What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to fix the Roosters "Juniors" problems

fatshark

Bench
Thankyou Mr australian beurau of statistics ! Dead set you are a goose ! Man that is funny, 80% of people in the eastern suburbs are gay !
MVC-018L.JPG

drake

First Grade
Fishing for bites?

Gunna matter is taking the piss.
Everyone knows the Eastern Suburbs isn't 95% gay.
It's 40% chinese, 35% indonesian and 20% gay. ;-)

I dare say that Rugby will always dominate the private schools, thanks to the old boys network. It's a good theory though.

But I wouldn't really know, I went to a public school that was just sold off for $10 million. :cry:

mightybears

Bench
lots of private schools have a 'problem' with league
the 'we are a rugby school' bullshit denies kids choices

on the north shore of sydney in the late 80's, SCEGS Redlands entered the knockout comp run by the bears but North Sydney Boys High [the school across the road fron bear park that florimo went to] refused to play as they were 'a rugby school' according to the principal at the time!

in brisbane, while rugby is the focus, GPS schools like Nudgee College now enter some RL knockout comps and the ACGS 'churchie' are real big on aussie rules these days, so things can change

mightybears

Bench
roosters junior solution:

why can't they take over/pay for/help develop a big country group like say group 1, it would get them more support in that area if they are funding junior development
play a pre season trial there as well, take over a local leagues club etc

RICHO

Juniors
Hey Timbo,

For someone who's not gay, that photo in your avatar looks a lot like Stuart MacGill!

WHAT'S DOING THERE?!?
#-o

Big Mick

Referee
Timbo said:
I went to Waverley. In my 8 years there, an attempt to create a league team was mad 3 times. The answer every time was 'this is a union school, and we will not play rugby league here'.

I think you will find similar stories at the other schools.

Word to that man.

Remember when a group of our year approached them and told us to bugger off?

That was a bit harsh.

MoJack

Juniors
Here is the undefeated jersey flegg side i will now go through and tell you where each player came from

ROOSTERS

1. Sam PERRETT
2. McConkie TAUASA (penrith)
3. Jermaine ALE (newcastle)
4. Albert HOPOATE (Wests)
5. Michael LETT (Wests)
6. Jamie SOWARD (C) (Canberra)
7. Peter TAYLOR
8. Ray MOUJALLI
9. Heath L'ESTRANGE (Parramatta)
10. Danny WILLIAMS
11. Luke FATNOWNA (QLD)
12. Michael BURNS
13. William TUPOU (Newcastle)

14 James SHILLINGTON (QLD) , 15 Peewee MOKE, 16 Trent CARRUTHERS,
17 Frank WINTERSTEIN, 18 Troy MALCOLM, 19 Luke GORDON

the ones that i have left out i have no idea where they came from but as you can see a massive chunk of the side are not local juniors and have been star players from other clubs

MoJack said:
Here is the undefeated jersey flegg side i will now go through and tell you where each player came from

ROOSTERS

1. Sam PERRETT
2. McConkie TAUASA (penrith)
3. Jermaine ALE (newcastle)
4. Albert HOPOATE (Wests)
5. Michael LETT (Wests)
6. Jamie SOWARD (C) (Canberra)
7. Peter TAYLOR
8. Ray MOUJALLI
9. Heath L'ESTRANGE (Parramatta)
10. Danny WILLIAMS
11. Luke FATNOWNA (QLD)
12. Michael BURNS
13. William TUPOU (Newcastle)

14 James SHILLINGTON (QLD) , 15 Peewee MOKE, 16 Trent CARRUTHERS,
17 Frank WINTERSTEIN, 18 Troy MALCOLM, 19 Luke GORDON

the ones that i have left out i have no idea where they came from but as you can see a massive chunk of the side are not local juniors and have been star players from other clubs

Star players from other clubs - which planet are you from???

those clubs are spitting chips now because they can't develop players and the roosters can

Misanthrope

Staff member
What planet are you from!? Ale and L'Estrange were already quality players when Roosters scouts 'spotted' them.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Union schools are just protecting their interests which I have no problem. What the elite schools of the Eastern Suberbs and the like do is make a student choose between one or the other(league or union)

Some examples:
Oakhill dominated the U16's ISA team. Halfback starter(so I suppose he'd be a hooker in league?), fullback starter and 5/8 back-up. When my team came around to play the Oaks, the whole backline was gonnnnneeee because the school either told them to play union full time or f**k off.

And probably my favourite... Union's hottest prospect Kurtley Beale was a NSW 2's League representive a year ago hailing from Kensington. I'm pretty sure GPS opens aren't allowed to play outside sports.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well at Waverley and a lot of schools there is no choice. You have to play school sport and can only play outside sport if it doesn't clash with school matches/practices. Which is next to impossible.

KFC

Juniors
L'Estrange was told by the Eels he was too small to play so he grabbed an opportunity at Easts.

Booyah

Bench
Kurtley Beale was a NSW 2's League representive a year ago hailing from Kensington. I'm pretty sure GPS opens aren't allowed to play outside sports

They aren't.