What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Many Weeks Will Ricketson Get?

blackfriday

Juniors
yes i did think sergeant was a bit lucky to get away with it but comparitively it was chicken feed compared to hodges.

Azkatro

First Grade
Ricketson blindsided Fien. If the strictness of the judiciary this year have been anything to go by (Bird, Williams, Newton, Ross), and a comparison is rightly made to the Williams incident, Ricketson might have to wait until after Origin next year to lace on a boot again.

Have a look at it. Fien's attention was on Fittler for a very minor scrap the two decided to have. Suddenly Fien feels a forearm across his face - Ricketson hits him from outside Fien's field of vision and fractures his cheekbone.

What else can you say about such a hit? Weak? Cowardly? Gutless? Take your pick.

Why else would it have erupted into such a brawl? The Cowboys didn't take all that lightly to one of their blokes being king hit like that and rightly so.

Azkatro

First Grade
Judge for yourself: (sorry this was an edit)

rickshot.jpg

super_coach

First Grade
if he was from any other side than the gus gould/channel nine city ford rorters--i would say minum 6 weeks max ten-- A cowards shot--no different than danny boy from the storm---but you know what-- he just might get away with it-----but you know what----the rorters will not be putting the behind sence pressure on the nrl,like finch--because ricko is not the play maker--he can be replaced--thats the way the gus rorters work

atomic_crimson

Juniors
strider said:
There was an all-in brawl.

A player was felled and remained on the ground getting attention from the trainer after the brawl.

Yet the video referee was NEVER consulted.....WHY?!?!?!?

that player even played the remaining of the game with a suspected fractured cheek bone...

ricketson just ran in and clobbered the guy...

Corbin

Juniors
he shouldnt get anything!!!!!!! WILLIE MASON DIDNT GET ANYTHING AGAINST THE COWBOYS MATCH!!!!!!!!! it was even in the review..... if willie got away so should ricketson...

atomic_crimson

Juniors
Corbin said:
he shouldnt get anything!!!!!!! WILLIE MASON DIDNT GET ANYTHING AGAINST THE COWBOYS MATCH!!!!!!!!! it was even in the review..... if willie got away so should ricketson...

if you hear the ref in that game he explains why the penalty went against the cowboys...

ricketson however ran up to the guy and laid one on him... he had nothing to do with the altercation....

Azkatro

First Grade
Corbin said:

Are you joking? Mason and Myles were squaring off. Mason got a whack on his chin and Myles went after him to go on with it but it got broken up.

Ricketson hit a much smaller man while he wasn't looking, that's what you generally refer to as a "king hit" if I'm not mistaken. About a billion times worse.

Paullyboy

Coach
He'll get 0, but deserves 10

This is the problem the judiciary has created for itself, it gives Roosters players no punishment for their actions and then they'll start wondering where all this violence is coming from

tiger_nick

Bench
I don't get it, it was just Fien and Fittler then Ricketson throws one. Isn't that an automatic sinbin? And then the touchie goes Hodges ran in a numberof meter's too get involved and nothing happens to him?!

Kiwi

First Grade
He deserves what Williams got, but will get 0.

Fien will get 2 weeks for headbutting Ricketson's swinging arm.

bartman

Immortal
This was unprovoked, unlike Williams, so Ricko deserves same at least (not counting carryover etc points). So 8 weeks plus a couple extra for being a card-carrying member of the Liberal party :evil: :lol:

redVgirl

Juniors
i agree he shoulda been sinbinned...it was an absolute shocker! at least simpkins was consistent throughout the match, letting EVERYONE get away with dodgy stuff. i was suprised at the dirty nature of the game. ricko is way too experienced to be throwing stupid punches....as an older player he should be showing restraint.

i dont get why the video ref is consulted on anything within the in goal but when a huge brawl breaks out the ref leaves it for a few confused touchies to figure out? what the?

Latest posts