What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How woeful are the Bulldogs!!!!

POPEYE

Coach
Players from both sides left their IQ's in their wallets but the Panthers once again put in for Georgallis, another dead man walking.

Barba will never get on the list of great fullbacks if he suffers from shellshock when people yell 'incoming'.

The recruitment officer at the Dogs should look for employment elsewhere . . . maybe Moore can come up with something they can do together

Spot On

Coach
Players from both sides left their IQ's in their wallets but the Panthers once again put in for Georgallis, another dead man walking.

Barba will never get on the list of great fullbacks if he suffers from shellshock when people yell 'incoming'.

The recruitment officer at the Dogs should look for employment elsewhere . . . maybe Moore can come up with something they can do together

What about Super CEO Toddy. Pressure building Todd. New coach or new players? I'd say the cap is busted so looks like a new coach. Storm and Warriors the next few weeks. Good luck.

Gaba

First Grade
Question

Kevin Moore how did you rate your teams performance

answer The team was unlucky again they come up against a opposition which executed their game plan

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No two ways about it, we were ordinary tonight.

I don't think the answer's to sack anyone. To be perfectly honest I think we simply missed Ennis' direction. I'd probably prefer to see one of Halatau or Keating off the bench 30-odd minutes in or maybe mid-second-half to provide some spark - let Roberts and Hodkinson settle in the halves behind Ennis.

Our problems in defence aren't really problems, we conceded from the air tonight which even the best defensive teams can struggle with. When it came to attacking our line, we actually held them out well.

The real problems are in attack and I think having Ennis back more permanently will help.

Hooker isn't a position we have a lot of depth in and it showed.

badav

Bench
Just goes to show throwing money at blokes to try to buy a team together just does not work. Canterbury need to go back to bringing up their juniors and building a team around them, something they haven't really done under Kevin Moore.

Just goes to show throwing money at blokes to try to buy a team together just does not work. Canterbury need to go back to bringing up their juniors and building a team around them, something they haven't really done under Kevin Moore.

But Canterbury is the Family Club!?

Garts

Bench
Cannot believe I tipped this team of useless bastards to actually win. The Panthers normally are not good without Lewis, the Dogs must be bad.

ceagle

Bench
The Sunday Roast made a good point about Ennis, he is not going to make a huge difference to the Bulldogs like most of their fans seem to think. Their halves look completely lost out their, Hodkinson doesn't take on the line enough, he is very slow for a halfback, his only strong point is his kicking game. Keating does take on the line but doesn't the ball playing skills for anything to come from it.

mxlegend99

Referee
No two ways about it, we were ordinary tonight.

I don't think the answer's to sack anyone. To be perfectly honest I think we simply missed Ennis' direction. I'd probably prefer to see one of Halatau or Keating off the bench 30-odd minutes in or maybe mid-second-half to provide some spark - let Roberts and Hodkinson settle in the halves behind Ennis.

Our problems in defence aren't really problems, we conceded from the air tonight which even the best defensive teams can struggle with. When it came to attacking our line, we actually held them out well.

The real problems are in attack and I think having Ennis back more permanently will help.

Hooker isn't a position we have a lot of depth in and it showed.
I wouldn't use holding the Panthers out last night as a guide for your defence doing well. The Panthers were missing the bulk of their attacking weapons with Luke Lewis, Michael Jennings and Michael Gordon being our most dangerous players in that field position and all being unavailable.

Ontop of them we had Petero Civoniceva, Timana Tahu, Sandor Earl and Masada Iosefa all unavailable aswell. Our forwards still aimed up and did well, but the backline played about aswell as you would expect for what would essentially be the Windsor Wolves backline if everyone was available. Compare that to the Origin/International centre pairing of the Dogs, and much stronger wingers and it's no real shock we couldn't crack the line with our backs.

gronkathon

First Grade
Makes my rabble losing to this rabble last week even worse.

There are really two competitions this year

effnic

Bench
I wouldn't use holding the Panthers out last night as a guide for your defence doing well. The Panthers were missing the bulk of their attacking weapons with Luke Lewis, Michael Jennings and Michael Gordon being our most dangerous players in that field position and all being unavailable.

Ontop of them we had Petero Civoniceva, Timana Tahu, Sandor Earl and Masada Iosefa all unavailable aswell. Our forwards still aimed up and did well, but the backline played about aswell as you would expect for what would essentially be the Windsor Wolves backline if everyone was available. Compare that to the Origin/International centre pairing of the Dogs, and much stronger wingers and it's no real shock we couldn't crack the line with our backs.

BAHAHAHHAHA f**k the dogs are shit.

aussies1st

Staff member
Why didn't they play Josh Reynolds? The bloke got some massive wraps when he played hooker last time.

BDGS

Bench
I feel sorry for Barba, had a bad night but all players go through that sort of games.

Spot On

Coach
I feel sorry for Barba, had a bad night but all players go through that sort of games.

Well, he'll get put under the high ball countless times v Melbourne. Time for him to start playing like a fullback. Maybe last night was the game where he finally realises that there's more to league and playing fullback than lurking around the ruck in attack waiting for an offload, tipping the ball off to his wingers when he should be returning it himself and watching the ball bounce over his head. He could be brilliant in the position if he commits to it by doing everything a fullback should do.

Well, he'll get put under the high ball countless times v Melbourne. Time for him to start playing like a fullback. Maybe last night was the game where he finally realises that there's more to league and playing fullback than lurking around the ruck in attack waiting for an offload, tipping the ball off to his wingers when he should be returning it himself and watching the ball bounce over his head. He could be brilliant in the position if he commits to it by doing everything a fullback should do.

Spot On, you weren't a full back by chance?

I enjoyed Barba's slapstick performance last night as well, but you seem to be taking his lack of positional awareness personally.

Keep it up.

Spot On

Coach
I'd better ease up then SSS. Can't believe the hype surrounding the bloke only to watch the way he plays in that position. The only way is up for him now after last night.