What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

Gronk

Staff member
Gee gronk .... one might say you are riding him to death

Ha. Na I want Bev to stay and be the next immortal.

Get him on the jungle juice and throw in an injection of Nathan Hindmarsh DNA.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Took forever for Marata to get a run. Thats worked out ok.
Took forever for Reed to get a run.
Thats worked out ok.
Took forever for Salmon to get a run.
Fingers crossed but didnt look out of place last night.
Maybe BA might think "when you're on a good thing." Etc.
Maybe Greg Alphabet will replace Bev?
Easy as ABC.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was O/S for the June 14 Parra V Bunnys game. Just watched the replay. How bad was our edge defence in that match. Absolutely terrible. Bev was fullback that night. Absolutely terrible. Pushing him to the wing certainly didnt help. Sorry Bev. Not sure what happened to you. You showed so much promise. Cant see us hanging on to him on what I've seen this year. Such a pity.

Eelogical

Referee
I just revisited post #1 of this thread........

For their own part, however, Parramatta are refusing to talk up this teenager who, weighing only 76kg, had never done weights before arriving at Eels HQ. Reminding you that, with a contract allowing him to begin a university degree and travel home every six weeks to see family, he is unlikely to even play NRL before 2015.

"In footballing terms, Bevan hasn't done anything yet,'' Eels coach Brad Arthur explains. "But certainly, away from the field, he's exactly the type of young man we want to build this club around".

Happy MEel

First Grade
I just revisited post #1 of this thread........

For their own part, however, Parramatta are refusing to talk up this teenager who, weighing only 76kg, had never done weights before arriving at Eels HQ. Reminding you that, with a contract allowing him to begin a university degree and travel home every six weeks to see family, he is unlikely to even play NRL before 2015.

"In footballing terms, Bevan hasn't done anything yet,'' Eels coach Brad Arthur explains. "But certainly, away from the field, he's exactly the type of young man we want to build this club around".
Sounds like the hype has gone to his head.

Gronk

Staff member
Salmon to the wing I reckon. That sounds weird actually.
No. If you are not going to start him at 3,4 or 6 then run him from the bench like last week. Wing is a specialized gig. Id rather Nathan Davis on the wing if you need one. Actually Hoff is back this week.

Eelogical

Referee
No. If you are not going to start him at 3,4 or 6 then run him from the bench like last week. Wing is a specialized gig. Id rather Nathan Davis on the wing if you need one. Actually Hoff is back this week.

I agree. We don't need to put him in a position where he might get hooked.

JokerEel

Coach
So which team needs a fullback next season?

Titans - Gordon has 1 more year left I think.
Knights - Ponga to 5/8 next season They poached a doggies? up and coming fullback for next season.
Cowboys - No
Broncos - No
Storm - Maybe with Slater retiring. Bellamy can do wonders for him.
Panther - No
Bulldogs - Yeah they need players
Tigers - No
Roosters - No
Souths - No already have a French type player.
St Merge - No
Warriors - No
Raiders - No Coteric should be the fullback.
Manly - No
Cronulla - No