What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howard Government Pledges $9 Million for Brookvale Oval

bobmar28

Bench
The Libs are also offering $1 million for an AFL field in this area, while we desperately need rugby league facilities.

bobmar28

Bench
themanonthehill said:
I go to the condemed sh*thole once a year and that is enough for me thanks
If I wanted to watch some rambling, senile, irrelevant, crooked old twat speak i'll try and raise gough whitlam
You are a dickhead.

macavity

Referee
Where Eagles Dare said:
Ok. Here's the deal. I've been following this stuff since the election has been called. I'm still not sold on either party, both have their positives. I live in Newcastle, seat I guess is Wallsend or something. Brookvale funding would pretty much sway me. Who do I vote for. What did the Labor candidates pledge at the rally, anything?

you would be in Charlton - as safe Labor as they come.

Fed Labor have offered money to upgrade EAS, so vote Labor.

im sure they will come to the party for Brookie as well.

not that your vote really matters in the house of reps, being in Charlton.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Where Eagles Dare said:
Ok. Here's the deal. I've been following this stuff since the election has been called. I'm still not sold on either party, both have their positives. I live in Newcastle, seat I guess is Wallsend or something. Brookvale funding would pretty much sway me. Who do I vote for. What did the Labor candidates pledge at the rally, anything?

The Labour Party offered us SWEET F/A. He promised us that he would go to his sports minister today and demand money, the crowd got fairly rowdy during his speech but if I heard him right he also said he would stand down if he did not receive the funds for Brookie. He also said this was about more then politics etc etc, but at the end of the day had nothing on the table for us. I can't believe they turned up with nothing in hand, I will await the response of his "demand" but don't expect anything.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
God, you lot are full of yourselves... acting like it's your God-given right to demand funding. FMD... the government and opposition have far more important things to pump money into guys, sorry.

Timmah

Staff member
macavity said:
you would be in Charlton - as safe Labor as they come.

Fed Labor have offered money to upgrade EAS, so vote Labor.

im sure they will come to the party for Brookie as well.

not that your vote really matters in the house of reps, being in Charlton.

I love how he has been 'following it' but doesn't actually know the seat he's in :lol:

macavity

Referee
Timmah said:
God, you lot are full of yourselves... acting like it's your God-given right to demand funding. FMD... the government and opposition have far more important things to pump money into guys, sorry.

Timbo, I would leave this thread alone if I was you.

you have been pantsed and paddled quite comprehensively.

and FTR sporting facilities are important - to our game and to the communities the facilities serve.

too important to be used, as they are, as political footballs, barrels of pork, carrots and sticks.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Timmah said:

The Federal Government spend money on sporting grounds, whether it is their responsibility or not they still do it. Now it is time we get a fair cut, just like every other club. In the scheme of things $9 million is nothing. T-ba smashed your argument from pillar to post last night so I will just leave it at that.

Timmah

Staff member
When have the Bulldogs received Fed funds for Belmore? :crazy:

Don't see us kicking up a stink, we just found elsewhere :cool:

nqboy

First Grade
Timmah said:

Soulless SA :roll:

Tell me, when did you apply for federal funds to upgrade Belmore?

Timmah

Staff member
How the frig would I know? Why would I even care?

Manly have to face two facts:

1 - They're in a marginal seat and generally promises aren't plentiful there. Any made are usually "non-core" promises and may not be honoured anyway, or the funds allocated cut drastically.

2 - Labor is the more likely party to win goverment in 60 hours time, and have so far promised things.

What are Manly likely to do in the coming years if they receive no funding?

Schillaci

Juniors
northern sydney will never be a marginal seat. forever pro liberal. you can stick your westy bogan labor party.

macavity

Referee
Schillaci said:
northern sydney will never be a marginal seat. forever pro liberal. you can stick your westy bogan labor party.

well, by the looks of it, you can stick your stadium.

welcome to our world - forever shafted because we wear the wrong colours.

Timmah

Staff member
macavity said:
well, by the looks of it, you can stick your stadium.

welcome to our world - forever shafted because we wear the wrong colours.

Your colours are the same as Labors :fist: :sarcasm:

adamkungl

Immortal
Dragonsforthewin said:
LOL the only ones that overhype's us is the media, although next year we dont have a chance of winning the comp according to the telecrap.

And we are the greatest club aside from soufs, we have the premierships to prove it.

You admit that another club, the vermin from redfern of all clubs, is better than yours? f**k you're sh*t.

Anyway. Manly hatred aside, they deserve a decent stadium like anyone else. Moving back to the CC would be idiotic. Sydney needs a team north of the bridge.

nqboy

First Grade
When you said
Timmah said:

I asked
nqboy said:
when did you apply for federal funds to upgrade Belmore?
and you said
Timmah said:
How the frig would I know? Why would I even care?

Surely even you can see the problem.

Timmah

Staff member
If you can't see the point I'm making...

We didn't kick up a stink like R2K, STR or the current Brookie cry for help.... we just dealt with the future. In case you haven't noticed - ground consolidation has been quite helpful in the AFL for going forward. Only traditionalists are sticking to "keep us at our suburban grounds". You can go on about soulless caverns like Telstra all day long, it doesn't change the fact that having teams at that ground increases revenue opportunities for both clubs and sponsors and so forth, much more than suburban grounds.

It also allows for more spectators through the gates, which is something capped at suburban grounds. They are being phased out slowly, there's no doubt there... and reversing that trend is akin to reversing the industrial revolution - it's just too powerful. In addition to this, things like ground consolidation will ultimately help the expansion of the game. There eventually will need to be less teams in Sydney if we are serious about having a truly national game.

adamkungl said:
Sydney needs a team north of the bridge.

newcastle.jpg

;-)