What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How well will Cronulla do in 2012 ?

Where will the Sharks finish in 2012 ?

• 1st-4th

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • 5th-8th

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • 9th-12th

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • 13th-16th

Votes: 39 30.2%

• Total voters

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Won't make the 8. Carney is good when he's not pissed or getting inked up. Its not often he's not doing either or both though.

Their packs good.

Their fullbacks good.

Their three quarter line and depth is more depressing than a come down from a 30 day binge (with Todd Carney)

newman

First Grade
Won't make the 8. Carney is good when he's not pissed or getting inked up. Its not often he's not doing either or both though.

Their packs good.

Their fullbacks good.

Their three quarter line and depth is more depressing than a come down from a 30 day binge (with Todd Carney)

Pretty fair assesment but I would add to that "Their halves are good". Please do the same for St Merge.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Pretty fair assesment but I would add to that "Their halves are good". Please do the same for St Merge.

One of their halves is good. Other has def potential.

Saints -

Forwards were shown up last year. Lack mongrel. Need one the new mob to make a name for his self.

Backs are still good 1 through 5. Some changes obviously at 1 & 3, but I believe they have the talent available to fill it.

Halves fortunes are directly linked to the forwards. Hornby can do his job. Soward needs a good year. It will be all over for him if he goes through a rough patch and spit the dummy. Kyle Stanley (IMO)is already the best 6 at the club and is a lay down rep player should he avoid injury.

Saints supporter in me says dark horse if we can get a couple of things clicking. The squad is deep enough and has premiership and rep experience across the park. AND.... our coach has a perfect record.

Premiership.

Nah. Fighting for the 4 at best. 5th to 8th realistically. Back in the pack if the forwards don;t step up.

There's always that 2010 Victory Pack to lift the spirits though. My feeling is a rebuild this year, active in the player market, consolidate next year and be in the mix, then back in the elite group in 2014.

Or, the world will end on December 21st and I'll die a happy and contented man.

PS - You wouldn't be interested in giving us Jezza back, would you?

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see the Sharks finishing 9th-10th, but only one win from the 8.

2013 poses to be the return of the Sharks to finals footy.

Redback71

First Grade
douglas, snowden major losses. albert kelly could be anything if he performs. carney has a lot to prove just like 2years ago and he will. maybe even getting his 2nd daley M.

for me the sharks to finish 11th or 10th but I can see them go as far as 5th

eozsmiles

Bench
I would've voted 5-12 if it was an option. They could be anywhere bar the top 4. I think they have covered ok for losing the two props and the last time Carney was going ok his team made the GF. If the spine show up they will go ok because we know the pack will pull its weight. Wouldn't surprise me to see them make the top 8 but it could all go so pear shaped so quickly. I ended up voting 9-12.

The Sharks will do well next year, definitely top 6 if injuries are kind to them, but if they win the premiership in 2012 then the world is definitely coming to an end haha

I reckon they'll play finals.

De Gois is a solid player and apparently loves playing for the Snorks.

I can see them finally building up some comraderie trying to prove some people wrong.

5th - 8th and straight out in the finals.

The tea leaves also show that on the back of a decent season for the Snorks this year, Greg Bird will return to Shire and Gal and every Snorks fan on this board will drop their collective goo.

DIMEAST

Juniors
I reckon they'll just miss the 8 but I hope I'm wrong and they make it in would be cool to see and they're fans deserve it lol. Depends if Carney fires I guess

Card Shark

Immortal
I reckon they'll play finals.

De Gois is a solid player and apparently loves playing for the Snorks.

I can see them finally building up some comraderie trying to prove some people wrong.

5th - 8th and straight out in the finals.

The tea leaves also show that on the back of a decent season for the Snorks this year, Greg Bird will return to Shire and Gal and every Snorks fan on this board will drop their collective goo.

If Birdy comes back, we can then let go of Pom. He's taken the place of Gals "buddy" since Birdy left. :)

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
They still need fuggin centres.

Harold doesn't even look like coming home to turn that porch light off until they get something that resembles class in the fuggin centres.