What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much longer will the Raiders endure with David Furner

shear_joy9

Coach
The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole

BREAKING: Drama @RaidersCanberra to come to a head within next 24 hours - expect a press conference with major changes tomorrow #shakeup

morgan has been fired with mcfadden promoted to assistant coach?

furner has banned the players from drinking red powerade as it makes the players act out?

even if the press conference is to announce dave's resignation I won't be happy unless don jr and mcintyre do the same. The club needs more of a shakeup than just changing the head coach.

beefstew

Juniors
I'm not so sure. Do you know someone involved with either club to confirm that was the case?
I was under the impression that he was a bit prickly and didn't see eye to eye with the board(s).

More like he doesn't take attitude from players, and the so called stars (Jones and Hayne) got their noses outa joint, and like
at most clubs, player power wins out over the coach, so bye bye Anderson.

He would be great at the Raiders.

aussies1st

Staff member
Anonymous tweets emerged a day later on Twitter suggesting Furner, who is contracted until the end of the 2014 season, was going to either step down or be asked to step down by the Canberra board on Monday.

Not for the first time this year, Canberra insisted they were standing by their embattled coach.

"It's news to me," Raiders chief executive and David's brother Don Furner told Fairfax of the rumours.

"They (the Raiders) are going to Newcastle (ahead of Saturday's NRL clash against the Knights) a bit early to nut out what they're doing wrong, get away from Canberra and try and get to a camp situation."

Raiders chairman John McIntyre was expected to make a formal comment later on Monday.

Furner's tenure at the club has been under a cloud since the beginning of the season, but has intensified over the past month following the Raiders' slump in form, which has come amid a series of long-term injuries to key players.

They're currently sitting second-last on the ladder with four wins and eight losses.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-of-the-nrl-club/story-fn2mcuj6-1226382758771

legend

Coach
I cannot accept a season ending injury to Campese as an excuse for a 40-0 drubbing (at home). He's been gone for a while now and I expect the players to at least have a dig FFS!

aussies1st

Staff member
It's been used for the past few years now and while they have played a part, the level we have fallen too has gone way beyond just injuries.

bileduct

Coach
Johnny Mac has sent out a statement to all members squashing the rumours and that he is just as disappointed as we are.

I don't get paid to be disappointed, however.

Boganater

Juniors
I cannot accept a season ending injury to Campese as an excuse for a 40-0 drubbing (at home). He's been gone for a while now and I expect the players to at least have a dig FFS!

Exactly, if the effort was there but lacking polish/talent the score line would be a lot closer.
Look at the Dragons, even when they offer little in attack they remain competitive because of sound defense.
It doesn't look like there's a resolution coming any time soon.

legend

Coach
Press conference in underway. Let's see what eventuates. I predict Furner will read out the campsite locations and who is sharing a tent with who this week.

Timbo

Staff member
Lee Gaskin ‏@Lee_Gaskin1 Dave Furner surprised by speculation of offering to stand down, discusses camp with senior players on Sat night #Raiders

-------

I actually feel ill. Seriously, these stupid, stupid men apparently see nothing wrong with what's going on.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
400full.jpg

Latest posts