What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saintmar

Juniors
If all Bull S..t Hunt should issue a statement NOW NOT AFTER ORIGIN and deny everything and commit his loyalty to the Dragons
If true and he wants out FINE LET HIM GO to Titans or Dolphins only , with huge transfer fees and like for like player trade of value
If its the Bulldogs let him sit out the next two years
Sick n tired of the BS associated with this guy ...Our current Captain
Happy to let him go wherever he wants for nothing in return.
This is Flano's 1st real test.
He can make a major blunder by trying to keep this bloke Or he can take the opportunity and use the money to reshape the roster.
We have emerging halves who want to play for the club but we need some more hard nosed forwards so the halves can play on the back of.
I still believe Gould is using Hunt as a smoke screen so we can say NO to a release and he pounces on Sullivan.
Lets call his bluff

Dragons22

Juniors
Hunt’s ego is the issue. This club finally signed a proven winner as coach, unlike the dud we use to have that was mates with Hunt.
Who does Hunt think he is. Signed a contract last year knowing full well his dud mate wasn’t guaranteed to have a job here. Team wasn’t getting results and club made the right decision to move on. What did Hunt expect? The club to continue on with the coach that holds the worst winning record here?
No player can dictate who they want as coach. The club was nice enough to consult with Hunt over Flanagan though.
How dare he think he’s bigger than the club. Especially as the club captain. Disgraceful leadership from him. I wouldn’t want to play with him if I was a Dragons player. How could you play for a captain that doesn’t want to be there.
The immediate release pisses me off the most.
What’s your reason Hunt? Oh, you want to win a premiership? Ok. Yeah; that’s really going to happen with the Titans or Bulldogs. Don’t play us for fools with that reason. You couldn’t be bothered to work hard and help bring this club back to glory. And it’s all about money too. You’ve made millions from this club. How dare you.

Dragons22

Juniors
Hunt’s ego is the issue. This club finally signed a proven winner as coach, unlike the dud we use to have that was mates with Hunt.
Who does Hunt think he is. Signed a contract last year knowing full well his dud mate wasn’t guaranteed to have a job here. Team wasn’t getting results and club made the right decision to move on. What did Hunt expect? The club to continue on with the coach that holds the worst winning record here?
No player can dictate who they want as coach. The club was nice enough to consult with Hunt over Flanagan though.
How dare he think he’s bigger than the club. Especially as the club captain. Disgraceful leadership from him. I wouldn’t want to play with him if I was a Dragons player. How could you play for a captain that doesn’t want to be there.
The immediate release pisses me off the most.
What’s your reason Hunt? Oh, you want to win a premiership? Ok. Yeah; that’s really going to happen with the Titans or Bulldogs. Don’t play us for fools with that reason. You couldn’t be bothered to work hard and help bring this club back to glory. And it’s all about money too. You’ve made millions from this club. How dare you.

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Immediate release? Hahah he is a mug. He can play 80min in the front row for the rest of the year and earn his salary. Imagine how sully and the other boys feel that the so called captain wants to abandon ship. He is part of the reason we are such a basket case, he wanted hook, he got hook and we done shit all. Hate is a strong word but what an absolute coward of a man.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We've been sucked in by the media again!
It was stated 30 mins ago that he had asked for a release. Now they're saying he is considering his position which we already knew.
from Lara Pitt of all people!
Sorry forum members for leading you up the garden path.
No need to apologise Nana. You're not responsible for people overreacting.

St Tangles

Bench
Ben Hunt, Viliame Kikau has hardly played, Stephen Crichton, Bronson Xerri, Matt Lodge, Taylan May, Karl Oloapu is developing nicely. That is a vastly stronger team from the one fighting us for the spoon. I'm sure Gus will add one or two more. For the dogs, they have missed a quality half. Ben Hunt is the missing piece to a real premiership chance
Bronson X won't be the same player off the juice.
Taylah May is a winger.
Burton is a centre.
Chricton is not a fullback.
Hunt is not an organising half he is a hooker.
Matt Lodge is declining.
If he genuinely wants a crack at a premiership he would go to the Broncos as a 9.
He won't be winning one soon if he goes to The Dogs or Titans.

Phantom V

Juniors
Great news let him go now. He and Kerr can share a removalists van. Imagine the coin we will have to spend, any chance Bird can hitch a ride with them also.
Just no more Queenslanders please, that all get homesick!!!

56to66

Juniors
Personally, I will give the NRL and St George 3 more years of my personal life, after this I am done with Rugby League, I believe its run by scammers, if its not a player in court, a coach that cannot produce, or a marquee player and captain,that does a dummy spit, its absolutely ridiculous, have it assholes, Politis, Gould , Alexander, whoever, wank wank over the dummest game of all time. BTW I wont be watching State of Oranges(faggotsh). Hang on for a moment, am I being racist to an orange.
St George supporter since 1977!

Last edited: