What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters

Someone

Bench
The precendent was set when Cronk wasnt given 10 for a plain as day professional foul. dont cry QLD, you've had calls go your way for years and you've sat there all high and mighty and told us to get over it, live by the sword die by the sword.

Gallen should probably get 1-2 weeks for the swinging arm, nothing for the fight.

shaggs

Coach
I loved it. I loved when Geordie put a few on Ben Ross, I loves Kevin tamati and Greg dowling going at it in the tunnel, I loved Ian Roberts punching ten shades out of Garry jack.
I loved Brett white putting one on Ben Ross, I loved Jamie Goddard putting a million on joey johns.

Rugby league has become repetitive and boring. Everyone follows the same plan, with te same robot athletes runnin the same lines. Referees blow their whistle to get on tv. Sure u will say, what about the skills. They would want to have skills, since they train 6-7 days a week for 11 months.

A little straight up biff is good. Blindside dog shots and head high tackles are not.

Give gal a week for the swinging arm and move on.

If myles had laid a few on tamou or if the pillow had slapped Trent merrin would this argument be happening.
I want to see slater and hayne go at it.

Amadaca

Juniors
What Gallen did in Origin 1 was an act of a coward with no sense of responsibility or leadership. I've been a fan of this guy for a while now, but last night his true colours came out. There are kids out there who will believe it is ok do punch people in their game this weekend.

If Russell Packer gets fined 15k for a little piddle in his pants, then i'd suggest Gallen should be fined 150k and suspended for 10 weeks. Enough is enough. When will the authorities take a stand on this sort of thuggish behavior? It's time someone was made an example of.

Worst post in the history of this forum, maybe all forums.

f**k off & watch Soccer, you pussy

BennyV

Referee
Don't boxers keep both hands up for both defence and attack? Only saw one pair of hands in the air in that incident.:roll:

So, just to clarify, as you think Gallen's actions were worth a week if someone does the exact same thing this weekend you'll say the same thing?

FMD, people complaining because Myles didn't have his hands up! Myles get up, pushes Gallen, they square off, did you want Gallen to actually say 'Yo, Nate, I'm about to punch you in your face' before hitting him? It's a footy fight, you clown!

Also having a big LOL at the Courier Mail, sounds like some of the princesses on here!

Amadaca

Juniors
Exactly. If Gallen got sent off, the biff would be safe as he would have been suitable punished for his indiscretion. But I wonder if the refs, having missed their chance at the time and given the inevitable backlash - will be looking to stamp out any chance of this happening again.

While it may please rusted on NSW supporters, parents of kids playing League, sponsors and millions of casual viewers that a showcase like Origin draws will be potentially turned away by it.

Oh, Christ, I knew the poor little kiddies would be wheeled out by a Mrs. Lovejoy at some point.

Im so sick of this shit. Personally, I'm not afraid to say I can't stand children. Loud, obnoxious, ignorant, inconsiderate, & useless. You may say, "Hey, that goes for a lot of adults, too," & fair enough, it might --- but criticising adults doesn't have people crying their eyes out at you & adults don't get free passes for being spastics.

Every time I encounter children, they are a f**king punish. The idea that they would damage the Origin experience Im trying to have in peace & quiet in my own home is enough to send me infanticidal.

Piss off & watch Soccer, you soft c**k.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
FMD, people complaining because Myles didn't have his hands up! Myles get up, pushes Gallen, they square off, did you want Gallen to actually say 'Yo, Nate, I'm about to punch you in your face' before hitting him? It's a footy fight, you clown!

Also having a big LOL at the Courier Mail, sounds like some of the princesses on here!

it would be a noble gesture imo

TheFrog

Coach
I loved it. I loved when Geordie put a few on Ben Ross, I loves Kevin tamati and Greg dowling going at it in the tunnel, I loved Ian Roberts punching ten shades out of Garry jack.
I loved Brett white putting one on Ben Ross, I loved Jamie Goddard putting a million on joey johns.

I'd like to see Ben Ross put a few on you, Shaggs. It was poetic justice that Tallis" club the Broncos finished that season with eight straight losses, the final one at the same ground against the eventual premiers. Tallis should have been sent off and rubbed out for half the season, the Broncos should have lost the game and not even made 8th spot that year.

You, Shaggs might enjoy the WCW wrestling.

I must admit I was disappointed fat head didn't hit the dirt and that Russell Packer wasn't there to relieve himself on his head.

But I guess you can't have everything and justice isn't always fair

Sphagnum

Coach
Did you agree with the ruling Big Pete?

With shrugging it off he was giving a green light to QLD to fire back with no threat of a send off, surprisingly they chose not too.

Bad place for the ref to put himself.

Ummm. Did it ever occur to you canetards that nobody was game to retaliate.

You know your team is a bunch of pussies when 'always third man to anything' Thaiday is nowhere to be seen when one of his forward buddies is getting his face rearranged.

Which one of the whinging princesses is gonna take Gallen on? The only one I can think of in that Dad's army is Nate Myles and we all saw how that turned out.

I can't wait for the get square at Suncorp. Maybe Brent Tate will run in while Gallen is under a pile of maroon shirtlifters and hit him in the head with his walking stick.

10 in the bin OR 2 weeks for the swinging arm. Justice has been served.

RHCP

Bench
I thought it was great. f**k Myles has got a hard head on him (must be why he likes to use it in tackles so much).

Myles pretty much gave it a 'meh' after the game as well. I think that'll be enough to get Gal a slap on the wrist. The judiciary only react to injuries and uproar.

carcharias

Immortal
I must admit I was disappointed fat head didn't hit the dirt and that Russell Packer wasn't there to relieve himself on his head.

But I guess you can't have everything and justice isn't always fair

Went to school with a bloke who while playing aussie rules knocked a bloke out cold then got on his knees and spat into the unconscious dudes mouth.

Needless to say he got in heaps of shyte.

taipan

Referee
I am a Shark's and Gallen fan,but I thought his effort was p*ss weak,and not a good look.That thing went out in 1985.
The ARLC needs to grow some,and lay down the law for the next two SOO.Instigator of punchup sent off,particiapant 10 minutes .Impose heavy fines if necessary.
NSW was all over Qld,Gallen was making good yardage,the punch to the face was crap and unnecessary,especially given all the publcity to street incidents of late.
We are trying to grow the game at grassroots,and this is how you sell it?:crazy::crazy:

Amadaca

Juniors
I am a Shark's and Gallen fan,but I thought his effort was p*ss weak,and not a good look.That thing went out in 1985.
The ARLC needs to grow some,and lay down the law for the next two SOO.Instigator of punchup sent off,particiapant 10 minutes .Impose heavy fines if necessary.
NSW was all over Qld,Gallen was making good yardage,the punch to the face was crap and unnecessary,especially given all the publcity to street incidents of late.
We are trying to grow the game at grassroots,and this is how you sell it?:crazy::crazy:

You should be worried about growing a pair yourself.

How do some of you c**k gobblers look in the mirror & call yourselves men!? If you don't like fighting, Rugby League isn't for you. Try fashion design.