What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters

Diesel

Referee
Well said Dazzat, Gallen tries too hard to be someone else and is looking like a tool.

Could you imagine how NSW supporters would be going on if Myles did the same thing to Farah and then said he's been shoving his hand in our faces in every single tackle for the last 2 years and I had to make a stand?

Farah is just as much a grub as Myles.

We'd applaud it. It would be the first time in a decade that QLD have shown any passion.

I don't think there's many NSW fans who deny that there's many grub acts and grub players in the NSW team. It only seems to be a QLD trait to think their players are angels when they obviously aren't

I love all this QLD talk, a couple of years they did the same thing and said 'oh fightings acceptable? well look out next game then' and then they did f**kall. The QLD players don't have it in them to throw hands, they know they'd get slapped across the field by the superior NSW

Glen

Bench
Yep. The bloke who was hit,got over it by fulltime, but the bloke who did the hitting is still pissing and moaning.

:lol:
Nate Myles is the only person in the entire state of Queensland who got over it at the time or in the 4 days since. Maybe the rest of them should take a lesson from him

blaza88z

Coach
I love all this QLD talk, a couple of years they did the same thing and said 'oh fightings acceptable? well look out next game then' and then they did f**kall. The QLD players don't have it in them to throw hands, they know they'd get slapped across the field by the superior NSW

Yeah, so superior that they haven't won a damn thing in 7 years.

:lol:

isaiah

Bench
seems ridiculous that the media is talking about the great punch ups from the history of SOO. guys standing toe to toe. but the FACTS are that gallen hit myles with a swinging arm as third man in, myles gets up and pushes him, gallen hits myles flush on the head with both fists, not even marking his head or knocking him down. thats not a fight, that is only one doing the hitting.
I am a bit ashamed of Meninga's Sunday Mail column, though. To say gallen was pre-meditated in going out to do damage to myles for previous grubby acts is a bit sensationalist. we dont need to sell seats for game 2. we could sell out 2 sydney olympic stadiums up here. all gallen has done, instead of retribution, is motivate a team that started slowly in game 1 to come out and compete from the first minute. when qld has 4 or 5 of the best players in the game, you dont want them motivated as well. gallen has sunk his teams already slim chances of stopping the juggernaut.

Snappello

Juniors
seems ridiculous that the media is talking about the great punch ups from the history of SOO. guys standing toe to toe. but the FACTS are that gallen hit myles with a swinging arm as third man in, myles gets up and pushes him, gallen hits myles flush on the head with both fists, not even marking his head or knocking him down. thats not a fight, that is only one doing the hitting.
I am a bit ashamed of Meninga's Sunday Mail column, though. To say gallen was pre-meditated in going out to do damage to myles for previous grubby acts is a bit sensationalist. we dont need to sell seats for game 2. we could sell out 2 sydney olympic stadiums up here. all gallen has done, instead of retribution, is motivate a team that started slowly in game 1 to come out and compete from the first minute. when qld has 4 or 5 of the best players in the game, you dont want them motivated as well. gallen has sunk his teams already slim chances of stopping the juggernaut.

Everything this guy says is right.

Joker's Wild

Coach

I think you are off the mark by a fair way bro

You honestly think that Qld are motivated by Gallens words and actions and not by the fact that they got completely dominated in game 1 and will be looking to avoid that again? Honestly?

What Gal has done here is kept the spotlight on himself and taken it off his teammates. If qld are stupid enough to take the bait and ignore the other 16 blokes out there then theyll get their pants pulled down again

Dazzat

First Grade
Thanks for clarifying why I hate Wally the wanker Lewis. I always thought I despised his fat head, his village people mustache and thw idolatry of a fat gronk that played three decent games a year.

But yeah, if you say otherwise, you must be right.

Queen slanders hate Gallen because he is the Don Bradman of rugby league. And shits gold. And to steal from GKD, he hit one queenslander and made the whole state cry.

I'll respond to this post soon - I just to consult my bogan dictionary.

OK ... I think I've got your post deciphered now.

You've said nothing of any consequence in around 200 words. Congratulations. I trust your intelligent, insightful thoughts reflect those of most NSWers.

Dazzat

First Grade
Well said Dazzat, Gallen tries too hard to be someone else and is looking like a tool.

In that head of his Gallen believes he's manufactured his own Wally Lewis/Mark Geyer moment. He believes he's now a qualified, verified legend of the game because he's stood up to the naughty, bad Queenslander.

Trouble is Mr Gallen, you're the biggest grub in the game with the judiciary record to prove it.

Wally Lewis was no angel, but he didn't resort to the gutter tactics Gallen has made famous.

No wonder the NSW commentators on yesterday's Footy Show looked like stunned mullets as Gallen ranted about his "Origin moment".

Amadaca

Juniors
Thanks for clarifying why I hate Wally the wanker Lewis. I always thought I despised his fat head, his village people mustache and thw idolatry of a fat gronk that played three decent games a year.

But yeah, if you say otherwise, you must be right.

Queen slanders hate Gallen because he is the Don Bradman of rugby league. And shits gold. And to steal from GKD, he hit one queenslander and made the whole state cry.

This. A 1,000, 100,000, 1,000,000 x this.

Lewis is & always wil be the most over-rated player ever to have picked up a ball. In the big games --- Origin, & I would add internationals, he was as great as anyone --- that's being fair.

What's not fair, is that of the many, many tributes we see of Lewis, there is never one damn second devoted to showing footage of --- or even discussing --- his club football. No highlights are ever shown, because they're frankly hard to come by. What separates Lewis from the Pantheon's greatest names is that he couldn't produce his magic week-to-week --- the others all could.

Amadaca

Juniors
I'll respond to this post soon - I just to consult my bogan dictionary.

OK ... I think I've got your post deciphered now.

You've said nothing of any consequence in around 200 words. Congratulations. I trust your intelligent, insightful thoughts reflect those of most NSWers.

"NSWers?" Do you mean NSWmen?

LOL @ anyone calling themselves Dazzat (or being a QLDer) playing the bogan card.

Dazzat

First Grade
This. A 1,000, 100,000, 1,000,000 x this.

Lewis is & always wil be the most over-rated player ever to have picked up a ball. In the big games --- Origin, & I would add internationals, he was as great as anyone --- that's being fair.

What's not fair, is that of the many, many tributes we see of Lewis, there is never one damn second devoted to showing footage of --- or even discussing --- his club football. No highlights are ever shown, because they're frankly hard to come by. What separates Lewis from the Pantheon's greatest names is that he couldn't produce his magic week-to-week --- the others all could.

You are obviously not a student of the game thus you have made a fool of yourself with this rant.

Most of Wally Lewis' career was played in the Brisbane Rugby League competition for Valleys and then Wynnum Manly. He was a VERY dominant player throughout this time, taking his teams to a number of premierships.

The standard of the BRL at that time was behind that of Sydney, but considering at one stage the Australian team was dominated by BRL players, it wasn't a cake walk either.

When he joined the Brisbane Broncos, it is well documented that he did not fit into Wayne Bennett's plans. Looking back one can see clearly what happened - Bennett could see the combination of Langer/Walters was going to be a brilliant. There are still PLENTY of highlights of Wally Lewis in actions from the Broncos - if you look for them which you obviously haven't.

After he was let go for the Broncos, Lewis captained and coached the Gold Coast team which was full of players whose names you wouldn't even recognise today. Lewis was a superstar in a team of nuffies.

So you're whole rant here is fuelled by ignorance. You obviously were not around when Lewis was playing club football, or too young to understand.

Amadaca

Juniors
I see a lot of excuses & one line of complete bullshit (trying to use the BRL to talk Lewis up).

We all know its a golden rule tributes to King Wally do not bring up his club form. Its taboo. Why? Because it tarnishes the point of a tribute.

Dazzat

First Grade
... and that's what made the dominance of Wally Lewis at Origin level all the more sweeter ... the fact that he came from the BRL - a competition that NSWers considered far inferior to their own.

That drove them crazy. How can this bloke called Wally emerge from the "bogan" village of the BRL and make our players look like boys? It was priceless.

Paul Gallen's attempt to walk in Lewis' shoes is funny. Makes me laugh.

isaiah

Bench
You are obviously not a student of the game thus you have made a fool of yourself with this rant.

Most of Wally Lewis' career was played in the Brisbane Rugby League competition for Valleys and then Wynnum Manly. He was a VERY dominant player throughout this time, taking his teams to a number of premierships.

The standard of the BRL at that time was behind that of Sydney, but considering at one stage the Australian team was dominated by BRL players, it wasn't a cake walk either.

When he joined the Brisbane Broncos, it is well documented that he did not fit into Wayne Bennett's plans. Looking back one can see clearly what happened - Bennett could see the combination of Langer/Walters was going to be a brilliant. There are still PLENTY of highlights of Wally Lewis in actions from the Broncos - if you look for them which you obviously haven't.

After he was let go for the Broncos, Lewis captained and coached the Gold Coast team which was full of players whose names you wouldn't even recognise today. Lewis was a superstar in a team of nuffies.

So you're whole rant here is fuelled by ignorance. You obviously were not around when Lewis was playing club football, or too young to understand.
lewis doesn't need to be defended. greatest i've seen in watching 35+ years of this game. just one alteration to your post, might have not won any premierships with valleys, but took them to a lot of preliminary finals.

Latest posts