What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters

Amadaca

Juniors

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Mal Meninga's pathetic article whinging about Gallen:

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...ng-to-clap-about/story-fni3fr51-1226660617797

Keeping up the story of poor Nate Myles being a defenceless victim with his hands by his side who was set upon by Gallen. He's obviously trying to fire up his team but it reeks of desperation

Gallen should have just kept his mouth shut. But being the wanker he is he wanted to tell all his mates in the Sydney media what a f**ken hero he was.

Amadaca

Juniors
Gallen should have just kept his mouth shut. But being the wanker he is he wanted to tell all his mates in the Sydney media what a f**ken hero he was.

:lol:

Its not Gallen's fault, in fairness, that this QLD team has no one in it with any balls.

I'm still laughing about Justin Poore's handling of that media darling grub Steve Price after Brett White punched his face in in yet another brawl where a QLDer was owned :lol:

Stop crying.

Tweed Titan

Bench
So is Mal going to write an article about Myles' E Honda esque head butts of Farah last year and Hayne on Wednesday?
EdmondHonda.gif

Or Brent Tate's gutsy punch last year that didn't even concede a penalty (if memory serves).

images

NSW are no saints and I will admit that, but this hypocritical sooking is sad.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
So is Mal going to write an article about Myles' E Honda esque head butts of Farah last year and Hayne on Wednesday?
EdmondHonda.gif

Or Brent Tate's gutsy punch last year that didn't even concede a penalty (if memory serves).

images

NSW are no saints and I will admit that, but this hypocritical sooking is sad.

Well said. I'm not buying into the "Our boys are saints- that other mob are all whiners/ grubs!" mentality generally adopted by each state's News Limited journos, but the uproar over a face to face biff in light of some more recent incidents is a bit rich...

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Believe it or not, I've found myself defending Gallen amongst some of the Victorian morons who have been getting all Helen Lovejoy after Wednesday.

I personally have no issue with a bit of a stink, and if Gallen wants to throw a few then fair enough. The heat of battle will do that.

But his carrying on in the media is pathetic. Myles left it on the field, why couldn't he? The fact is he loves the attention from the Sydney media that fawns over him, and he can't help himself.

That is why he opens himself up to criticism.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Believe it or not, I've found myself defending Gallen amongst some of the Victorian morons who have been getting all Helen Lovejoy after Wednesday. :)lol:)

I personally have no issue with a bit of a stink, and if Gallen wants to throw a few then fair enough. The heat of battle will do that.

But his carrying on in the media is pathetic. Myles left it on the field, why couldn't he? The fact is he loves the attention from the Sydney media that fawns over him, and he can't help himself.

Well said. What happens on tour stays on tour.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Believe it or not, I've found myself defending Gallen amongst some of the Victorian morons who have been getting all Helen Lovejoy after Wednesday.

To be fair, the media have thrown nothing but question after question to Gal about it and he has to respond with something. He's not about to say he just belted him because he doesn't like him so of course he comes out with the PC respect shit.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I actually agree that he shouldn't be talking about it.

Fair enough that he gets questioned all the time about it. But he doesn't have to answer and he's been answering at length.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I actually agree that he shouldn't be talking about it.

Fair enough that he gets questioned all the time about it. But he doesn't have to answer and he's been answering at length.

Exactly, and it is why there has now been a response from the Queensland camp.

If you watch the press conference after the game both the Queensland coach and captain were happy to leave the incident on the field.

But Gallen's' continual pontifications in the media for days afterwards has forced the Queensland camp to make a statement, and rightfully so. Why should Gallen be made to be the hero in all this when he is just as guilty for rough play in his Origin career as Myles has?

Gallen's ego has got the better of him.

Dazzat

First Grade
Had to laugh during today's Footy Show ... after Gallen carried only like a girl about Nate Myles bullying the NSW forwards, they showed a few clips of Fifita in action in the first game.

The last clip showed Fifita slamming his shoulder into Slater's head, while Slater was laying on the ground tackled. Gallen gave a little laugh.

Hypocrite!

_Johnsy

Referee

Straight out of Mal's whinging to the media playbook. I see you only take exception when it's a NSW'elshman doing it. Typical.

If there is no butthurt to this "incident" why do QLD'ers keep replying ? Are they unable to ignore another persons opinion, easy to do when it obviously upsets them so, so, so much.

But Gallen's' continual pontifications in the media for days afterwards has forced the Queensland camp to make a statement, and rightfully so. Why should Gallen be made to be the hero in all this when he is just as guilty for rough play in his Origin career as Myles has?

Gallen's ego has got the better of him.

Maybe he has been asked the same question, over, and over again. QLD are obviously desperate and will try and use anything to paint themselves as being hard done by in an effort to fire themselves up.

I think McDougall was 100% on. QLD were fat & lazy after dining on 7 years of success, it showed in game 1.

Last edited:

Latest posts