What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

muznik

Juniors
No. If you are not going to start him at 3,4 or 6 then run him from the bench like last week. Wing is a specialized gig. Id rather Nathan Davis on the wing if you need one. Actually Hoff is back this week.
That's the "catch" isn't it.
Whilst putting him on the wing may "net" a few tries, playing him out of position could lead to the opposition "baiting" him infield at the wrong time.
This could lead to him getting "canned" prematurely !

What next? Someone suggesting he play 2nd roe ?

Gronk

Staff member
That's the "catch" isn't it.
Whilst putting him on the wing may "net" a few tries, playing him out of position could lead to the opposition "baiting" him infield at the wrong time.
This could lead to him getting "canned" prematurely !

What next? Someone suggesting he play 2nd roe ?

Do you know what position Salmon played on the weekend ? I don't, other than he played in the middle and kept himself busy. That's how you want to ease a rookie into grade IMO. IIRC this is how Nukore got eased into the NRL as well.

Gazzamatta

Coach
No. If you are not going to start him at 3,4 or 6 then run him from the bench like last week. Wing is a specialized gig. Id rather Nathan Davis on the wing if you need one. Actually Hoff is back this week.
I agree but I wouldn't be surprised if this is what BA does. Unless he punts on GL we really dont have a winger in waiting.
Anything would be better than another week of Bevan French on the wing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you know what position Salmon played on the weekend ? I don't, other than he played in the middle and kept himself busy. That's how you want to ease a rookie into grade IMO. IIRC this is how Nukore got eased into the NRL as well.
He played left half. We finished the game like this:

1. Norman
2. Gutherson
3. Mennings
4. Hayne
5. Gennings
6. Salmon
7. Moses

Almost identical to how we are named this week.

Djay

Juniors
I reckon French will never be able to cut it in the NRL no matter where he goes, his attitude lately stinks but that can be fixed.

What can't be fixed is his size, he will never get to the size he needs to be to not be dominated, he simply is just way to small and a liability all round.

He can't take a bomb anymore, he has no passing game, he can't kick, he throws a huge dummy every second run of a game which is usually his last, he needs loads of work and even then like I said he still won't be able to cut it.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Will be keen to see if he plays 1 for Wenty this week. Surely he wont play wing. I think that ship has well and truly sailed.

TheParraboy

Staff member
If we were a cricket side , Salmon would be the wicket keeper

We would call him Gilly....

What a catch !

Latest posts