What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Hooked

Juniors
I don't have that much of a good memory as you, but for 2 years he was next man up. It's getting to the point management are choosing the wrong ones to keep like yester year.

We had to go get Grant from Melbourne and Dias from Tigers. I have high hopes on Patea and Letoi, but more concerned they will go too.

Patea got extended, upgraded to the top 30 and then given a taste of FG . They clearly see a future in him. I am hoping he has a ripper pre-season and forces his way onto the bench.
I like Letoi. He is a big boy. Needs to build his stamina up.

Patea got extended, upgraded to the top 30 and then given a taste of FG . They clearly see a future in him. I am hoping he has a ripper pre-season and forces his way onto the bench.
I like Letoi. He is a big boy. Needs to build his stamina up.
I am sure he will be on the bench next season. I also think next year Tago will be dropped at some stage or given another role and Asu coming in..

Crashtest

Juniors
Watch the highlights of the game yesterday and Lisati scored a pretty good try. This one going to bite us. Still can't believe he left.
Club been doing wrong decisions this year and choosing players over others.

A strong junior based club like Penrith means you can’t keep them all and you have to make a call. From everything i have seen, choosing Patea over Lisati is no brainer and is not going to bite us. Patea already looks like a future first grade star, Lisati looks like back up depth in case of Injury at best.

Who do you think are the other wrong decisions for letting players go?

Original Name

Juniors
Lisati is primarily a second rower right? We needed a good player immediately and Papali'i was the guy on the table who's played best at second row. Lose a prop we didn't plan to lose and gain a second rower. Seems unrealistic to not expect some second rowers to make way or want to leave with players ahead of them.

It would be hard on Garner if it was him instead given he hasn't really been given a chance to show what he can do in a year where he isn't getting injured and he wasn't really injury prone at the Tigers so logically there should be no reason to expect injuries to be cositently re-ocurring. If it was all soft tissue that would be a worry but least year it was rib cartliage, he's just had some bad luck the club should ride it out. Not to mention he gives cover to centre.

Besides Lisati just caught the ball and ran straight through a huge gap. He may be a great player in the future but not based on the highlights of that Storm game.

Last edited:
A strong junior based club like Penrith means you can’t keep them all and you have to make a call. From everything i have seen, choosing Patea over Lisati is no brainer and is not going to bite us. Patea already looks like a future first grade star, Lisati looks like back up depth in case of Injury at best.

Who do you think are the other wrong decisions for letting players go?
It's more of choosing May (only a 2 year deal) over Turuva and Crichton..
In hindsight that was a terrible choice.

Patea and leteo are good, but Lisati could have been the gap between them to play alot more. lisati was the next big thing and if Bellamy comes in for someone usually means there's something.

Next year will be interesting.

Whino

Bench
. I'd love Cogger back here.

I would take Cogger back if Schneider goes. Very handy back-up. Didn't let us down. Played well at six when he played with Nathan. His style fits in with our systems. He has struggled to fit into O'Brien ball at times this year.

Newcastle have cap issues. If they can't move on Hetherington, Brailey, Frizell or Saifiti others will have to go.

I would take Cogger back if Schneider goes. Very handy back-up. Didn't let us down. Played well at six when he played with Nathan. His style fits in with our systems. He has struggled to fit into O'Brien ball at times this year.

Newcastle have cap issues. If they can't move on Hetherington, Brailey, Frizell or Saifiti others will have to go.
I believe we would have won more games if it was him rather than Schneider.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yes, I heard that too.
Bit surprising, he doesn't seem to have to many admirers on here, but I think he has been decent when called upon.

If he leaves, we will just have to find a replacement for him, there doesn’t appear to be too many options within our own junior ranks.

Good luck to him if he goes to the Dragons. Not sure he will play any more first grade there but if it happens so be it.

Kilkenny

Coach

Cogger back in favour at the Knights, another two years on his current deal, more money than we could offer him so realistically he won’t be coming back here.

Latest posts