What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How well will Cronulla do in 2012 ?

Where will the Sharks finish in 2012 ?

• 1st-4th

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • 5th-8th

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • 9th-12th

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • 13th-16th

Votes: 39 30.2%

• Total voters

Ausguy

Coach
f**k... i never said he'd be our saviour...

the point im making is out of all our signing, including carney, degois will have the biggest improvement from a team point of view, he is a real hooker. sure carney is a real half but we had many option sin halves, hooker was still a weakness IMO.

I will finish with this....

the 2012 sharks team is the best team i have seen on paper for them for many many years, they wond do worse than the previous 2 years, lets wait and see.

newman

First Grade
Sharks lack a quality centre ....... Why not try Kelly there?

Given that he's not really a first choice half or FB at the moment, I don't know why he's not considered at centre. He's got plenty of pace and being a playmaker, he'd know how to use his winger ... Anything is better than Pomeroy tbh.

Sharks will come 8th, I reckon.

I am totally in favour of a Kelly/ Trimmed down Tagatese centre pairing.

Unless De Gois transforms into a completely different player than he has been the last couple of years, him being a saviour is not going to happen.

He's alright.

Hes markedly better than Aiton and Flanagan and thats what matters. Apart from Ausguy who said he will be a better signing than TC no-one is claiming he is any kind of superstar. Sharks supporters have fond memories of DeGois, last time he played hooker for us we came equal first (the only good season in the last 10 years). Im pleased he is back, but hes nowhere near the class of Smith/Farah/Ennis/Ballin etc.

Lambretta

First Grade
^^didn't look too deteriorated the other day when I stood right next to him in the line at woolies.

I hope you were doing the standing, while he was pushing his way to the front of the queue, ripping the heads of the people in front of him whilst screaming "I'm a Rugby League player, let me out of here"

Anything less and Sharks for the spoon

carcharias

Immortal
well ...he looked very fit imo.

no deterioration from what I could tell....of course people on here who have less idea than me will challenge my observation.
no walking sticks or pronounced limp FTR.

So, as I suggested, he is probably healthy enough to put the work in.
"Work in", being pre season training.

Eion

First Grade
5th - 8th.
Dougie > Gibbs (but not by a huge margin)
Ross / Fifita > Snowie (not if fit but based on his injury plagued 2011)
Carney > any half at cronulla since Barry Russell
Degwah > Aiton. Morris is still there and can fill a bench or backup role.

Yes our centres are still sh!t.

Johns Magic

Referee
well ...he looked very fit imo.

no deterioration from what I could tell....of course people on here who have less idea than me will challenge my observation.
no walking sticks or pronounced limp FTR.

So, as I suggested, he is probably healthy enough to put the work in.
"Work in", being pre season training.

I saw him at the shops in Engadine a couple of weeks back, he did look fit.

Hopefully he can become the player he promised to be a few years ago for you guys.

boxhead

First Grade
I want them to make the top eight, and they definitely can.
I think they will just miss it though, but only because there are too many sides that you can't see missing the top eight.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think Carney was a great pick-up but I think the loss of 2 quality props in Snowden and Douglas outweighs it. Carney will be useless against a pack that isn't going forward.

I don't think Bryce Gibbs is worth a pinch of sh*t TBH.

Last edited:

2010Dragons

Bench
Sharks have one fin on the spoon and the other fin grasping for 15th position on the 2012 ladder.....carney is an overrated drunk.

newman

First Grade
Gee the dragons are shaping up well for 2012 eh? No Gaz, No Boyd, No Benny and you still have that f**kwit Soward.

Special K

Coach
I think Carney was a great pick-up but I think the loss of 2 quality props in Snowden and Douglas outweighs it. Carney will be useless against a pack that isn't going forward.

I don't think Bryce Gibbs is worth a pinch of sh*t TBH.
You do not think a pack that has Gallen, Fifita, Jeremy Smith, Tupou, Tagataese and Ross will go forward?

I really believe our pack has got better.

2011 round 1
8. Kade Snowden 9. John Morris 10. Luke Douglas 11. Jeremy Smith 12. Anthony Tupou 13. Paul Gallen (capt). Interchange: 14. Josh Cordoba 15. Broderick Wright 16. Paul Aiton 17. Jayson Bukuya

2012 round 1
8. Gibbs 9. De Gois 10. Ross 11. Smith 12. Bukuya 13. Gallen 14. Fifita 15. Tagataese 16. Tupou 17. Morris

Our bench has much improved and the quality drop off from when the starting props go off won't be as much as last year. Plus Snowden was injured for most of last year and Douglas while a better player doesn't offer much different to an inform Gibbs.

newman

First Grade
As I said earlier on Snowden is badly injured and a liability to any club he is at. I heard that from the Sharks physio. We dodged a bullet there so our only real loss is Douglas who is a like for like swap for Ross/Gibbs.