What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Many Weeks Will Ricketson Get?

the kirwan kid

Juniors
That Luke Ricketson can't throw a punch. Think about it ... if Danny Williams had mishit the Tigers player (Mark o'Neil?) and the player wasn't knocked out just a little embarrassed would Williams have got the spell on the sideline that he did? Now if Ricketson could throw a punch and put Fien into la la land would he have been on the field?

My point is that both Williams and Ricketson's intent was exactly the same (i.e hitting a player who's not looking at you) only the excution was different (i.e one player can punch, the other can't).

Your thoughts? :x

Matt23

Staff member
Luke Pricketson is a cat, pick on someone your own size nad preferably while they are looking :|

Misanthrope

Staff member
Five bucks says he doesn't get any time on the sidelines anyway. Wouldn't want to ruin Freddy's fairytale.

Misanthrope

Staff member
All that separated Ricketson's hit from Williams' was that he didn't knock the guy out, and the guy's back wasn't turned. The intent was there, and I'll be disappointed (but not surprised) if he doesn't get a lengthy stint on the sideline.

Dragon said:
Roosters defence -

"Like i say, its the tactics of the Cowboys that makes the opposition take cheap shots. I mean, its the cowboys fault that Ricketson could do nothing all game but make a cheap shot. What, your honour, could he have possibly done in that situation? A cheap shot was the only option.

If anyone is guilty of foul play, its the Cowboys. Theyve been doing it all year, weve got lots of video footage.

10 million your honour, 10 million $$ because Ricko sprained, no, dislocated his finger on Fiens cheekbone.

Its only fair. I trust that the judiciary will see things 'our' way..."

Ricko will cop it
But loud mouths your team took out Crock twice
Faqtso Rahihi was running with elbows high
Cowboys started the fracas
In Rickos defence?he was doing what all good footballers do -protecting his captain in saying that he is gone.
Dont be biased cause it was the cowboys tactics to niggle the Roosters .
The bloke rthat got Crock was far worse he should get 12 weeks.

strider

Post Whore
I think Crocker should be getting the Gold Logie this year....his "I've got wobbly legs" acting was superb :clap: :clap: :clap: .....of course he's then 100% healthy less than a minute later - top grade acting there! ....and twice in one game - outstanding stuff!

DJ1

Juniors
It's quite a common tactic of the Roosters to try and take out the opposing teams halfback.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Judging by the Finch case, by the time the Roosters finish with this Fien will be suspended for a vicious chin-butt to the forearm of Ricketson.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
What I found distasetful was Fittler raving on that Fien hit him first. The replay showed Fien at worse put his hand on the side of Fittler's head and gave him a bit of a shove. Then Ricko hits Fien with a haymaker and strikes him flush on the chops.

Anyway Fien's loose teeth are convincing evidence.

Ricko and start planning for next season.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
this thread should be re-titled "how many weeks WONT ricketson get?"

he wont get any. it's like that when the rules are changed to suit your team

I think Ricko will be taking an early holiday which is a shame as he has had a good season and the Roosters will need his experience against the Dogs...

:?

Doesn't look overly good for him I would think...even if Politis, Gould and Mrs Ricko were on the panel, surely they would have to give him 3???