What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Stevo get?

0, dont even think he will get cited, monday not even charged, there was nothing in it Mash was just sloppy with his tackle, any other player bar Marsh game would have continued, because neck injure previos thats what drew penalty, none of the commentators believed it was a penalty

theicemandanno

Juniors
His prior similar offences will kill him...

Will make a 1-2 week holiday into a 4-5 weeker.

Pity, he was a cert for origin 2 (LMAO).

Go Nulla

Bench
theicemandanno said:

Will make a 1-2 week holiday into a 4-5 weeker.

Pity, he was a cert for origin 2 (LMAO).

He was no hope for SOO2..look what Gould did to him last year. I believe that there is nothing in it, but will undoubtably get 3-4 weeks becuase he has been there before for the same thing a few years ago.

theicemandanno

Juniors
Stevens admitted on the field he was in the wrong....CLark told Kimmorley as much.

guaranteed citation.

Fui Fui will get 4-5 weeks minimum, even though your guy fell into the tackle contact was high (will get a careless high tackle rating, boosted by prior offences.)

Go Nulla said:
He was no hope for SOO2..look what Gould did to him last year. I believe that there is nothing in it, but will undoubtably get 3-4 weeks becuase he has been there before for the same thing a few years ago.

He wont even get charged come monday, have a look how many times they looked at replay adn how hard was it to determine, whether as clark said lead with the leg, not raised, to me the action is same in every tackle, must have watched tackle 10 times and still cant even see penalty there

Macca

Coach
Did Marsh's face come into contact with Stevo's knee? Was Stevo's knee rising?

I have no doubt it was not intentional on Stevos part but he has a reputation for lifting his knee.

BTW, Stevo retired from rep footy during city - country apparently.

imasharkie

Coach
They said leading with the knee but it wasn't lifting. Clarke said he would have been sent if it was lifting.

The Popper

Bench
Didn't seem to me to be much in it. I didn't think it warranted a penalty. Just looked bad later because of Marsh's injury. Don't forget he spent a year out with a neck injury previously. Probably redid that. I thought Stevo would be playing the ball, and Parra got a penalty.

theicemandanno

Juniors
Dont you know what LMAO stands for?

Maybe I should have used the word SARCASM in there.

He will be suspended. He led with the knee....he even did it later in the game. His prior similar offences will hurt him, and his admission to Clark on the field that he was in the wrong is the clincher.

tiburon

Juniors
theicemandanno said:
Stevens admitted on the field he was in the wrong....CLark told Kimmorley as much.

guaranteed citation.

Fui Fui will get 4-5 weeks minimum, even though your guy fell into the tackle contact was high (will get a careless high tackle rating, boosted by prior offences.)

I was just under the thinking Stevens said it because he felt guilty for injuring PJ, he dropped off in momentum once that happened.

Yes it sucks that PJ hot injured but there wasn't too much in it like someone else what about the Preston incident from the City/Country game.

The Popper

Bench
Don't forget fellas. We are Cronulla. If the NRL can hurt us they will. Pity in times like this that we're not Manly.

Frenzy.

Immortal
theicemandanno said:

No they won't have any bearing because they have to of been in the previous 2 years of the current offence.

somethingwithjohn said:
has to be 0, bloody marsh fell in his knee, there was no lifting at all.

No there wasn't any lifting. He wasn't penalised for lifting either. He was penalised for leading with the knee. He also admitted to it on field. He's gone.

imasharkie said:
They said leading with the knee but it wasn't lifting. Clarke said he would have been sent if it was lifting.

Correct. Gotta love the referree audio on fox. :)

theicemandanno

Juniors
On a side note, PJ should be ok. He was sitting up in the changerooms, sharing a smile with the others in the lockers. THe medicab was precautionary.

Tahu is gooorn though. Dislocated elbow.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Go Nulla said:

He was no hope anyway. He retired from rep footy during the City/Country camp. He's not available for SOO.