Graham get?

How many weeks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meth

Staff member
LOL

A bite is bad, and Graham's was as blatant and as bad as they get. But some of you guys are seriously over reacting.

15 games?

A season?

Meth

Staff member
It was just a nibble. Nothing more than foreplay. 2-3 weeks max on benefit of the doubt.

I think the thing about biting, like spitting, is that it is out and out foul- hence the punishment is heavier than the damage the offense inflicts.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It was a blatant bite from Graham. For a moment he looked like a lion munching down on a gazelle's neck.

So i think a reasonable punishment would be anywhere between 9-12 weeks.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
The guy famously refused to shake anyone's hand after a defeat at headingley by leeds a few years ago. Affectionately nicknamed FGB ever since (Fat Ginger B@stard). 10 weeks

Grapple

Bench
I think the thing about biting, like spitting, is that it is out and out foul- hence the punishment is heavier than the damage the offense inflicts.

I think a lot of guys are like that and you never really know until their emotions go overboard and reason takes a back seat.
People get caught up in the middle of the moment in a fight situation. I think you have to take that a little into account. It's not like he did it in a tackle, he was in the side of a brawl and obviously just lost the plot. People do all sorts of s**t in the middle of a brawl with players all over you that's not caught on camera - just ask Adam Blair.

Is it worse than a crusher tackle, or spear tackle that could possibly put someone in hospital? Come on boys, anything goes. ;-)

HowHigh

Coach
Typical bulldogs

He should be given a year suspension...I actually thought he seemed like a decent bloke after hearing interviews in the past

I think a lot of guys are like that and you never really know until their emotions go overboard and reason takes a back seat.
People get caught up in the middle of the moment in a fight situation. I think you have to take that a little into account. It's not like he did it in a tackle, he was in the side of a brawl and obviously just lost the plot. People do all sorts of s**t in the middle of a brawl with players all over you that's not caught on camera - just ask Adam Blair.

Is it worse than a crusher tackle, or spear tackle that could possibly put someone in hospital? Come on boys, anything goes. ;-)

Can understand the spur of the moment argument when two blokes are fighting but the anything goes aspect is BS...

Cliffhanger

Coach
I think you're a f**king moron.

Slater hasn't bit anyone on the ear.

That whole incident was an utter f**k up by the Bulldogs. They scored a try, there was no need for Inu to push Slater, there was no need for Stagg to grab Slater's head the way he did and there was no need for Graham to bite his ear.

The issue with Slater's attempted tackle on Perrett appeared to be done with and nothing more was going to be said about it until Inu's dopey push.

Suspend Graham for 12 weeks. Biting is no different to eye gouging, its a low gutless cowardly merkin of an act and should be dealt with as severely as possible.

Well said.

afinalsin666

First Grade
As an (albeit minor) amputee, it sucks to lose a part of your self. Could have very easily taken some of Billy's ear. F**k him, take him out to pasture. 18+.

Grapple

Bench
Can understand the spur of the moment argument when two blokes are fighting but the anything goes aspect is BS...

It would on the street. You wouldn't suddenly stop and question the fighting ethic of a dude brawling you. I know it's a mongrel tactic on the league field and it's not on the street, but come on, they are in the middle of a brawl.

I think that's the kind of guy he is, and the kind of guy you occasionally get in League.... just a shame those guys always play for our club.

ellskimore

Juniors
It would on the street. You wouldn't suddenly stop and question the fighting ethic of a dude brawling you. I know it's a mongrel tactic on the league field and it's not on the street, but come on, they are in the middle of a brawl.

I think that's the kind of guy he is, and the kind of guy you occasionally get in League.... just a shame those guys always play for our club.

Please stop making any kind of excuse for this. Spur of the moment and heat of the battle are not legitimate causes for downplaying the incident. He will get a lengthy holiday on the sideline and deservedly so.

edabomb

First Grade
He'll only be right to play in ther first twelve rounds if they are played in Memphis.

Black Majik

Juniors
Typically biting allegations are when a player is tackled high and the arm is still in their mouth. I have never seen someone have a full on go at deliberately biting someone before. He deserves 12 weeks but likely get 6-8.

Garts

Bench

:clap: I knew some dope would find a way to try and defend it. Good for you.

Bretto

Bench

:lol: Let's compare street fighting to Rugby League, a professional sport played by men who get payed massive money to do so. What do you think would happen if a fighter in the UFC bit someones ear? They'd have their contract torn up. Dana White fired Paul Daley for throwing a sucker punch at Josh Koscheck after the fight had finished.

This has to be the biggest grub act I've seen in League for a long time.

Grapple

Bench

:lol: Let's compare street fighting to Rugby League, a professional sport played by men who get payed massive money to do so. What do you think would happen if a fighter in the UFC bit someones ear? They'd have their contract torn up. Dana White fired Paul Daley for throwing a sucker punch at Josh Koscheck after the fight had finished.

This has to be the biggest grub act I've seen in League for a long time.

Nah not defending it. I even said it was a mongrel tactic. If you read my posts you'd see that. Just posting a different view... granted it's maybe not on the same lines as "Dirty merkin" or "grub act 15 weeks". :sarcasm:

See this is the problem. People expect these guys to hold to some kind of ethic when some guy is punching them in the face, all because they're a "professional sportsman"? As if it's some "holier than thou" position? F**k that!
The amount of cash you're paid has nothing to do with how you handle yourself in a situation that's ultimately not part of your job description anyway.

Also, there's a slight difference between UFC and rugby league - namely, that one is a fighting sport where it's their job to fight within the allowed guidelines, and the other isn't. :lol: