What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How woeful are the Bulldogs!!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'd be inclined to stick Barba in the halves after last night - Turner to fullback and bring Lett or Goodwin back into first grade, or even Lafai and put Idris out on the wing - at least he can genuinely bludge that way.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Thread needs more bhP. Allow me to drop some bait:

- Ben Creagh is the best backrower in the comp.
- Brett Morris is the best winger in the comp.
- Mitchell Pearce is the worst halfback in the comp.

Should do the trick.

p.s. the dogs are shithouse.

BDGS

Bench
Well, he'll get put under the high ball countless times v Melbourne. Time for him to start playing like a fullback. Maybe last night was the game where he finally realises that there's more to league and playing fullback than lurking around the ruck in attack waiting for an offload, tipping the ball off to his wingers when he should be returning it himself and watching the ball bounce over his head. He could be brilliant in the position if he commits to it by doing everything a fullback should do.

He has been tested before and came out on top. I remember having my heart in my mouth many times this season watching Barba take high ball after high ball early on in the season. Last nights performance was a one off.

BDGS

Bench
I'd be inclined to stick Barba in the halves after last night - Turner to fullback and bring Lett or Goodwin back into first grade, or even Lafai and put Idris out on the wing - at least he can genuinely bludge that way.

One bad performance and you are ready to turf the young bloke? Glad you aren't in the decision making around the team. Give him a chance to redeem himsel before we put him through the exprience of being hooked from fullback. IMO

Barba would be the form fullback of the competition if he was at a good club like the Storm. You can't really blame him for the Bulldogs being crap.

Spot On

Coach
He has been tested before and came out on top. I remember having my heart in my mouth many times this season watching Barba take high ball after high ball early on in the season. Last nights performance was a one off.

That was the first time a halfback has specifically targetted his inability to take the high ball this year. Time and time again. Why??? Who knows??

Bulldog Force

Referee
Thread needs more bhP. Allow me to drop some bait:

- Ben Creagh is the best backrower in the comp.
- Brett Morris is the best winger in the comp.
- Mitchell Pearce is the worst halfback in the comp.

Should do the trick.

p.s. the dogs are shithouse.
Actually...
- If Ben Creagh isn't the best, he wouldn't be far off. Premiership winning back rower.
- Brett Morris doesn't score tries by sheer luck
- Mitchell Pearce... well I don't really need to comment on why a Dragons fans posted this in a Bulldogs topic, but his combination with Soward in Origin is near impeccable.
- Dogs are shithouse? Anyone can tell you that! Even me.

forward pass

Coach
I still can't believe Hodkinsons chip ahead on the last tackle when he was trapped in backplay. It didn't even reach the advantage line. Why didn't he kick the crap out of it since they had just gone backwards 10 metres?

BDGS

Bench
That was the first time a halfback has specifically targetted his inability to take the high ball this year. Time and time again. Why??? Who knows??

maybe in your opinion, but i remember souths doing something similar in the first game. I was up on level 4 and it looked like the ball was reaching that height many times and going down to Barba.

doggie_4_life

Juniors
well, one things for sure while moore is at the helm, we will go nowhere, hopefully the daily telegraph was right, one more game and moore's deader than disco (as our coach anyway)

Spot On

Coach
maybe in your opinion, but i remember souths doing something similar in the first game. I was up on level 4 and it looked like the ball was reaching that height many times and going down to Barba.

Then you are right if you were there. I try to watch the Doggies games as a good mate supports them and we often talk about how our teams are going (or usually not going) and I have watched them closely most weeks. I'm sure he'll be prepared for a few weeks of high ball and he'll bounce back fine. Still needs to address other areas of his game though.

Timmah

Staff member
One bad performance and you are ready to turf the young bloke? Glad you aren't in the decision making around the team. Give him a chance to redeem himsel before we put him through the exprience of being hooked from fullback. IMO
Nice choice of words. Turfed? Hooked?

He's a better half, to me it's where he's most potent. He moved to a half-type role when Ennis and Payne were binned in R6 vs Parramatta and he killed it.

Turner is a secure, experienced back, and fullback wouldn't trouble him.

I don't understand why Idris isn't in the second row with Ryan at prop.

Turner Lett Lafai Morris Wright Barba Hodkinson
Tolman Ennis Ryan Pritchard Idris Stagg

B: Keating Payne Eastwood Kasiano

JMO

Timmah

Staff member
Why haven't Souths hooked Lang yet then? What about Carty, surely his 5 year deal is under scrutiny?

Furner not in trouble at Canberra?

How about Brian Smith at the Roosters?

FMD...

doggie_4_life

Juniors
Nice choice of words. Turfed? Hooked?

He's a better half, to me it's where he's most potent. He moved to a half-type role when Ennis and Payne were binned in R6 vs Parramatta and he killed it.

Turner is a secure, experienced back, and fullback wouldn't trouble him.

I don't understand why Idris isn't in the second row with Ryan at prop.

Turner Lett Lafai Morris Wright Barba Hodkinson
Tolman Ennis Ryan Pritchard Idris Stagg

B: Keating Payne Eastwood Kasiano

JMO

I think your dead on there timmah, we need something in the halves badly, keating is doing sweet f@$k all and with barba there he can get involved in attack more, and with jamal in the second row he can get off his lazy ass and actually do something instead of waiting for the ball. I think morris needs to get involved more as well but either move turner to fullback or bring in cutler. 1 Turner/cutler 2 lett/turner 3 morris 4 lafai 5 goodwin/wright 6 barba 7 hodkinson 8 bobcat 9 ennis 10 tolman 11 franky p 13 iron man (stagg)

B 14 keating 15 kassiano 16 eastwood 17 halatau/payne

Latest posts