What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much longer will the Raiders endure with David Furner

beefstew

Juniors
You guys have the talent no doubt, but lack a half that can get the most from them, and more importantly a half that the team believes
can lead them to victories....they're playing like a team thats convinced they cant win the comp, so why bother.

Furner might not be the best coach, but he's had his main playmaker and a good chunk of his salary cap injured for how long now, that
said, the Raiders looked to lack any pride in their performance last night, and thats all on the coach.

If Campese cant get through next season, you need to cut him loose.

Cryptic

Juniors
Living in Jerra life time Sharks supporter and current member and feel your pain. Stick might solve your defensive issues thats for sure. His plan with the Rorters, Mighties and also the Blues to some extent is defence based. Nothing you dont already know. So how will he manage your attack if you get him though? Genuine question, what's changed in the past few weeks apart from the Dugan experiment last night? You've been scoring points right?

No idea... We started looking like we wanted to defend for a change (our defence has been shocking the last few weeks) but then just gave up... Our attack in the last few weeks has actually been excellent, we had stupidly low chances due to our terrible defence but still managed to put points on... I think Dugan got the ball too much and didn't do enough/anything with it... Plus the change from best in the league (handling wise) to worst this year (handling wise) killed it for us (OK it was already dead so ran over it a few times?)... Again all pathetic lack of effort mistakes from a team which apparantly doesn't want any supporters... Maybe we just don't have anyone willing to lead out there... Shillington puts in the personal effort but I'm not sure if he communication and vision is up there to be captain.... We need someone who can actually read the game appart from Campo as he is just perminantly injured or recovering from being injured...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
A lot of the talk over at the gh has been on the half time footage. It was terrible.

Dugan sitting by himself looking completely devastated. Just starring off into the distance like he was grieving a close friend.

Furner getting no attention. Just trying to talk to mccrone.

A stack of players just milling around like lost sheep.

The captain sitting by himself with his head down.

Compared to the tigers shed where all the players were around sheens. Ours looked like a hospital where a family has been called in because a dear relative was about to die. It was the strangest half time footage I can remember watching for awhile.

A lot of the talk over at the gh has been on the half time footage. It was terrible.

Dugan sitting by himself looking completely devastated. Just starring off into the distance like he was grieving a close friend.

Furner getting no attention. Just trying to talk to mccrone.

A stack of players just milling around like lost sheep.

The captain sitting by himself with his head down.

Compared to the tigers shed where all the players were around sheens. Ours looked like a hospital where a family has been called in because a dear relative was about to die. It was the strangest half time footage I can remember watching for awhile.

Yeah I commented on it.

To me that was proof DF doesnt have the support of the players anymore.
Complete contrast to the Tigers shed.

There was also a rumour about something is going to happen Monday

Vin Fizz

Bench
No idea... We started looking like we wanted to defend for a change (our defence has been shocking the last few weeks) but then just gave up... Our attack in the last few weeks has actually been excellent, we had stupidly low chances due to our terrible defence but still managed to put points on... I think Dugan got the ball too much and didn't do enough/anything with it... Plus the change from best in the league (handling wise) to worst this year (handling wise) killed it for us (OK it was already dead so ran over it a few times?)... Again all pathetic lack of effort mistakes from a team which apparantly doesn't want any supporters... Maybe we just don't have anyone willing to lead out there... Shillington puts in the personal effort but I'm not sure if he communication and vision is up there to be captain.... We need someone who can actually read the game appart from Campo as he is just perminantly injured or recovering from being injured...

Yeah I didnt think attack had been to much of a problem in the past. Defence was the stand out bit that went abit astray last night. Most teams are using the same kind of attack structures this year from what ive seen at any rate. Originated with Dessies Manly last year runing his back rowers to the line in pairs and decoys (nothing new). Melbourne have that short inside pass from Smith to Cronk then again to Slater through the ruck. Most teams doing that now. Defence is the key. Stcik will help there. Is Fensom a ball player and could he play a 5/8 roll like Birdy does?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Theres an assistant coach looking for a head coaching role by the name of Steve Folkes.

His biggest asset is strength & conditioning. He seems the most blatantly obvious choice.

Rauders will probably end up chasing Elliott again.

Raider_69

Post Whore
And what gives you that idea?

Big rumour around town is Furner will resign tomorrow, im not sure myself

you'd argue that it doesnt get much worse than 40-nil at home, on a saturday night
if he's not going to throw it in on the back of this, he probably wont ever.

Tomorrow could be interesting.

legend

Coach
He also has an emphasis on discipline and doesn't take any shit! He's not one to stroke egos.

Raider_69

Post Whore
he's well know as not being very capable of dealing with poly's
which given the way the game is going... not a good move.

legend

Coach
We don't have many though. dugan and Ferguson could be in a for a shock if Anderson was hired.

For me, it's all pie in the sky stuff as I don't see our disphit coach falling on his sword for the good of the club.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Enough to be a concern, but more concerning is what kind of attitude must a person have to be that offensive to these people? The implication of his dismissals at Parra and the Warriors is he fairly backward in his views on different cultures. Which is not something i endorse.

Look at the U20's
as an NFL fan you'll see our future in their present. The fast twitch muscle fibres commonly found in african americans which make them the norm in the NFL, are also found in aboriginals and poly's, without wanting to sound racist, they will begin to dominate the league going forward. Athletically

Being able to connect and motivate this new breed of athlete is going to be vitally important going forward. Anderson doesnt appear to be able to do that, which is why id pass on him.

Boganater

Juniors
he's well know as not being very capable of dealing with poly's
which given the way the game is going... not a good move.

He got the only 2 NRL teams he has coached to the GF from relatively short stints.
Both of those sides he coached were full of Poly boys, so he got the results regardless.
A lot of the Poly boys he coached played their best footy under him.
Either way he's a better coach than Furner. I would be happy to have him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
you are right
until you consider he essentially got fired on two occasions because he got offside with coloured people due to his attitude

huge huge red flag imo.

Boganater

Juniors
you are right
until you consider he essentially got fired on two occasions because he got offside with coloured people due to his attitude

huge huge red flag imo.

I'm not so sure. Do you know someone involved with either club to confirm that was the case?
I was under the impression that he was a bit prickly and didn't see eye to eye with the board(s).

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole

BREAKING: Drama @RaidersCanberra to come to a head within next 24 hours - expect a press conference with major changes tomorrow #shakeup

Latest posts