What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much longer will the Raiders endure with David Furner

aussies1st

Staff member
Interesting piece here as well.

Despite all this, one thing is certain. As the story above highlights, when Furner gets a grip he won't let go.

When I woke up last Monday morning to news of a Tweet that Furner was going to resign, I didn't believe it. Not because I didn't believe his job is under scrutiny, but because Furner isn't a quitter.

I've read some fan forums this week and have seen suggestions Furner should stand down as coach so as not to tarnish his legacy as a champion player.

Those people don't know Furner. He would consider it a bigger blight on his character to quit.

If Furner does leave the job before his contract runs out at the end of 2014, it will be because he's been sacked, no matter what the official press release from the club might say.

Over to the club.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Wow.. That was something..

The bloke is messed up. The best part is him trying to explain why david furner had his contract extended so early.

It's a good read and definately shows why we are constantly the turd in the ocean.

supera

Juniors
that'll do me.

no more membership after this season, no more merchandise, no more money spent on the club while this coach and administration is in place.

if winning records aren't a reflection of ability, and if the last good decision he can point to is Bennett 25 years ago, I can't invest in this team any more.

I'm so disgusted by mcintyre's interview.

the club IS answerable to fans, or at least to its members. apparently they're less important than the old dinosaurs club.

Latest posts