What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How well will Brisbane do in 2012 ?

Where will Brisbane finish ?

• 1st-4th

Votes: 22 14.6%
  • 5th-8th

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • 9th-12th

Votes: 48 31.8%
  • 13th-16th

Votes: 10 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Maher

Immortal
While I'd dearly love to see them finish 16th just for the lolz from the Brisbane media and especially the Courier Fail, it ain't going to happen. I reckon they'll still make the 8. A lot will depend on whether Corey Norman or whoever they stick in number 6 steps up to the plate. Hopefully Wallace can step it up a cog or two as well. I've been an admirer of his for a long time, and I hate the NSW selectors for the way they f**ked him (and a number of other young halves) around. The other key will be hooker, whether McCulloch can improve. Fullback is well covered. Hoffman is a gun, and Beale is not a bad stand in if Hoffman gets injured again.

A look at a potential donkeys side shows they're not all that bad on paper:

1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Beale
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. Civoniceva
9. McCulloch
10. Hannant
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday (c)
13. Parker

14. Kenny
15. Glenn
16. Tronc
17. Te'o

Obviously guessing a bit on who'll be on the bench and who'll play 6, but that looks a pretty decent team to me.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
While I'd dearly love to see them finish 16th just for the lolz from the Brisbane media and especially the Courier Fail, it ain't going to happen. I reckon they'll still make the 8. A lot will depend on whether Corey Norman or whoever they stick in number 6 steps up to the plate. Hopefully Wallace can step it up a cog or two as well. I've been an admirer of his for a long time, and I hate the NSW selectors for the way they f**ked him (and a number of other young halves) around. The other key will be hooker, whether McCulloch can improve. Fullback is well covered. Hoffman is a gun, and Beale is not a bad stand in if Hoffman gets injured again.

A look at a potential donkeys side shows they're not all that bad on paper:

1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Beale
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. Civoniceva
9. McCulloch
10. Hannant
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday (c)
13. Parker

14. Kenny
15. Glenn
16. Tronc
17. Te'o

Obviously guessing a bit on who'll be on the bench and who'll play 6, but that looks a pretty decent team to me.

Kenny and Tronc have retired mate.

Glenn will start ahead of Gillett in my opinion.

Anderson and Hala most likely to take the bench with te'o and gillett.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I ain't a Broncos fan, the only things I knew for sure were that Lockyer was gone and 70 Cent had come home.

AuDragon

Juniors
I was one of the most vocal McCullough baggers, but the kid put a fine end of the season together, to the point where he was one of the best hookers out there.
If he can continue the trend, we'll be well served in the 1 and 9 positions with young Baptiste and Beale as backups for Macca and Hoffman.

Wallace will have to be the organiser and I would definitely prefer Corey Norman over Hunt for the simple reason that he is more explosive and more importantly, has a very good kicking game, which is the thing we will miss most in Lockyer's absence.

Last year's games without Lockyer have shown a very capable team, so I expect them to do well enough to get to the 8 comfortably, after having a full pre-season to prepare for life after Lockyer.

1- Hoffman
2- Beale
3- Reed
4- Hodges
5- Yow Yeh
6- Norman
7- Wallace
8- Hannant
9- McCullough
10-Civoneciva
11-Glenn
12-Thaiday
13-Parker

14-Hunt
15-Te'o
16-Gillett
17-McGuire

Anderson, Hala, Lui, Baptiste, Frei, Gagai, Copley, Kahu, Capewell shows we have a fairly balanced depth to cover for the inevitable void during the rep season.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
I was one of the most vocal McCullough baggers, but the kid put a fine end of the season together, to the point where he was one of the best hookers out there.
If he can continue the trend, we'll be well served in the 1 and 9 positions with young Baptiste and Beale as backups for Macca and Hoffman.

Wallace will have to be the organiser and I would definitely prefer Corey Norman over Hunt for the simple reason that he is more explosive and more importantly, has a very good kicking game, which is the thing we will miss most in Lockyer's absence.

Last year's games without Lockyer have shown a very capable team, so I expect them to do well enough to get to the 8 comfortably, after having a full pre-season to prepare for life after Lockyer.

1- Hoffman
2- Beale
3- Reed
4- Hodges
5- Yow Yeh
6- Norman
7- Wallace
8- Hannant
9- McCullough
10-Civoneciva
11-Glenn
12-Thaiday
13-Parker

14-Hunt
15-Te'o
16-Gillett
17-McGuire

Anderson, Hala, Lui, Baptiste, Frei, Gagai, Copley, Kahu, Capewell shows we have a fairly balanced depth to cover for the inevitable void during the rep season.

That is a massive load, he was one of if not the worst hooker for most of the year so when he finally started playing OK people think he was killing it.

Agree with the rest though still see the broncos just missing the 8.

This Year?

Immortal
I think the Broncos will just scrape into the 8. It'd be good if a poll can be done for every team to see the general concensus.

Silent Knight

First Grade
LOL at comparing the Broncos to Souffs. One club has been one of the most dominate sporting teams in the modern era while the other club tries to flog off $5 copies of a crap book full of drivel about past rivalries and 20 war time premierships that no one (apart from the deluded) gives a crap about.

I'll tip the Broncos to finish anywhere between 5th and 8th. They won't really contend with the heavyweight teams like Manly, Melbourne, Tigers and the Warriors. But they are a proud club and Griffin is a good coach. I don't think they will be a contender in the finals series though because they simply lack class in the key halves positions.

NAS

Juniors
Brisbane will have the same season that the roosters had in 2005. They are too good to have the Johnsless Newcastle season, but the reality is that replacing a champion is the hardest thing in any sport, especially when there isn't one that is ready made....

Brisbane have always had great succession plans but this time it was destroyed when Karmichael Hunt crossed codes....

sputneek

Juniors
tumblr_ls59qr9Yar1qcqjlf.jpg

In competition with the Canterbrisbane Bulldogs

blaza88z

Coach
TBH not much difference between them and Souths. Both have some damn good players, both have big question marks over the halves, Souths have a better Hooker, Brisbane probably better in the halves at this point but hardly stars in those positions. Will be interesting how the respective sides and coaches go.

get f**ked

what'd half the brisbane pack sleep with your mother?

david36

Juniors
Wooden spoon is on the way to brisbane i think in 2012, Slowly over the years the broncos have been loosing all there big name players, With lockyer gone i just don't think Wallace will cut the mustard.

dogslife

Coach
Depends how well Wallace and Mccullough step up. Mccullough showed signs of improvement late in the year, but to be fair he wasn't much chop before that. Wallace struggled withouth Lockyer, so his success will depend mostly on the success outside him. Still got one of the best packs in the comp. Won't get close to top 4 I reckon. Wouldn't surprise me to see them scrape into the 8 though

broncos2010

Juniors
Oh hello guys :D

Here is what I think

1- Hoffman
2- Beale
3- Reed
4- Hodges
5- Yow Yeh
6- Norman
7- Wallace
8- Hannant
9- McCullough
10-Civoneciva
11-Glenn
12-Thaiday
13-Parker

14-Hunt
15-Te'o
16-Gillett
17-McGuire

I think the forward pack we have is the most dominant pack in the comp and just shows when you have a guy like gillett most likely on the bench when he would be a walk in starter in most other teams.

The outside backs are well covered as well in jack reed great young player with Hodges if not the best center in the comp when fit with Hoffman a great young full back and Yow Yeh aus international and Beale great young players.

If you look at it 1-5 we have a full international backline , had hoffman not been injured he would have played for nz I think.

There is only one weakness in this team and that is the halves pairing.Many times we have seen that wallace is not a leading play maker he is a good tackler and that's about it , that is the real issue as you can have the best backs and forwards in the comp but if you dont have the spine its all useless so that is what I am worrying about as 6,7 and 9 are very weak I would think.

Canard

Immortal
Remember a couple of years ago every time Origin came up there was a "rumour" that McCollough would get picked from QLD cup to play Origin.

Latest posts