What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How will the dragons do in 2013

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
dragons line up looks like a chinese meal at st george leagues.. a combination chow mien of cheap 2nd stringers, young blokes who arent setting the world on fire and over paid has beens.. with a side dish of old over paid hacks.. clap clap.. by round three they will be the ones talking up 2014...... under a new coach and new half back...

Your problem is your outstanding CEO

Thats about as good as analogy as you are ever likely to see.

You've got a future after your playing days Georgie. You're alright.

GeorgieRose

Juniors
Dont be silly Ronnie..As long as you keep your recruitment drive is going along the same path.. Not a player will go hungry..

Mr Doust is signing Georgie on a 5 year deal..:)

Fire

First Grade
hqdefault.jpg

hardbaby

Coach
Mr Doust is signing Georgie on a 5 year deal..:)

Actually that's not quite correct. Georgie Rose was offered a contract but with a very low salary. He was however, given a poker machine at the leagues club and offered all the takings. Sadly he ate the poker machine and in the process did himself out of all earnings and a contract.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Going through a rebuilding phase as all clubs do when they win a comp. With their squad it's hard to imagine them doing anything. Strong wingers and front row, that's pretty much it. Coach looks unimaginative, lack any real attacking spark and last year their brick wall defence and great discipline waited greatly. Soward is purely a kicker and broken field runner who relied on boyd to do all the play making which was shown last year.

Saints fans are in general the most defensive of their team (watch the reaction to this post) so it's not surprising that they are soiling their panties over signing a Brisbane winger and two fringe first grade second rowers. Scott, hornby and young were always talked up as world beaters and now they are gone apparently they were hacks and the team is better off without them. They also aren't used to supporting a shit team and no doubts if they have another unsuccessful season their will be pitch forks heading to the taj mahal.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Going through a rebuilding phase as all clubs do when they win a comp. With their squad it's hard to imagine them doing anything. Strong wingers and front row, that's pretty much it. Coach looks unimaginative, lack any real attacking spark and last year their brick wall defence and great discipline waited greatly. Soward is purely a kicker and broken field runner who relied on boyd to do all the play making which was shown last year.

Saints fans are in general the most defensive of their team (watch the reaction to this post) so it's not surprising that they are soiling their panties over signing a Brisbane winger and two fringe first grade second rowers. Scott, hornby and young were always talked up as world beaters and now they are gone apparently they were hacks and the team is better off without them. They also aren't used to supporting a shit team and no doubts if they have another unsuccessful season their will be pitch forks heading to the taj mahal.

Thats not a bad post either.

I'm stocking up on clean undies and sharpening my pitch fork as we speak.

carcharias

Immortal
I think this year will be the last we see from Soward at the merged felchers.
I predict an utterly miserable year for him.
Dummy spits...stints in reggies and a release before SOO1.

I think the team will play above their ability though.
14th.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I think this year will be the last we see from Soward at the merged felchers.
I predict an utterly miserable year for him.
Dummy spits...stints in reggies and a release before SOO1.

I think the team will play above their ability though.
14th.

Last year was miserable from him. I thought he would be gone already TBH.

Joker's Wild

Coach

Excellent post, difficult to argue with.

Hutty1986

Immortal

I'm surprised you didn't mention a wooden spoon in your predictable rant Viccy :lol:

super_coach

First Grade
Hard to imagine any dragon team getting the spoon, what they lack in class they usually make up for in ticker, but looking at their roster its hard to see them finishing much better than about 10th. They have plenty of goers but just lack class in the spine, although their seems to be a endless supply of good kids from the South Coast so anything is possible

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm surprised you didn't mention a wooden spoon in your predictable rant Viccy :lol:

I'll tell you what hutty, how about we have a little wager. If saints finish in the 8 I will personally track down Jamie Soward tell him that he can place his ballsack in my mouth for upto 12 minutes.

If they don't then you have to let me do it to you.

GeorgieRose

Juniors
Only thing one thing better then eating 2 steak and mushroom pies and a diet coke before training is watching the dragons implode

Hutty1986

Immortal
I'll tell you what hutty, how about we have a little wager. If saints finish in the 8 I will personally track down Jamie Soward tell him that he can place his ballsack in my mouth for upto 12 minutes.

If they don't then you have to let me do it to you.

I was going to say something like a 6 pack, you westies sure do have some f*cked up wagers :crazy:

Edward

Juniors
I'm surprised at how much criticism the Dragons are getting in their "prediction" thread.

A Bennett understudy with a years experience, coupled with the best hooker rotation in the competition to spark the attack (I thought Australia were potent when both Smith and Farah were on the paddock in Townsville), and one of the best packs will see them do well.

The antidote to this is the Stanley injury (that cannot underestimated). Fien will be solid, but their hopes now lie in Drinkwater.

Unfortunately for the Dragons they have a hard first third in their season, if they can ride this out, and give all the new combinations time to gel (and most importantly, not sack their coach mid season if they start badly), the Dragons will surprise a lot of people.

Keep their coach and combos gel - 3rd-6th.
Sack their coach 7th-10th.

Latest posts