What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters

firechild

First Grade
Probably the same reason we never see you whinging about Matai's long string of grubby acts. :roll:

Possibly one of your most (among many) non-nonsensical posts.

I never made mention of Shillington's lack of suspension until your hypocrisy reared it's head. I didn't (and don't) have an issue with him getting off with origin coming up. I also challenge you to find any comment from me saying Matai should not have been suspended for his high shot a few weeks prior (you will find comment from me about George Burgess being a cat after he lifted his head and then shut his eyes when he saw a fight brewing).

If you're going to make a point about nonsensical posts, at least make a point that makes sense.

Also, does non-nonsensical mean it makes sense? I really wish they started speaking English in Queensland instead of the incoherent dribble they currently teach in schools.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Define "traditionalist and purist".

Back in one version of the "good old days" tackling was around the legs and players would get sent-off for fighting.

The mentality of fans these days comes more from the 70s/80s/90s imo. The fighting seems to be more about entertaining the punters than any actual "passion".

If you're expecting players to fight every Origin isn't it all a bit contrived?
In the first 50 odd years of the game, fighting wasn't a send off offence, and refs were inclined to let the players get it out of their system.

It wasn't a regularly occurring thing either.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I never made mention of Shillington's lack of suspension until your hypocrisy reared it's head. I didn't (and don't) have an issue with him getting off with origin coming up. I also challenge you to find any comment from me saying Matai should not have been suspended for his high shot a few weeks prior (you will find comment from me about George Burgess being a cat after he lifted his head and then shut his eyes when he saw a fight brewing).

If you're going to make a point about nonsensical posts, at least make a point that makes sense.

Way to miss the point. I mentioned that I had no problem with the biff but that Gallen's swinging arm was a bit rough. So in your mind, if I don't make mention of every other grubby act that has occurred on a football field, it is hypocrisy? Not to mention the bizarre attempt at linking something that happened in club football with an act last night.

Admit it, you didn't like Gallen's swinging arm being pointed out as grubby, so you you tried to throw another act into the mix (that I wasn't even aware of TBH) as some form of counterpoint, making absolutely no sense whatsoever to the discussion at hand.

Also, does non-nonsensical mean it makes sense? I really wish they started speaking English in Queensland instead of the incoherent dribble they currently teach in schools.

Typo on a tablet - simple mistake, obviously latched onto by someone with nothing left to grasp. It's awesome to know however, that you still carry that chip on your shoulder.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Ummm. Did it ever occur to you canetards that nobody was game to retaliate.

You know your team is a bunch of pussies when 'always third man to anything' Thaiday is nowhere to be seen when one of his forward buddies is getting his face rearranged.

Which one of the whinging princesses is gonna take Gallen on? The only one I can think of in that Dad's army is Nate Myles and we all saw how that turned out.

I can't wait for the get square at Suncorp. Maybe Brent Tate will run in while Gallen is under a pile of maroon shirtlifters and hit him in the head with his walking stick.

10 in the bin OR 2 weeks for the swinging arm. Justice has been served.

Your probably right, was clear as day that QLD were intimidated by the NSW forwards last night. Not a good look for a SOO team. It's kind of why i expect to see some changes in attitude for game 2 after 3 weeks of being called cowards.

To be honest, there's really no aggression in the QLD side, it's just a great football team that has a coach and captain that try and execute the game plan to perfection and ignore anything that might give away a penalty or distract them from the end result. We've won he last 7 series but we've lost every fight, last night we uncharacteristically lost both.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If Myles wasn't prepared to walk the walk he shouldn't have squared up, exactly the same as a few years ago when Mason dropped that Pom Stuart Fielden.

Mason got lucky that night.

Nothing wrong IMO of two blokes of equal size going toe to toe now and then, as long as it doesn't degenerate into the thuggery we saw in the seventies and eighties. If Myles is too dumb to realise he might get a punch in the head he deserves to get one.

A week for Gallen's swinging arm is fair enough.

Shorty

Staff member
You should be worried about growing a pair yourself.

How do some of you c**k gobblers look in the mirror & call yourselves men!? If you don't like fighting, Rugby League isn't for you. Try fashion design.
Silly me, I thought rugby league actually wasn't about fighting.
So anyone that doesn't agree with mindless violence is less of a man?

firechild

First Grade
Way to miss the point. I mentioned that I had no problem with the biff but that Gallen's swinging arm was a bit rough. So in your mind, if I don't make mention of every other grubby act that has occurred on a football field, it is hypocrisy?

I was comparing a swinging arm to a swinging arm but apples and oranges eh? I wouldn't say the swinging arm was grubby per se, nor would I say Shillington's was (nor Matai's for that matter). I would say all 3 of them were careless. It doesn't matter that Shillington's was in a club game and Gal's was in origin, they both had an origin link in that Shillington's lack of citation allowed him to play origin. They are treated the same way by the MRC (in fact they can justify suspendng Gal for a week or 2 without it affecting origin so that's exactly what they did). The point that you clearly missed was the fact that we didn't hear boo about Shillington (or Cronk for that matter - but that was a dangerous lifting tackle, not a swinging arm) from any Queenslander but when it's a NSW player it's an outrage. I'm not even saying the same doesn't happen the other way but surely even you can see the hypocrisy?

Sphagnum

Coach
Your probably right, was clear as day that QLD were intimidated by the NSW forwards last night. Not a good look for a SOO team. It's kind of why i expect to see some changes in attitude for game 2 after 3 weeks of being called cowards.

To be honest, there's really no aggression in the QLD side, it's just a great football team that has a coach and captain that try and execute the game plan to perfection and ignore anything that might give away a penalty or distract them from the end result. We've won he last 7 series but we've lost every fight, last night we uncharacteristically lost both.

FWIW I think we'll get pumped at Suncorp. This champion QLD team will not take the embarassment lightly. If the Blues want to seriously be considered contenders rather than pretenders, they need to be much better than they were last night.

JT looked like he was about to drop dead in the dressing room after the game.

I still think Cooper Cronk is a myth. Has a good kicking game, that's it. Without Thurston leading the team around the park, Cronk became invisible and very ineffective.

Were they all sick or were NSW really that much more dominant for 65 minutes?

Maroon4life

Juniors
FWIW I think we'll get pumped at Suncorp. This champion QLD team will not take the embarassment lightly. If the Blues want to seriously be considered contenders rather than pretenders, they need to be much better than they were last night.

JT looked like he was about to drop dead in the dressing room after the game.

I still think Cooper Cronk is a myth. Has a good kicking game, that's it. Without Thurston leading the team around the park, Cronk became invisible and very ineffective.

Were they all sick or were NSW really that much more dominant for 65 minutes?

JT in hindsight shouldn't have played. Was a bad call from himself and the coaching staff I'd say.

Cronk is becomming a bit of a myth at origin level, aside from a few plays that could fit on a 30 second highlight reel he's yet to stand up in an origin game. He is a great club player, nobody can deny that but we've seen plenty of people that can't turn transfer that to origin when given a short amount of time with a new coach and teammates.

And honestly, NSW were just that dominant, QLD forwards were terrible but JT & Cronk did themselves no favors either to try and perform behind a losing pack.

Seen this plenty of times though, 1 team gets humiliated then blows them off the park in game 2. Nothing they do in game 2 will make up for such a piss poor effort in game 1 though.

Amadaca

Juniors
Silly me, I thought rugby league actually wasn't about fighting.
So anyone that doesn't agree with mindless violence is less of a man?

It isn't about fighting --- that doesn't mean it isn't an innate by-product of men recklessly throwing themselves into one another. You will never eliminate it --- & thank f**k for that.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
not bad for a bloke who was meant to be out cold.

suck it up .

gallen 2
qld 0
nz 0

lol

I don't care about who "won" the fight between Gallen and Myles or who won last night's exhibition match between Aus/NZ Team 1 and Aus/NZ Team 2.

I was hoping Gallen would beat the Union guy.

Why do all NSW fans at the moment seem to think that anyone who disagrees with them about anything is somehow affiliated with Queensland? Calm down kids, you didn't beat the world last night, just a bunch of blokes loosely affiliated with a nearby state.

saint.nick

Coach
How was it a dog shot? If myles is going to approach gallen and start a push and shove in origin, he'd be an idiot not to expect some punches thrown! Everyone saw it coming except myles and queenslanders.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
In the first 50 odd years of the game, fighting wasn't a send off offence, and refs were inclined to let the players get it out of their system.

It wasn't a regularly occurring thing either.

.....yet people expect a fight every Origin, otherwise the players aren't trying hard enough.

carcharias

Immortal
lol

I don't care about who "won" the fight between Gallen and Myles or who won last night's exhibition match between Aus/NZ Team 1 and Aus/NZ Team 2.

I was hoping Gallen would beat the Union guy.

Why do all NSW fans at the moment seem to think that anyone who disagrees with them about anything is somehow affiliated with Queensland? Calm down kids, you didn't beat the world last night, just a bunch of blokes loosely affiliated with a nearby state.

Well you wish came true .
Gal snotted that kiwi f**k wit ...Myles shit ...that is why he didn't punch back.
Probably knew he had it coming.

StFigJam

Juniors
As for Nate Myles not having his fists up, some people use their fists, Myles uses his head. Seen it in plenty of tackles.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
not gonna pretend that i didn't enjoy it, but gallen should've been binned, plain and simple.
Yep, I agree, whilst I loved the biff, he should have got 10 in the bin.

Hockey are the masters of dealing with fights in a tough contact sport.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I was comparing a swinging arm to a swinging arm but apples and oranges eh? I wouldn't say the swinging arm was grubby per se, nor would I say Shillington's was (nor Matai's for that matter). I would say all 3 of them were careless. It doesn't matter that Shillington's was in a club game and Gal's was in origin, they both had an origin link in that Shillington's lack of citation allowed him to play origin. They are treated the same way by the MRC (in fact they can justify suspendng Gal for a week or 2 without it affecting origin so that's exactly what they did).

As I said, I didn't see the Shillington shot, but it is clear to anyone other than completely biased Blues fans that Gallen's was a deliberate swinging arm with intent, as evidenced by the closed fist.

The point that you clearly missed was the fact that we didn't hear boo about Shillington (or Cronk for that matter - but that was a dangerous lifting tackle, not a swinging arm)from any Queenslander
If you think that tackle from Cronk was anywhere near dangerous (and let's face it, you wouldn't have brought it up if you didn't) you are kidding yourself. We saw several tackles last night that were at a worse angle not even penalised.

but when it's a NSW player it's an outrage. I'm not even saying the same doesn't happen the other way but surely even you can see the hypocrisy?

I hardly think describing Gallen's act last night as "a bit rough" qualifies as outrage. All I'm seeing from you is hyper-sensitivity.

Latest posts