What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

huge development in superleague.

winnyason

Juniors
for the games, long term growth this needs to happen, longterm look at the flow on effects, english clubs can spend money on development rather than being relegated, meaning stronger england team.

the game in france will be revitalised but the inpoetant thing is with two teams(well it looks that way) canal sports must televise superleague.
however wales i cannot see.
but two french teams big chance, as toulouse just reapplied for superleague.

Jeffles

Bench
winnyason said:
for the games, long term growth this needs to happen, longterm look at the flow on effects, english clubs can spend money on development rather than being relegated, meaning stronger england team.

I don't follow that logic. Clubs could still get relegated. As I read it, this system still allows for P&R to happen every year. It's just making the criteria harder and possibly giving the promoted club a grace period. It is not an incentive to spend on development, rather one to get your finances in order.

If you want to help the Lions you have to be fair dinkum about the quota. Difficult in the EU Common Market and with the ease of obtaining EU passports

As for the new clubs:

Toulouse is a chance because they already exist.
Wales have no existing club. I'd prefer they come up through the NL structure.

screeny

Bench
Andy Wilson reckons Celtic Warriors have applied for NL2 for 2006 with a means to getting promoted through the leagues.

Agree with all the sentiments espoused by Lewis except the expansion of the top division.

In Australia they debate massively the expansion question, and rightly so, while here we have an imbalanced league and seem too keen to expand.

Surely the fact that we don't have enough players is the be all and end all of this question?

Let's hope David Waite develops reams and reams of SL standard frenchmen in the next four years!

ali

Bench
I think Toulouse should be the next side added to SL as they are an established club with quite a decent budget for a semi professional league.

A French derby would add greatly to the Super League. As for Russia down the track, I would like to think with Goergia starting off, the potential is there for a professional league to develop in those parts. But obviously this is a long way off and would need a lot of things to go RL's way.