What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How well will Cronulla do in 2012 ?

Where will the Sharks finish in 2012 ?

• 1st-4th

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • 5th-8th

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • 9th-12th

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • 13th-16th

Votes: 39 30.2%

• Total voters

coolumsharkie

Referee
1st - 4th Get ya fkn money on it. The team will fire on all cylinders this year and it will be a pleasure to see the Drongo's come last beside the cheating Storm.

.|.

Spot On

Coach
Am I the only one who doesn't rate De Gois that highly? I thought John Morris was great last season, and has always been a good dummy half just never got the opportunity to make it his own. De Gois is a massive liability in defence.

Carney's stellar season in 2010 had two important ingredients to it that often go unrecognised a good organising halfback and a good game plan. Cronulla don't have a halfback with the organisational skills or quality of Pearce but they've got a better pack than he played behind in 2010 so that kind of discounts that. Which leaves just the game plan... good luck Flannagan.

I'm tipping 4-8th if Flannagan can come up with the goods.

No you're not. However the bloke was injured a lot the past two seasons so maybe that's the reason for his poor form. If he plays as he did in R26 last year v Souths where he absolutely tore them apart then the Sharks should do well considering the pack and halves they have. However, I can not believe Ben Pommeroy is STILL running around for them. The centres and possibly the finishers are definitely a weak point.

newman

First Grade
I expect the Sharks to be much improved on the last 3 years. Much improved.

When the club gets news in late March early April that the development is up and going I think you will see a real cultural shift. Dont underestimate the value of amazing, fantastic news, The players will no longer feel solely responsible for the survival of the club (being constantly told that "the only foil for survival is bums on seats, and nobody wants to see a loser" does weigh heavily), the shackles will come off so to speak and we will see a different, freer Sharks. Helps too that we have signed some pretty good players over the last 12 months.

The only loss for mine is Douglas and he has been adequately replaced by Gibbs. I can tell you now that Kade Snowdens neck is rooted and he requires serious management just to get on the park each week. His superstar status was also cemented when Ricky Stuart pushed for his inclusion in 2010 origin 3 knowing full well Cronulla had to pay a hefty sum in bonuses as a parting shot to the club he by then despised. That had little to do with form but all of a sudden Kade was a superstar, even though he played average. The club definitely feels they dodged a bullet by losing him.

So in terms of regular first graders we lost Douglas, Aiton (big deal) and Snowden (big deal, see above).

We have picked up Ross and Robson who have both played in Grand Finals. Carney who Im told is happy, training very well and excited (and keeping the booze relatively under control). On his day he can be the best in the game. Tagatese was a late season pick up has been unreal. And we have some very promising young players in Fifita, Tafua and Feki. De Gois is an adequate rake and far better than Aiton.

So with some of the best recruitment in the NRL you also have Gallen in the prime of his career, Jeremy Smith, Anthony Tupou and the very impressive Wade Graham. Nathan Gardner had a shocker last year, no doubt, but he was injured for much of the year and was trying to save an unravelling rabble.

The real weakness is in the outside backs 2-5, but hopefully this is where Todd can help, a bit of good service can make average guys look pretty damn good. No team is perfect across the park and I would rather have shitty wingers than shitty props.

6th.

RUBIKS

Juniors
He is the safest coach in the nrl... we wont pay anyone out.

Why would they have to pay anyone out? He is only contracted for 2012...

Plus if this development goes through, the Sharks could, if they so choose, afford a coach with a bit of a better track record.

As For Carney, I think if Wade plays Lock and Townsend/Robson plays Half then he should have all the support he needs to play his own "x-factor" game.

RWB - De Gois is thumbs up. Newcastle's player of the year in 2009, then injured for the rest of his contract. Morris is still around, a rotation of him and De Gois seems pretty solid.

sputneek

Juniors
You've gotta have rocks in your head if you think Kelly, Robson, Towsend or Morris is better than Pearce.

RWB

Bench
RWB - De Gois is thumbs up. Newcastle's player of the year in 2009, then injured for the rest of his contract. Morris is still around, a rotation of him and De Gois seems pretty solid.

Injuries might explain his inconsistent performances but it doesn't explain his consistently poor defence. I'd be playing him as an impact player off the bench. I thought Morris was awesome for you guys last season, gave you a lot more structure and took a lot of the defensive workload off guys like Gallen.

Spot On

Coach
Injuries might explain his inconsistent performances but it doesn't explain his consistently poor defence. I'd be playing him as an impact player off the bench. I thought Morris was awesome for you guys last season, gave you a lot more structure and took a lot of the defensive workload off guys like Gallen.

This is very true.

If De Gois has a good season he could be the difference between last and the fringe of the 8. This guy has alot to offer

BigBadWilly

Juniors
Anyone that doesn't rate the sharks spine seriously needs to have their heads read if they leave Morris out and put kelly on the bench then they have the potential to shred most teams in the NRL.

You then have Gallen leading the pack and not having to be a playmaker or organise the team anymore he can pick his time when to indulge a little, he alone creates havoc when he plays this way.

With Kelly out last year you only had to shut down Gardner Graham Smith and Gallen to beat the sharks in the 2011 season this year looks like there is a number of players opposing teams are going to have to be very careful of it doesn't look to be an easy task if they start firing.

I picked them at 13th last year I believed they were one player out of the eight but adding carney to the mix this year with degois and some forwards with shit to prove led by Gallen and Smith a young pacy spine with halves that can actually pass the ball I say they will make the eight wouldn't even be surprised if they come in around 5-6.

sputneek

Juniors
Anyone that doesn't rate the sharks spine seriously needs to have their heads read if they leave Morris out and put kelly on the bench then they have the potential to shred most teams in the NRL.

You then have Gallen leading the pack and not having to be a playmaker or organise the team anymore he can pick his time when to indulge a little, he alone creates havoc when he plays this way.

With Kelly out last year you only had to shut down Gardner Graham Smith and Gallen to beat the sharks in the 2011 season this year looks like there is a number of players opposing teams are going to have to be very careful of it doesn't look to be an easy task if they start firing.

I picked them at 13th last year I believed they were one player out of the eight but adding carney to the mix this year with degois and some forwards with shit to prove led by Gallen and Smith a young pacy spine with halves that can actually pass the ball I say they will make the eight wouldn't even be surprised if they come in around 5-6.

:lol: Shred most teams? Bahahahaha you're the new South Sydney. Gallen was never a playmaker and I don't see him causing 'havoc' when he plays for NSW or Australia with the best spines. He's a hard working forward not a second 5/8.

BigBadWilly

Juniors
:lol: Shred most teams? Bahahahaha you're the new South Sydney. Gallen was never a playmaker and I don't see him causing 'havoc' when he plays for NSW or Australia with the best spines. He's a hard working forward not a second 5/8.

When they had Kelly on the field they tore a few teams a new asshole one of them was the premiers as well something the roosters couldn't do if the tried lol.

ok gallen touched the ball every bloody set of six from the games I watched and seemed to be calling all the shots so if you dont call him a playmaker what do you call him in that regard I am not saying he is good at it at all what I am saying if he stands back and injects himself when needed he can cause serious problems for opposing teams?

As for NSW and Australian teams whats that got to do with club footy?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
5th -8th

Carney will do well for them and there were glimpses of form last year that Flanagan can build on.

Up Up Cronulla

sputneek

Juniors
When they had Kelly on the field they tore a few teams a new asshole one of them was the premiers as well something the roosters couldn't do if the tried lol.

ok gallen touched the ball every bloody set of six from the games I watched and seemed to be calling all the shots so if you dont call him a playmaker what do you call him in that regard I am not saying he is good at it at all what I am saying if he stands back and injects himself when needed he can cause serious problems for opposing teams?

As for NSW and Australian teams whats that got to do with club footy?

Roosters beat the Dragons actually :lol: soooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Sounds more a captain than a playmaker to me. And you said that Gallen can cause havoc now he has a decent spine. I said that he's been on teams with much better spines than Cronulla will have (NSW and Australia) and he still doesn't cause havoc. He's a worker and I'd love to have him on my team but you make him seem like a Sonny Bill.

BigBadWilly

Juniors
Sorry you think that Club footy is the same as SOO and playing for Australia, doesn't the opposition nullify that argument as its a way higher standard then club footy?

Hmm maybe another beer may help me understand but I dont think we really are going to get much further with this, anyway I think the Sharks have a real chance to make the eight and good luck to them as for my team I have no idea guess it depends what the coach can pull out of his hat with the halves.

oh yes please dont call me bunniesman them bloody fighting words their is a reason I dont post of this forum much he is one of them :cool:

Latest posts