What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters

God-King Dean

Immortal
147822042-brent-tate-of-the-maroons-punches-greg-bird-gettyimages.jpg

Only two players come to my mind that play on pure anger - Gallen and Bird. If not controlled, they can explode without warning. None the less, Bird was outstanding.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Funny thing is that none of the QLD players have a problem with it. Just their whiney supporters. I'm half hoping they're looking for a square-up next game.

Shorty

Staff member
Funny thing is that none of the QLD players have a problem with it. Just their whiney supporters. I'm half hoping they're looking for a square-up next game.

No because with fights you leave it at the game, doesn't mean they don't think it was a bullshit call they're just classy in the media unlike Mr Gallen.

Rod

Bench
The only thing I didn't like about it was him bringing up past series to the ref. Should have left it at the fight, which I thought was fine. The punches looked worse because Myles stood there and took it the mong instead of at least putting his hands up.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Past series? Could be wrong but I thought he just pointed out that Myles had been twisting his knee in tackles?

Rod

Bench
I'm pretty sure he said 'he's been doing it for years' or something like that.

EDIT: just watched the video, he said 'series after series.'

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee

That's fine he's an out of form back & a QLD'er.

You cannot compare a punch thrown by an out of form back to a bloke being held on the ground to a punch thrown by an in form forward facing another bloke. FFS

Yeah Queensland certainly can't be painted with that dog merkin brush... Oh wait!

93014445.jpg

51886054.jpg

How many weeks did Tate get again?? Yeah that's right. Piss off and cry into your Fourex ya nuffies :)

Ahhh yes, because an out of form centre is totally comparable to a in form forward who also happens to be the Captain.
Bleeding maroon between his legs all week.

Last edited:

Garbler

Juniors
Not get sent and get a week or two in exchange for assualting someone you don't like, possibly taking them out of the game too (and if they fight back, which they are likely to do in defending themselves, they may also get a few weeks). Not a bad deal. :roll:

Exactly. If Gallen got sent off, the biff would be safe as he would have been suitable punished for his indiscretion. But I wonder if the refs, having missed their chance at the time and given the inevitable backlash - will be looking to stamp out any chance of this happening again.

While it may please rusted on NSW supporters, parents of kids playing League, sponsors and millions of casual viewers that a showcase like Origin draws will be potentially turned away by it.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If only we could harness the power from all the Queensland whinging. It would power the entire earths population for centuries

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
What about an in form forward head butting and jumper punching another in form forward behind held from behind by an out of form back?

Shorty

Staff member
Yes because nsw don't whinge about numerous calls and plays after every maroons win.

Sphagnum

Coach
I remember watching origin as a kid and seeing them punch on all game. It was FAR worse than one little fight per game like it is today.

I didn't turn out to be a serial killer or walk the streets at night looking for a fight. It's part of the game and all the do-gooders saying it's bad for kids/parents etc need to f**k off back to fumbleball with the all the othe piss weak merkins.

Latest posts