What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hsc

TooheysNew

Coach
swing_low said:
I reckon at 1 or 2 of the module questions wont be essays, you do adv right?
I'll give you a tip. Learn your text types. Chances are they'll pull out something obscure and you need to know the features of each type.

It most likely won't just be three essays.

blackfriday

Juniors
yeh for the advanced paper the module a will stay an essay because its meant to be easy, module b could be anything while module c may be a feature article.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Area of study was really easy, except for the artwork where i was clueless. The stimulus for section 2 and the question for section 3 physical journeys were perfect for my prepared essays.

Tommorow is advanced, and it's gonna be real hard. Module A, "In the Wild," i've practiced 2 text types for it, same with Module B, "Nonfiction," but "Powerplay" i'm so screwed for, will be at the library to sort it out.
Good luck to everyone.

The Devil

Bench
Going to the library doesn't help me... if anything it hinders me..

So many people i know at the library... so many conversations..

morri (cWo)

First Grade
swing_low said:
Yeh 2 unit is me, whatd u pull out for the 2nd media question? never seen anything like that before

yeh i just made up some other website that offers a similar thing. and how they help australia become more mulitcultural because it is seen more acceptable.

all bullsh*t like most of the stuff from all my exams so far.

SirShire

First Grade
1U S.O.R. wasn't the best, didn't like some of the short answers.

But I had a 3 hour Legal Studies exam just before RE...

Unit

Juniors
is anyone else given the exam guestion paper after they have done the exam. i know my school gives them out. anyone could easily fake being sick, and get a doctors certificate and get the exam off some one else who done the test before they did. i might just do this

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Unit said:
is anyone else given the exam guestion paper after they have done the exam. i know my school gives them out. anyone could easily fake being sick, and get a doctors certificate and get the exam off some one else who done the test before they did. i might just do this

:lol: i think it would be a differnt paper.

Craigshark

First Grade
Unit said:

Can't do that anyway. If you miss an exam, you get an average mark.

Front-Rower

First Grade
lol 3 years ago this was me. Time flies when you are having fun :D

Too some of the people here who think the HSC is the be all and end all, you are totally wrong, but on the other hand you are totally right as well!

Let me put it to you this way. Think of it as a stepping stone. For people with aspirations of uni, yes it is a vital qualification as you definately need that UAI which obviously is calculated from your HSC. Yes it also helps you to gain entrance to some TAFE courses and looks great in your resume. Lets face it, in 4 years time when you have finished your degree, no one will really look at your HSC and your results.

On the other hand people who don't have it/don't go to well in it, there are always other avenues. For example most TAFE courses require only a School Certificate to gain entry. Apprentiships are also available to those people who choose so.

Unit

Juniors
Can't do that anyway. If you miss an exam, you get an average mark.

You can do this, if you fill out a mis-adventure form and have a doctors certificate. You can do the exam on the avaliable date

Craigshark

First Grade
For the Trials yes, for the HSC.. Nope.. Well i am 99% certain you can't.. One of my mates did it last year and broke his leg, couldn't sit his exams on the dates they were set, so he was given average marks from his yearly assessments. He ended up going well.

Latest posts