What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters

Scott

Bench
What Gallen did in Origin 1 was an act of a coward with no sense of responsibility or leadership. I've been a fan of this guy for a while now, but last night his true colours came out. There are kids out there who will believe it is ok do punch people in their game this weekend.

If Russell Packer gets fined 15k for a little piddle in his pants, then i'd suggest Gallen should be fined 150k and suspended for 10 weeks. Enough is enough. When will the authorities take a stand on this sort of thuggish behavior? It's time someone was made an example of.

beave

Coach
:roll::roll:

Oh noes, Gallen threw some punches in an origin game..........

I can't believe the butt hurt over the Gallen/Myles incident. Are we all forgetting the copious amounts of punches that have been traded over the years by both sides? Get the f**k over it, I actually thought out of everyone, Myles handled himself the best in the media after the game.

If there wasn't a fight I would have been disappointed, we all complain that the game is going soft and then complain when there's a good stink............ Muppets.

blaza88z

Coach
Cronk wasn't sin binned because I think there were defenders set on the line to defend the next play

A bit like in Soccer where if a player takes the ball off another player in a clear goal scoring opportunity, he is only given a card if there was noone else behind him and he was the last line of defence

taxidriver

Coach
didn't myles knock out farah with a headbut last year?

he tried it on hayne last night

merkin got what he had coming

gUt

Coach
Swinging arm shot didn't look great, but it wasn't that bad either. 1 week at the absolute max.

As for the follow up - pfft, this is origin. Myles squared him up, kicked things off and Gal responded. If only the Qlders put that sort of fire and effort into the match, we mightn't have had our arses handed to us.

Can't wait for game two.

Exactly. What the refs should or shouldn't have done is another matter.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
This thread is sensational.

Not as sensational as the result of the game, but I've waited a long time for the tables to turn and for the Blues to dominate QLD like they did last night. 8 years is a f**king long time.

But, like anything, waiting makes victory more meaningful.

Eat a dick QLD you shit merkins.

Gallen for PM.

betcats

Referee
This thread is sensational.

Not as sensational as the result of the game, but I've waited a long time for the tables to turn and for the Blues to dominate QLD like they did last night. 8 years is a f**king long time.

But, like anything, waiting makes victory more meaningful.

Eat a dick QLD you shit merkins.

Gallen for PM.

Easily your best post ever.

f**k QLD! Weak merkins is there anyone in your filthy state that can throw a f**king punch?? .

:thumb

Edit: How the dragons going Ronnie?? hahahaha

_Johnsy

Referee
Miccle, BP & gUt are the only 3 QLD'ers seeing it for what it was. Does anyone seriously think it warranted a send off, or even 10 in the bin? If so 7 series wins ave made QLD'ers soft as.

The rest crying like a 6 year old boy who's had his bday present taken of him 10mins after getting it.

MightyBronco

Juniors
One week. I liked it. Hopefully this incident will crank up the violence and intensity.

Best win in 8 years..lol..far from it - the game was pretty dull.

_Johnsy

Referee
f**k QLD! Weak merkins is there anyone in your filthy state that can throw a f**king punch?? .

yeah there is
ipad-art-wide-origin-2009-420x0.jpg

Oh my mistake i thought you said take a punch.

On further assessment, there is one

288853-brent-tate-and-greg-bird.jpg

Bulldog Force

Referee
1 for the hit to the head, 3 for the punches, but they'll rush him back... we all know how the judiciary works when it comes to origin matches!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Can't believe how proud NSWmen are that their boy landed clean shots on a bloke who wasn't protecting himself and they had no effect at all.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It's such bullsh*t. I wish all the soft karmichael's would get over it.

It's been part of the game for over 100 years and really doesn't happen that often anymore. If you don't like it, then you don't have to watch. Make me wonder why they've been watching in the first place if they're so offended by it. It's always been around.

I grew up watching Origin in the 80's/90's and we didn't run out on to the field the next Saturday and start throwing punches at everyone.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
No problems with a few punches, but Gallen is still a wanker, and he throws em like a girl.

He just can't leave shit on the field either. The papers today are littered with his diatribes about the incident.

Just keep your mouth shut fella.

At least someone like Watmough would have had a laugh with Myles about it and knocked a few down with him after the game.

hutch

First Grade
I wonder if the other guy had been purposely leading with his head, twisting knees, rubbing faces into the ground and being the biggest grub/thug for years, and then went after the boy after a tackle has been made.

Muppet! Myles got exactly what he deserved!

bluey

Bench
What Gallen did in Origin 1 was an act of a coward with no sense of responsibility or leadership. I've been a fan of this guy for a while now, but last night his true colours came out. There are kids out there who will believe it is ok do punch people in their game this weekend.

If Russell Packer gets fined 15k for a little piddle in his pants, then i'd suggest Gallen should be fined 150k and suspended for 10 weeks. Enough is enough. When will the authorities take a stand on this sort of thuggish behavior? It's time someone was made an example of.

Grow a pair of balls
Gallen should be Knighted You can now call him Sir Gal

Garbler

Juniors
Finding even NSW supporters voicing their disapproval at Paul Gallen's actions in last night's SOO. A dust up in Origin has often been considered part and parcel of the spectacle, but has Gallen just opened the door now for tighter referring in future games?

Paul Gallen:
1. Swings forearm at opposing players head already being tackled.
2. Throws two more punches at player with his arms down who dares take offense at his swinging arm.
3. Blames questionable offences in past games for actions.
4. Oh and he is the captain of the team

Only time will tell here, but I suspect he has done more damage to his own side by gifting some much needed motivation to a sheepish QLD side.

Thoughts?

Latest posts