What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters
Lol that's all. LOL

Boo hoo big bad Gal.

Suck it up princesses.

There's a couple in here sound like they were in bed with Ms Schipper last night. I'd be angry to if I woke up next to that

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Myles was unhurt and unharmed. What are some of youse on? Gallen failed in achieving the solitary aim of his fisticuffery (unless he was hoping to win an amateur style points decision by landing a few soft shots and then ducking out of range).

shaggs

Coach
f**k me there is some whining on here

Who gives a f**k. It's footy. Move on. Players get hit hard. Sometimes legally sometimes not. Sometimes there are fights. They were standing face to face, myles gave him a shove and egged him on and he wore a couple. End

The world is becoming too sanitised, it's ridiculous. Have a look at the miss world in Indonesia. No bikinis for the swimsuit section . Sarongs only. Bikini pageant have been happening since day 1.

Just like fights in footy.

Two guys face to face, no blind side shots, no player pinned to the ground.

If myles wacks gal in game 2, then so be it, bring it on.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm a traditionalist and purist.

Give Gallen a week for the swinging arm.

The fight, meh, call it ugly and all that by it puts bums on seats and thats what matters.

A little dust up now and then is healthy for the game. Once you make it all sterile, people abandon it quickly. Fans want to see some passion in footy, if that means the occasional blue, then so be it.

Don't like it? Go watch Union.

Myles has a very dubious technique, leading with his head. I'm not going to say its intentional because I can't seriously know, but if he continues to do it and not address it, then players and fans are going to assume it is intentional.

It just looks dopey and it's risky to the bloke he's tackling as well as to himself.

Define "traditionalist and purist".

Back in one version of the "good old days" tackling was around the legs and players would get sent-off for fighting.

The mentality of fans these days comes more from the 70s/80s/90s imo. The fighting seems to be more about entertaining the punters than any actual "passion".

If you're expecting players to fight every Origin isn't it all a bit contrived?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
yeah ... wasn't as good as when he punched f**k out of that loud mouth kiwi tosser.

You mean pitter patted his way to another points decision over an unharmed opponent?

Surprisingly Gallen seems to be pretty slick with his fists but has no power.

The Enforcer

Juniors
What Gallen did in Origin 1 was an act of a coward with no sense of responsibility or leadership. I've been a fan of this guy for a while now, but last night his true colours came out. There are kids out there who will believe it is ok do punch people in their game this weekend.

If Russell Packer gets fined 15k for a little piddle in his pants, then i'd suggest Gallen should be fined 150k and suspended for 10 weeks. Enough is enough. When will the authorities take a stand on this sort of thuggish behavior? It's time someone was made an example of.
If Myles is going to give, then he leaves himself open and even he said that it's SOO and punches are part of it.
Either you are being biased towards Packer or the game is just too tough for you to handle.

Someone

Bench
f**king why cry over a fight? it was a good tight game, the ref let the game flow and QLD wasnt good enough on the night. The fight was face to face, ive seen the same thing this year in regular games with no suspension (Mcguire vs Allgood)

Keen for game 2, QLD will be more prepared and keen to flog us (and gallen) on their home turf.

aqua_duck

Coach
If Myles wasn't prepared to walk the walk he shouldn't have squared up, exactly the same as a few years ago when Mason dropped that Pom Stuart Fielden.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Myles was unhurt and unharmed. What are some of youse on? Gallen failed in achieving the solitary aim of his fisticuffery (unless he was hoping to win an amateur style points decision by landing a few soft shots and then ducking out of range).
Gallen didn't like the thug dog, so he punched him in the head a couple of times which means he did achieve his solitary aim.

carcharias

Immortal
You mean pitter patted his way to another points decision over an unharmed opponent?

Surprisingly Gallen seems to be pretty slick with his fists but has no power.

not bad for a bloke who was meant to be out cold.

suck it up .

gallen 2
qld 0
nz 0