What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coffs dragon

Bench
The Dragons need to be sympathetic to Ben’s family needs & welfare with his weather preference needs.
Grant him the immediate release to go play north in the “Queensland Cup” only for 2023. Teach the bastard a lesson.
2024-25 we should allow a NRL club swap in exchange for us securing a better GM /CEO with a backbone & fortitude.

DragonBorn95

Juniors

HAHA WHO DONE THIS ON WIKI? 🤣2023​

In round 11 of the 2023 NRL season, Hunt played his 300th first grade game in St. George Illawarra's 42-22 loss against North Queensland.[65] On 22 May, Hunt was selected by Queensland for game one of the 2023 State of Origin series.[66] In June, Hunt requested an immediate release from his St. George Illawarra contract. It was reported that Hunt, the sook, became unhappy after his daddy, head coach Anthony Griffin, was sacked by the club. Ben Hunt, let down the club and most importantly shown how he can also drop contracts just like he dropped the ball in the 2015 NRL Grand Final.

dannyt

Coach

HAHA WHO DONE THIS ON WIKI? 🤣2023​

In round 11 of the 2023 NRL season, Hunt played his 300th first grade game in St. George Illawarra's 42-22 loss against North Queensland.[65] On 22 May, Hunt was selected by Queensland for game one of the 2023 State of Origin series.[66] In June, Hunt requested an immediate release from his St. George Illawarra contract. It was reported that Hunt, the sook, became unhappy after his daddy, head coach Anthony Griffin, was sacked by the club. Ben Hunt, let down the club and most importantly shown how he can also drop contracts just like he dropped the ball in the 2015 NRL Grand Final.
1687731815069.png

Our Captain has no faith in the club. Our board and executive created a media story through incompetence when managing Griffin’s exit. For example, the Titans did the same but hardly a ripple in the media. This same group failed to recognise Hunt’s 300th match which was incomprehensible. They now reap what they have sown. Time to now tear up Hunt’s contract & look way way forward. So damn sick of St George Illawarra being the laughing stock of the NRL. I’ll keep turning up to sit in the same seats my family have had for 30+ years but with no expectations until maybe 2026. Thank you board and executive for your failing leadership! The culture of any group/organisation is the sum of its behaviours and at the top there needs to be acceptance of failure and learn some lessons. I assure you, I’m not giving up on my team…….but the club, I’m close.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All just a side question; are clubs allowed to ‘carry over’ a certain level of unspent cap money from year to year? I thought not but maybe there are some dispensations?

RedVee_8

Juniors
Hi All just a side question; are clubs allowed to ‘carry over’ a certain level of unspent cap money from year to year? I thought not but maybe there are some dispensations?
Sort of. They can pre load by signing a new player for the next two years say, but if any room in this years cap they can use that now to save some money from the next year.
So instead of 500, 500 they may convert that to 200,300, 500

mattchuot

Juniors
Yes but I am not sure on the specific amount. In fact, Webb stated that the reason we let Kerr go immediately was to be able to carry his money over for next year. However, the dispensation we received for Ramsay has stipulations that we had to use it for this year and only for a player that plays his positions (wing/fb).

St Tangles

Bench

If this is true and we have received nothing our club is piss weak​

Dragons call emergency meeting over Hunt exit​

The Dragons have called an emergency meeting of all players and staff on Monday morning, where it is expected they will be told that skipper Ben Hunt is leaving the club.The decision will end weeks of discontent between Hunt and the Dragons after the star utility made the shock announcement that he wanted out.The Dragons were hoping that the decision to appoint the controversial Shane Flanagan as coach would sway Hunt to change his mind about quitting.But Hunt

has stubbornly refused to alter his stance and the Dragons are believed to have decided there is no point keeping a disgruntled player - even if he is their marquee man.Hunt is expected to play out this season with his former club, the Broncos, before signing a rich deal with the Titans for 2024 and beyond.Hunt's last game was Friday night's dismal home loss to the Warriors, in which television images after the match showed him sitting alone and unhappy in a corner of the dressing room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Victoire

Juniors
On the contrary... from SMH

Dragons block Ben Hunt’s release request​

ByMichael Chammas and Adam Pengilly

June 26, 2023 — 10.01am
Save

Normal text sizeLarger text sizeVery large text size

The Dragons have told Ben Hunt he won’t be released from his contract and are expecting him to play on Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:

St Tangles

Bench
On the contrary... from SMH

Dragons block Ben Hunt’s release request​

ByMichael Chammas and Adam Pengilly

June 26, 2023 — 10.01am
Save

Normal text sizeLarger text sizeVery large text size

The Dragons have told Ben Hunt he won’t be released from his contract and are expecting him to play on Thursday.
The news I wanted to hear.
So many different reports.