What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TruSaint

Referee
The Board was quite happy for the team to play Maryball and Hookball for so many years. Now it’s their turn to play, and Hardball comes to mind. Question is , do they know how to?

I get what you are saying mate.

If by hardball you mean " standing down a player into reserves until his contract is up ", then as much as i like it.. won't happen.

The media uproar would be off the charts and we would be seen as a vindictive lot, playing an international rep player in the reggies.

Hardball could also mean, getting a " like for like " player, or value at least. Where are those players? Do we really want a Club to release a player that has no desire to come to Saints just to make a point ?

Let him go.
Bank the money.
Tear the Integrity unit a new one publicly.
Give the new coach the reigns.
Move on.

No more self inflicted wounds.

56to66

Juniors
My new Break away comp
Brisbane Bears
Cowboys
Canberra
Parramatta
Bulldogs
St George Dragons
Newcastle Knights
Souths Sydney
Manly
Sydney Tigers
Adelaide Rams
Perth Jets
NZ Warriors

Super Comp baby, I will pay NFL Money :)

Last edited:

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I get what you are saying mate.

If by hardball you mean " standing down a player into reserves until his contract is up ", then as much as i like it.. won't happen.

The media uproar would be off the charts and we would be seen as a vindictive lot, playing an international rep player in the reggies.

Hardball could also mean, getting a " like for like " player, or value at least. Where are those players? Do we really want a Club to release a player that has no desire to come to Saints just to make a point ?

Let him go.
Bank the money.
Tear the Integrity unit a new one publicly.
Give the new coach the reigns.
Move on.

No more self inflicted wounds.
so, roll over boys, it is pride month after all....

Gareth67

First Grade
If the NRL ‘ integrity commission ‘ cannot find any fault in this situation, any form of collusion between prospective clubs and Hunt or his agent , then there is something seriously wrong with the procedures involved in their investigation of this matter .

At the end of the day it is St.George Illawarra who loses on all counts , although Hunt is contracted to the Dragons and it would appear that he will be elsewhere very soon .

Regardless of how one looks at this injustice , there can be no doubt that the NRL integrity commission is nothing but a toothless tiger .

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Ive read everyones comments on here and still find it difficult to comprehend that we will get dudded after a bloke wants out with almost two and a half years left on his contract.....surely we hold all the cards.....if the media thinks we stink if we stop him, then they will still say we stink if we let him go especially to The Donkeys....the situation doesnt pull at my heart strings in regard to hes given his all to us and we should let him just walk away, imo that's whats expected of a marquee player thats been paid very handsome marquee money for a long time....what it willi show to the general public and Rugby League supporters is just how piss weak our mob are if they dont prevent him playing with the mob in Brisbane thats near the top of the table this season as well as decent compensation from the Tits

Dragons4me

Juniors
If the NRL ‘ integrity commission ‘ cannot find any fault in this situation, any form of collusion between prospective clubs and Hunt or his agent , then there is something seriously wrong with the procedures involved in their investigation of this matter .

At the end of the day it is St.George Illawarra who loses on all counts , yet Hunt is contracted to the club and it would appear that he be elsewhere very soon .

Regardless of how one looks at this injustice , there can be no doubt that the NRL integrity commission is nothing but a toothless tiger .

Toothless tiger? A f**ken joke mate. That's what it is. A laughable f**ken pathetic joke.

Latest posts