What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Was interesting to hear the comments on the footy show (which I must admit I don't normally watch) with the journos who all emphatically was opposed to the prospect of inparticular Hunt being allowed to finish this year with The Donkeys and Webster saying it was highly improbable or words to that effect that Hunt and co hadnt been approached in this matter before hand.. .....then later Andrew John's repeatedly saying he believed it was wrong that Hunt should be allowed to go to the Donkeys who are already stacked with rep players and favourites to win the comp.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I dont know if anyone has thought of this. We can win both ways here. Make Hunt play ressies till season end and then sell him to the Bulldogs for a player swap plus money next year. We get someone we want and Hunt is stuck in Sydney for 2 more years and then can just wreck the Bulldogs with his sooky attitude. And no one up north gets who they wanted. Its a win win all around
He won't go to the Dogs. The weather isn't nice all the time.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Just on a pertinent point
If this goes through , this will open a pandoras box for all Clubs
IE
Take Penrith
Edwards does a Pec and is gone for the Season . They unofficially contact say the Knights and ask about Leasing Pongia for the remainder of the season....
He then returns to Newcastle for next season
Wheres theres a will theres a way
Not much different to our situation
They would have to pay a sizable amount of money to get Ponga. Would never happen.

Gareth67

First Grade
Was interesting to hear the comments on the footy show (which I must admit I don't normally watch) with the journos who all emphatically was opposed to the prospect of inparticular Hunt being allowed to finish this year with The Donkeys and Webster saying it was highly improbable or words to that effect that Hunt and co hadnt been approached in this matter before hand.. .....then later Andrew John's repeatedly saying he believed it was wrong that Hunt should be allowed to go to the Donkeys who are already stacked with rep players and favourites to win the comp.
Was there even one word of remorse for the Dragons who were assassinated en- mass by all involved in this horribilus - anus of a plot ? 🤔

Dragon David

First Grade
My question is, will the NRL get more involved with what has happened and what is going on and reprimanding those responsible for this to happen or will they just keep out of it and let the matter run its course without any further action?

Will tomorrow just be an anti-climax to the sordid affair and Hunt walks out a "free man" with the joy of joining the Broncos (who I am sure were involved in triggering this bedlam) with no payment involved but maybe give us one of their rejects as a trade off?

Or will there be an Alfred Hitchcock type of twist to the storyline and Hunt is told he is staying put and under no circumstances will the Dragons release him from his contract?

Tomorrow is the day that we will all find out.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dan ginning just said on triple m that nrl won't do anything...
On the other hand he said if it was a player scandal different story
Or if it involves a Roosters, Penrith, Storm player they would step in but not for the Mighties. Why would they? We are a nothing entity as far as they are concerned. We have to beg for anything from them and still get nothing.

Why do we even bother?

TruSaint

Referee
My question is, will the NRL get more involved with what has happened and what is going on and reprimanding those responsible for this to happen or will they just keep out of it and let the matter run its course without any further action?

Will tomorrow just be an anti-climax to the sordid affair and Hunt walks out a "free man" with the joy of joining the Broncos (who I am sure were involved in triggering this bedlam) with no payment involved but maybe give us one of their rejects as a trade off?

Or will there be an Alfred Hitchcock type of twist to the storyline and Hunt is told he is staying put and under no circumstances will the Dragons release him from his contract?

Tomorrow is the day that we will all find out.

Don't do it to yourself mate.

I say that respectfully. I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong, but I think he cuts ties with us tomorrow, as he has put the Club in such a position that his mere presence is untenable.

The NRL integrity unit, or whatever they call it, will provide a statement to the effect of " based on the evidence provided, no breach was determined and both player and the Clubs involved have resolved the matter ".

They may add some spicy legal malarky in there.

My final point is this. If we are looking for some type of player swap etc, we should be careful what we wish for. We may end up with another Josh McGuire or A. McCullogh looking to extend their career and us not really being their choice.

Let the brat go. Save the cap money.

Play the kids for the rest of the season and let the new coach revamp the squad for 2024.

If the Broncos do win the title, i hope he gets 1/3rd of the medal.

Dragon David

First Grade
Don't do it to yourself mate.

I say that respectfully. I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong, but I think he cuts ties with us tomorrow, as he has put the Club in such a position that his mere presence is untenable.

The NRL integrity unit, or whatever they call it, will provide a statement to the effect of " based on the evidence provided, no breach was determined and both player and the Clubs involved have resolved the matter ".

They may add some spicy legal malarky in there.

My final point is this. If we are looking for some type of player swap etc, we should be careful what we wish for. We may end up with another Josh McGuire or A. McCullogh looking to extend their career and us not really being their choice.

Let the brat go. Save the cap money.

Play the kids for the rest of the season and let the new coach revamp the squad for 2024.

If the Broncos do win the title, i hope he gets 1/3rd of the medal.
Yes, I accept what you say Tru.

The best solution for the club is to just let him go. No use mucking around now. But if this tactic of going elsewhere happens then hopefully one day we will be in a position to do the same and get a player to do the same thing as Hunt and say, it is what it is as a precedent has been set.

We have to move on and look forward with positivity and not allow this drama to affect us in the short and long term. Flanagan will know what to do and so will the club.

justadragon

Bench
So playing 9 for the Broncs is OK when you held us to ransom for so long. It broke my heart at the Gong watching you run out in that jersey let alone captain of the side, made me sick. It was without a doubt one of the worst days in the history of the Dragons, Flanno needs to make all the harsh calls, nothing else will work. For this once mighty club to be played the way it has been over the last few weeks is a disgusting act.

dannyt

Coach
One positive to come out of this is the spotlight that has been put on the club.
Everyone now knows there are issues with Haran, hell even Flanagan threw it out there.
If this leads to big changes in the background then thanks Benny for bringing it to a head.
If not then f**k you.
Can we amend to:

If this leads to big changes in the background then thanks Benny for bringing it to a head, and f**k you. If not, then f**k you twice.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Any deal between us and 2 clubs, i.e. for this year and next 2 years will require a fair bit of work between us and those clubs. Each clubs responsibility will need to be stipulated with no liability coming back to us in the event of any long term injury this year?
This ain't going to happen tomorrow.