What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howard Government Pledges $9 Million for Brookvale Oval

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Timmah said:
When have the Bulldogs received Fed funds for Belmore? :crazy:

Don't see us kicking up a stink, we just found elsewhere :cool:

If Manly had a world class stadium within reasonable distance and with easy access for all people on the Northern Beaches, like the Bulldogs had, I'm sure we would have moved already. The closest stadium to us is the SFS, and it kind of defeats the purpose of being the only Sydney team north of the Harbour Bridge if we have to travel over the bridge for every home game. The only other option after that is to relocate north to the Central Coast, which isn't really fair considering, apart from our ground, all other aspects of the football club (crowds, revenue, sponsorship, results etc) are all at the best they have been in quite a while. The club has finally recovered from the Northern Eagles crap, and is thriving in the area.

Your arguments against funding Brookvale Oval which is GOVERNMENT OWNED PUBLIC PROPERTY are weak. Maybe you should just stick to creating your match day threads. The 2008 draw is out, you should probably get started now before somebody beats you to the punch....

Copa

Bench
Eagle_Rocker said:
The club has finally recovered from the Northern Eagles crap, and is thriving in the area.
if the club was thriving this latest drama re a possible move to the central coast would not have happened.

macavity

Referee
CliffyIsGod said:
Why don't you looks at it from a Rugby League fan point of view, Timmah?

Labor voting goose.

league fans should vote labor- they promised newcastle funding.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Copa said:
if the club was thriving this latest drama re a possible move to the central coast would not have happened.

The only reason they are talking about a move is because Brookie Oval is not up to scratch. All other aspects of the club have improved in recent years since the super league war and Northern Eagles crap. However, just because the club is finally out of the red and doing much better, it doesn't mean we have the funds to completely over haul Brookie Oval without assistance, no club could. Anyway when I said thriving in the area, I was talking about public interest and support.

nqboy

First Grade
macavity said:
league fans should vote labor- they promised newcastle funding.
...and the coalition promised funds for Manly. I'll be voting Labor but not for the reason you gave, I've just had enough of a morally bankrupt government that has lost its social conscience.