What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howard Government Pledges $9 Million for Brookvale Oval

t-ba said:
It's a shame no one else lives that close, maybe you'd have a crowd average reflecting your massively overhyped reputation as a mega club.

LOL the only ones that overhype's us is the media, although next year we dont have a chance of winning the comp according to the telecrap.

And we are the greatest club aside from soufs, we have the premierships to prove it.

t-ba

Post Whore
Dragonsforthewin said:
LOL the only ones that overhype's us is the media, although next year we dont have a chance of winning the comp according to the telecrap.

And we are the greatest club aside from soufs, we have the premierships to prove it.

Shame about the crowds though.

t-ba said:
Shame about the crowds though.

when you guys play like world beaters and we play like world losers then and only then you can only beat our crowds.

We will see in 08, if the Dragons start playing well the crowds will be back!~

t-ba

Post Whore
Dragonsforthewin said:
when you guys play like world beaters and we play like world losers then and only then you can only beat our crowds.

We will see in 08, if the Dragons start playing well the crowds will be back!~

Back? They were never there to begin with!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
t-ba said:
There's no ad hominem there Timmah. I was attacking the dubious quality of your posts in this thread. And trust me, the quality is dubious.

A personal attack would have been 'f**k timmah, your stupidity is oozing out of every post you've made in this thread. You're as dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. I wish you're ginger pocked crater face would get banned from the NRL forum like it has the FFB'

Oh, so this isn't a personal attack with zero relevance to the argument? :roll:

It makes more sense that half of the dribble emitting from your keyboard.

Respond to the post, not the person.

Timmah

Staff member
c_eagle said:
Way to bring up a whole lot of irrelevancies.

"They're talking about attendances, I know about attendances, I MUST participate".

I contributed to the argument long before attendances came into it. I participated in the interim because the situation does involve me - I'm a CC resident and therefore I may soon have the MWSE as the local team, something I and many many others do not wish to see.

Well, maybe the council should have spent more money keeping the stand updated. :roll:

You know, Lang Park didn't deserve a cent. We should just blame the Brisbane City Council for failing to keep the Old Girl up to date.

Did the Federal Govt. put that money in hey?

Could have sworn the Queensland Government, not the Federal put the funds in there.

Federal funding should be going into more important things than a backwater football ground.

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
Oh, so this isn't a personal attack with zero relevance to the argument? :roll:

Respond to the post, not the person.

It isn't, no, and it was not the substance of the argument. You might notice the post was addressed prior to it. I can't help it if your argument is dribble. I'm sorry you tried to cover up your serious suggestion to use Pittwater Rugby Park as a joke when it clearly wasn't, maybe next time Timmah, maybe next time.

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
I contributed to the argument long before attendances came into it. I participated in the interim because the situation does involve me - I'm a CC resident and therefore I may soon have the MWSE as the local team, something I and many many others do not wish to see.

Do you honestly think they'd move to Gosford? Wow, that's just, wow.

Did the Federal Govt. put that money in hey?

Could have sworn the Queensland Government, not the Federal put the funds in there.

Federal funding should be going into more important things than a backwater football ground.

So, you'd have no problems with State funding to Brookvale? Funny you've yet to mention this, rather pinging it purely on Warringah Council.

Do you have a problem with:

Federal Funding to Grahame Park?
Federal Funding to CUA?
Federal funding to DFS?
Federal Funding to Shark Park?

I am particularly intrigued by your thoughts on Grahame Park.

nqboy

First Grade
t-ba said:

So, you'd have no problems with State funding to Brookvale? Funny you've yet to mention this, rather pinging it purely on Warringah Council.

Do you have a problem with:

Federal Funding to Grahame Park?
Federal Funding to CUA?
Federal funding to DFS?
Federal Funding to Shark Park?

I am particularly intrigued by your thoughts on Grahame Park.
I'm actually on your side but I can't ermember any federal funding to DFS and would be interested to hear the details.

As for Dodge, he's always had such a tranparent wish to be at the centre of any discussion.

t-ba

Post Whore
nqboy said:
I'm actually on your side but I can't ermember any federal funding to DFS and would be interested to hear the details.

As for Dodge, he's always had such a tranparent wish to be at the centre of any discussion.

You guys have put in a proposal for $35m worth of Federal Funding. I'm just wondering whether he deems you worthy or not.

Still, considering how taxes are collected and distributed, there's a strong chance that stadiums like Lang Park and Robina Stadium have been built with some of his tax dollars...

nqboy

First Grade
A proposal yes, not yet a grant. Anyone know whether Townsville is marginal? My guess for what it's worth would be safe Labor, so they might be a chance.

t-ba

Post Whore
nqboy said:
A proposal yes, not yet a grant. Anyone know whether Townsville is marginal? My guess for what it's worth would be safe Labor, so they might be a chance.

Herbert's held pretty tightly by the Libs, but is a key election battle ground. Marginal = the potential for some late pork barrelling.

Timmah

Staff member
Ongoing maintenance seems to have been failed, that's been my point. It wouldn't be in such a dilapidated state if that were the case. It's becoming more and more apparent to me right now that you're trying to outmaneuvore me rather than debate the topic though, this is about how Brookvale should be funded - not how you made Timmah look stupid on technicalities or stupid points.

t-ba said:

:| I don't give a sh*t if you're a Manly supporter - it has been openly stated that the Central Coast is their last resort option. Sure, it's unlikely, but they've come out and said it - it's possible. What a very poor point to try and discredit me on.

Timmah

Staff member
t-ba if anything shouldn't you be getting more angry if grounds like DFS getting not only State funds but FEDERAL funds? Two loads of govt. money and Brookie gets none?

nqboy

First Grade
No-one could discredit you Dodge. By definition, you have to have some credit before you can be discreditied...

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
Ongoing maintenance seems to have been failed, that's been my point. It wouldn't be in such a dilapidated state if that were the case. It's becoming more and more apparent to me right now that you're trying to outmaneuvore me rather than debate the topic though, this is about how Brookvale should be funded - not how you made Timmah look stupid on technicalities or stupid points.

Incorrect. The actual facilities themselves are so antiquated that the entire stadium needs massive refurbishment to be up to speed. You only have to look at old stadiums to realise this. Lang Park, despite reasonable attempts at maintenance was itself so old that much of the stand that was kept had to be gutted out and refitted. The Same with Kogarah, the same with Campbelltown, the Same with Penrith, the same with Shark Park.

The term 'mutton dressed up as lamb' comes to mind. You can do everything to keep the Jane Try and the Southern Stand spick and speck, but they both require a few million a piece to be brought genuinely up to speed. Everything else is just staving off the rot. Stadiums get old, and need work done on them that's beyond the ken of a local council to deal with.

Frankly Timmah, I could care less about the personal battle. Your arguments simply are not sustainable, and you seem to shift the sticks every time you hit a brick wall. Your attempt to claim that my argument was a personal attack is an example of this. It's a massive side track that's just a step below personal attacks on the 'nothing to do with the argument scale.'

:| I don't give a sh*t if you're a Manly supporter - it has been openly stated that the Central Coast is their last resort option. Sure, it's unlikely, but they've come out and said it - it's possible. What a very poor point to try and discredit me on.

It really isn't possible. They'll sooner become the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles or play out of the SFS. The Grahame Park spiel is just leverage, it's not a last resort, it's just a nice story.

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
t-ba if anything shouldn't you be getting more angry if grounds like DFS getting not only State funds but FEDERAL funds? Two loads of govt. money and Brookie gets none?

Good luck to them.

I'd love funding from both, but that's not the argument on here.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
t-ba said:
Incorrect. The actual facilities themselves are so antiquated that the entire stadium needs massive refurbishment to be up to speed. You only have to look at old stadiums to realise this. Lang Park, despite reasonable attempts at maintenance was itself so old that much of the stand that was kept had to be gutted out and refitted. The Same with Kogarah, the same with Campbelltown, the Same with Penrith, the same with Shark Park.

The term 'mutton dressed up as lamb' comes to mind. You can do everything to keep the Jane Try and the Southern Stand spick and speck, but they both require a few million a piece to be brought genuinely up to speed. Everything else is just staving off the rot. Stadiums get old, and need work done on them that's beyond the ken of a local council to deal with.

Frankly Timmah, I could care less about the personal battle. Your arguments simply are not sustainable, and you seem to shift the sticks every time you hit a brick wall. Your attempt to claim that my argument was a personal attack is an example of this. It's a massive side track that's just a step below personal attacks on the 'nothing to do with the argument scale.'

It really isn't possible. They'll sooner become the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles or play out of the SFS. The Grahame Park spiel is just leverage, it's not a last resort, it's just a nice story.

Game, set and match t-ba

Timmah said:
I contributed to the argument long before attendances came into it. I participated in the interim because the situation does involve me - I'm a CC resident and therefore I may soon have the MWSE as the local team, something I and many many others do not wish to see

Outside your stock standard Willie Mason newspaper article, this post above has the most number of me's and I's and I'ms and generally self centred bits than in the most exhausted documented history of League Unlimited in either this or the last century. WOW.

Ok. Here's the deal. I've been following this stuff since the election has been called. I'm still not sold on either party, both have their positives. I live in Newcastle, seat I guess is Wallsend or something. Brookvale funding would pretty much sway me. Who do I vote for. What did the Labor candidates pledge at the rally, anything?