What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters

isaiah

Bench
Tallis claimed Myles was being held back while Gallen punched him.
he wasn't talking about the forearm to the over sized cranium.
To which Gallen called ( and rightly so ) bullshit.

Myles copped the forearm and the punches because he was deliberately leading with his massive deformed head.
The tackle on Hayne was almost identical to the one that knocked out Farrah last series.

No ifs no buts.

blues - 1
Qld - 0

Gallen - 1
all Queenslanders... man, women and child - 0

selective memory. ahhhh, you have to love it.

carcharias

Immortal
selective memory. ahhhh, you have to love it.

I must apologize ...I have watched the video again.
Tallis was talking about the swinging arm.
However....nobody else was .
Gallen was responding to Vautins question re the punches.
That is when Tallis piped up and the confusion was created.

still
Gallen 1
every queenslander alive or dead - 0

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Tallis claimed Myles was being held back while Gallen punched him.
he wasn't talking about the forearm to the over sized cranium.
To which Gallen called ( and rightly so ) bullshit.
Tallis was still referring to the swinging forearm that Gallen wouldn't own up to.

Amadaca

Juniors
Tallis was still referring to the swinging forearm that Gallen wouldn't own up to.

Waaaaaaaahhhhh!!!! The Blues play too hard!

LMAO. State full of illiterate, twelve-fingered soft c**ks. Which couldn't even operate without NSW subsidising its miserly existence.

_Johnsy

Referee
...and won't even match 1% of the epic whinging we've all been forced to endure the last 7 years.

The last 2 days has easily surpassed the last 7 series for pure butthurt whinging.

2006-2013
change-pool-pressure-gauge-800x800.jpg

Since 05/06/2013
pressure-gauge-stress-breaking-point.jpg

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
Here's to hoping that origin 2 is one of bloodiest and dirtiest of recent history.
There should be at least one punch on for every ten minutes. If there hasn't been, then the ref should stop the game at the 10 or 20 or 30 etc minute mark pull two numbers out and they get 60sexonds to brawl.

The DT and the greenies and all the self righteous afl fans will love it.

It's footy. Everyone needs to grow a pair and enjoy it for what it is.

Amadaca

Juniors
Here's to hoping that origin 2 is one of bloodiest and dirtiest of recent history.
There should be at least one punch on for every ten minutes. If there hasn't been, then the ref should stop the game at the 10 or 20 or 30 etc minute mark pull two numbers out and they get 60sexonds to brawl.

The DT and the greenies and all the self righteous afl fans will love it.

It's footy. Everyone needs to grow a pair and enjoy it for what it is.

Applause for this.

Sick of hearing people crying about the children. Kids love it, too.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Back on your perch - this is Origin.

I don’t care if Paul Gallen’s action were right or wrong – I’m not that kind of blogger. But the reaction to the punches thrown by Gallen during State of Origin 1 last Wednesday have been uneducated and mostly, ridiculous.

Perhaps it’s just the fallout of new media and the exponential growth of twitter that allows traditional rugby league fans to hear the voices of those who have never seen an origin game, or perhaps a game of NRL. Or perhaps some media types have never forgiven or forgotten Paul Gallen’s murky history with foul play. Perhaps...

But what we are hearing from social commentators is basically this – if you condone the sort of violence perpetuated by the NSW captain against his QLD rival, then you are immoral. Huh? If what Gallen is saying is true, then every footballer will agree with his action. Nate Myles had taken the laws of rugby league and flushed them down the toilet. Nate Myles had gone beyond what is acceptable and Nate Myles deserved a smack in the face.

Leading with the head? Attacking a fellow competitor’s injury? What are watching here, WWE? For those commentators who see a punch thrown or a swinging arm and feel the need to lecture us all about violence in sport and bad examples set for our children, I’ve two things to say to you: 1: go jam yourselves and 2: educate yourself. Where have you been?

The reaction from every Origin explosion has been the same up to this point – it is discussed and replayed ad nauseam but never has one man been vilified by both states. They usually pick sides or simply accept that it is State of Origin. Example – Kurt Gidley being gang bashed by 5 Queenslanders, the punch by Brent Tate on a tied down, defenceless Greg Bird, and then one more tiny little example you may remember – THE 7 MILLION PUNCH UPS THAT HAVE OCCURRED IN ORIGIN OVER THE PAST 33 YEARS!

Am I taking crazy pills!?! What was so different about Gallen’s swinging arm and 3 punch combination to the head of a bully? That it didn’t even seem to hurt Myles? That it seemed unprovoked? I don’t get it. There are reams of footage showing Myles lead with his head in tackles and all you have to have is the basic knowledge of rugby league to see that Myles throws himself at opposition runners a little differently than anyone else.

So why the talk of violence in society? Surely with a bit more investigation, education and common sense, you'll see two sides to the story and perhaps even learn a lesson about how to take on a bully and stand up for yourself. Maybe these social commentators have never watched Origin before, never watched footy in general – perhaps too busy on the internet to play sport... So I assume our marketing is working because they are tuning in. Congratulations to the NRL and both Origin camps for making yourselves available for promotional duties.

Rugby League is the talk of the town and the ratings for Suncorp Stadium’s Origin II will be through the roof.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/index.php/news/show/pulling-no-punches-paul-mitry/

Last edited:

eozsmiles

Bench
I don't even know how he got a grade 2. I think Mcguire got a grade 1 fort hitting a bloke who was being held earlier in the year. Tate got nothing for hitting a bloke who was being held last year. Who gets suspended for punching?

If it wasn't in a SOO game nobody would be talking about it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I don't even know how he got a grade 2. I think Mcguire got a grade 1 fort hitting a bloke who was being held earlier in the year. Tate got nothing for hitting a bloke who was being held last year. Who gets suspended for punching?

Gallen I can understand getting 1 or 2 weeks, but McGuire not getting suspended is a joke.

oval

Juniors
Love the drama, the spectacle, the good and the evil, the controversy, the outrage and indignation, the brutality and the beauty.

Love it.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Gallen was third man into the tackle and got Myles with a swinging arm. Your right play had continued on so he had gotten away with it. Just a shame there wasn't enough time left in the half for QLD to score and make the grub pay for it on the score board.

Im surprised Gallen was able to walk in with a swinging arm, after repeatedly having his knee twisted by Mr Potato Head..... hes been playing grubbily for years in the NRL games as well......whilst I don't like to see any form of foul play, hes had that coming for a while.....and if he tries it again at Suncorp he can expect much of the same....

Joker's Wild

Coach

Gallen got nothing for the punches. The striking charge was for the swinging arm in the tackle

carcharias

Immortal
Haha courier mail?

Hahahahaha

Its Like an adolf hitler owned newspaper writing an anti Jewish article .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Gallen is a hero just for making Queenslanders angry/sad. Anything he does on the field just adds to that..