What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How well will Cronulla do in 2012 ?

Where will the Sharks finish in 2012 ?

• 1st-4th

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • 5th-8th

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • 9th-12th

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • 13th-16th

Votes: 39 30.2%

• Total voters

Lambretta

First Grade
If Wade Graham plays Lock and Carney plays five eighth, the Sharks could have a bit of the Roosters 2010 about them.

Now I'm not saying they'll make the Grand Final, but if they can find a stabiliser at half back (they have a couple of those) to compliment Carney's ability to play off the cuff and they could be alot more creative.

Wade will offer a third point of attack in the way that Anasta did for the Roosters - I'm not comparing abilities, but having that balance in creative positions could be a key factor.

With De Gois back in dummy half, it will be interesting to see if they use him for the full 80 or bring someone else off the bench in a utility role.

Albert Kelly has to be in the mix somewhere and he is a talent, of that there's no denying. But where to play him? I wouldnt be surprised if they give him a crack off the bench and rotate him into a free roaming role at the back end of each half when forwards tire. He could be a real spark for the team. They could even play him at full back in attack and Gardner there when they defend with Kelly swapping with Gardner from the wing, depending which direction they're going in. Having those two on the field at the same time with Carney feeding them passes could really give the Sharks attacking spark.

Everything will rest on them finding combinations that work in their halves, Carney fitting in and not having a sook and avoiding injuries to their pack. They could honestly finish anywhere from 6th to 16th. I'm going to predict closer to 6th than 16th.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I predict Paul and Jeremy will hurt merkins.

Hope rest do well.

The Pom may find hands, with a friend.

I would suggest Stuart would have a keen interest in Cronulla this year.

RWB

Bench
Said it all along degois is a bigger signing than TC

He will prove to be our best buy.

How so?

Even if he gets his attack together there's still the massive problem with his defence, I mean just a quick look at his stats this year...

RD 1, 21 tackles, 4 missed
RD 5, 20 tackles, 3 missed
RD 11, 26 tackles, 5 missed
RD 12, 35 tackles, 1 missed
RD 13, 36 tackles, 5 missed
RD 15, 35 tackles, 4 missed
RD 16, 35 tackles, 6 missed
RD 19, 31 tackles, 1 missed
RD 20, 40 tackles, 3 missed
RD 21, 30 tackles, 2 missed
RD 22, 12 tackles, 3 missed
RD 23, 32 tackles, 11 missed
RD 24, 45 tackles, 5 missed
RD 25, 23 tackles, 6 missed
RD 26, 29 tackles, 6 missed

Dummy Half is arguably one of if not the the most crucial defensive positions on the field. I don't think he's a bad signing, he'll offer impact off the bench but I certainly wouldn't be starting him and I certainly don't think he'll be your best signing.

Ausguy

Coach
How so?

Even if he gets his attack together there's still the massive problem with his defence, I mean just a quick look at his stats this year...

Dummy Half is arguably one of if not the the most crucial defensive positions on the field. I don't think he's a bad signing, he'll offer impact off the bench but I certainly wouldn't be starting him and I certainly don't think he'll be your best signing.

Wow talk about going to alot of effort to oppose me...

im right.

carcharias

Immortal
looks like he got a talking to after rnd 23.

can someone with waaayyyy too much time post some missed tackle stats for other hookers.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Sharks lack a quality centre ....... Why not try Kelly there?

Given that he's not really a first choice half or FB at the moment, I don't know why he's not considered at centre. He's got plenty of pace and being a playmaker, he'd know how to use his winger ... Anything is better than Pomeroy tbh.

Sharks will come 8th, I reckon.

carcharias

Immortal
Sharks lack a quality centre ....... Why not try Kelly there?

Given that he's not really a first choice half or FB at the moment, I don't know why he's not considered at centre. He's got plenty of pace and being a playmaker, he'd know how to use his winger ... Anything is better than Pomeroy tbh.

Sharks will come 8th, I reckon.

I am pretty sure I read where he played at centre throughout his junior days.

couldn't be any worse than when he impersonated a fullback.
...then again.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
How so?

Knights player of the year in 2009. Then he's had 2 injury plagued years in 2010 and 2011, which has unfortunately effected his game.

About the tackles, a lot of them are from charging out of the line trying to smash someone and them bouncing off. He doesn't always make the tackle when he does it, but that usually slows them down for another forward to finish the tackle. But you're right that defence is one of his weaknesses, but to be fair, the defensive structure that's been set since Stone took over has been pretty dodgy. The sharks seem to have had defence down pat for a while now, so he'll probably get a bit more help in the tackle.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
De Gois has always been sus defensively, it's just become a bigger issue as his body has deteriorated.

I think his days are numbered & the Sharks have bought somebody who's been used all up as a starting first grade hooker.

Still better than Flanagan & Aiton though.

carcharias

Immortal
^^
hahaaha

didn't look too deteriorated the other day when I stood right next to him in the line at woolies.

If anything.. he looked as fit as all f**k.

He must be ok to put the work in .

Big Pete

Referee
^^
hahaaha

didn't look too deteriorated the other day when I stood right next to him in the line at woolies.

I suppose going to Woolies is as tough as 24 weeks of Rugby League...

betcats

Referee
^^
hahaaha

He was at woolies? Standing up???

In that case dally m hooker of year.

Johns Magic

Referee
Unless De Gois transforms into a completely different player than he has been the last couple of years, him being a saviour is not going to happen.

He's alright.