What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How will souths go without Reynolds?

ram raid

Bench
Reynolds has been underrated by other teams fans (and even some rabbitohs fans). He brings so much to the rabbitohs but because he doesn't have a great running game like Thurston, DCE or even Pearce people thinks his useless. If you had to compare him to any halfback it have to be cooper cronk

Correct.

And why do you live in Alice Springs?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Haven't made it to Katherine yet. Needs to be a pitstop on the way to one of adventure tours/fishing trips otherwise driving 3 hours to a shithole isn't worth it

DiegoNT

First Grade
Biggest shithole I've ever been to. I remember there was barbed wire around the public toilet. I had a lovely chat with a man who spoke of "coon bashing".

Sounds like Katherine, but not sure what it's got to do with Reynolds knee

rabbitohs95

Bench
So Darren Nicholls is brought back to Sydney and Cody Walker is allowed to resume playing duties. Good news for us I suppose, and good news for both halves looking to crack first grade. Surely one will come in and hopefully direct the team while Reyno is out.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Where's this info coming from? Has he even been training?

Well he's named for the Bears this week and sat with the players at the game on Monday. Apparently it's because his court date's been pushed further. I believe it's on the website.

blaza88z

Coach
the salary cap is obviously working, Souffs the defending champs can make a mid-season signing to cover for an injured half

POPEYE

Coach
said it all last season- take inglis Reynolds and sam burgess out of that team and its a very less than ordinary line up

Ever thought of following Soccer . . . your powers of observation are suited to being stretchered off for a mosquito bite

big hit!

Bench
I think our losses without Reynolds has shown he is our MVP. We have won plenty without GI, Luke, Sutton or any forward or back. But we've lost 3 for 3 without Reynolds

I expect we will learn and adjust in the weeks to come though. But we really hurt without his structure, kicking and defensive leadership

Well, when every rep at training and game situations practically has a particular player in a very important role, then it's obvious that the team would struggle without that player.

Souths will be 'off' for a few games while they adjust. Keary, someone else, or a combination of two will need the reps at training and more games to grow into the role and to build the familiarity with the forwards and the backs around him/them, just like Reynolds needed to do early on. structures may need adjustment, to cover the loss.

Rugby League at this level has gone beyond merely the skill of players. Combinations, repetition, familiarity, Xs and O's, etc.....is what gives you the edge. It took Souths 3 seasons to build it. It's been removed in one incident.

Latest posts