What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragons22

Juniors
Think about the timing of his release request. Does it behind the back of his teammates and coach, whilst at origin camp. Gutless, arrogant and rude. Piss poor leadership from a so called captain.
If he ends up at another club, I want our fans to give it to him big time when he comes to Kogarah and Wollongong as a traitor.

matPORTS

Juniors
While we have not heard any quotes from Ben himself, or from the club (there is also a chance this so called rumour was broken today as an alterior motive to create some destabilisation for QLD ahead of Origin II)...

As much as Ben has been our best player during the 'Hook-era', he was very unsettled and inconsistent in his first 2-3 years at the club. This has me concerned for what the future might hold with a new 'man manager' coming onboard.

We don't have any more time to waste, and in all fairness to Ben, the curtain is quickly coming down on his career. If he feels he can't win a comp here within the next two seasons, then thank you very much for your service and all the very best... but please before you go, this club has made you a very rich man (one of the richest to have ever played the game). You have zero right to hold the place to ransome - both in terms of what your on field role is and in terms of whether it actually grants you any release that you may request whilst under contract.

In terms of the other side of this - what compensation is coming our way in the event of a release? Thank god we have Flanno signed up, because I certainly don't trust the board or Ben Haran to be ruthless enough in the best long term interests of the club in this situation.

If Ben goes to the Bulldogs - Burton in a direct swap please.

A Flanagan coached Burton/Sullivan halves combination...

Last edited:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Why should we release him? The club hasn't done anything wrong. We have a contract, he agreed to the terms, he should do his job. I'd be happy to consider a release if there were compassionate grounds, but the compassion in this case belongs to the fans, not Ben Hunt. Sick of well-rewarded people thinking they can break a contract on a whim.

56to66

Juniors
Why should we release him? The club hasn't done anything wrong. We have a contract, he agreed to the terms, he should do his job. I'd be happy to consider a release if there were compassionate grounds, but the compassion in this case belongs to the fans, not Ben Hunt. Sick of well-rewarded people thinking they can break a contract on a whim.
Exactly don't be soft cocks , Don't release him!!!!
Omg Jimmy Hoopies, must be head butting car windscreens out of excitement !!
Sit in the Grandstands like Gordon Tallis!!!

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
Bronson X won't be the same player off the juice.
Taylah May is a winger.
Burton is a centre.
Chricton is not a fullback.
Hunt is not an organising half he is a hooker.
Matt Lodge is declining.
If he genuinely wants a crack at a premiership he would go to the Broncos as a 9.
He won't be winning one soon if he goes to The Dogs or Titans.
The Titans ain't going to win anything if he goes there.
Remember Tyson Frizzell wanted to win a comp.
How's that going at the Knights, HA HA.

St Tangles

Bench
Weilder now backflipping on his scoop quicker than DCE on The Titans

The confusion is the confusion this weasel has created

Weidler] LATEST: There seems to be confusion around the Ben Hunt story. The fact is Hunt has had enough - he wants out of the Dragons and wants out now if possible. There is no doubt about this. And his coach next year wants him to stay. There is no doubt about that. New club? Not sure.​

Phantom V

Juniors
Catch 22. Grant him a release and we look like a soft touch or keep him knowing he doesn’t want to be around. I say cut him loose and use the money to sign blokes that want to play for us. He’s not worth the coin we were paying him anyway.

getsmarty

Immortal
Flanagan is adamant no release will be entertained.

"From the club's perspective, Ben Hunt will be there," Flanagan told radio station 2GB's Continuous Call Team.

"He's got a contract. I spoke to Ben before I actually signed because I didn't want to become the Dragons coach and then (have) our halfback wanting out of the club, and he was fine with all that if I was to get the job.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
There seems to be a lot of agro generated towards Hunt based on a (so far) unsubstantiated Weidler rumour. I think fans should wait until the rumour is confirmed or refuted by a more reliable source than Weidler. Any other reports on the story that I have seen are just regurgitating Weidler's original rumour without bithering to find any other source.

Latest posts