What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mojo

Bench
Hopefully this decision was made to entice the Titans or Broncos to come to the table with reasonable offers involving swaps and $$. Surely our BOD and new coach realise this bloke will just be a stain for the rest of the playing group as long as he’s around.
I suspect Bennys manager will be earning his money in the coming weeks. As others have said, this isn’t over!
Of course it is round 1 and we've made it very clear that we demand fair compensation.

Gareth67

First Grade
Strip the bloke of the Dragons captaincy should be the first order of business , tell the bloke to forget about his release being rejected and to stop his whinging and whining and concentrate on playing footy as that is the reason he has that massive salary , not to sulk .

I feel that at the end of this season the club or perhaps Flanagan himself may have other contenders or perhaps a new recruit to take over his position , but I am sure that the club itself will be glad to see the back of him ( with suitable compensation for the remaining 2 seasons ) as will the majority of supporters .

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
Yep lets make it performance based from now on.........err hang on that won't work, are you allowed to take the field with 3 players....or do we forfeit
How long are we going to stuff around with our young guys? We're not going to play finals this year. Our new coach isn't even coming on-deck until next year. Captain Deadshit doesn't want to be here. Bird was beneath dreadful last week. He should be dropped.
Give Sullivan the 7 jersey.
We have an opportunity to experiment with some combinations. We have nothing to lose (not even our pride, right now).
Let's shuffle the deck a little.

56to66

Juniors
How long are we going to stuff around with our young guys? We're not going to play finals this year. Our new coach isn't even coming on-deck until next year. Captain Deadshit doesn't want to be here. Bird was beneath dreadful last week. He should be dropped.
Give Sullivan the 7 jersey.
We have an opportunity to experiment with some combinations. We have nothing to lose (not even our pride, right now).
Let's shuffle the deck a little.
Maybe they Should use him like they do in SOO, 14 off the Bench Fill in at Hooker, Half or the centers, he is very effective!
Like Gordan Tallis Super Sub!

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Say he is granted a release and goes to the Donkeys the majority of payments will be be paid by the Dragons so how will this affect the donkeys salary cap…
I think it would only be around 200k with The Donkeys for this year...the Dragons would have paid most of 2023....won't affect the Donks salary cap as Im sure they would have that spare money in their kitty

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Strip the bloke of the Dragons captaincy should be the first order of business , tell the bloke to forget about his release , to stop his whinging and whining and concentrate on playing footy as that is the reason he has that massive salary , not to sulk .

I feel that at the end of this season the club or perhaps Flanagan himself may have other contenders or perhaps a new recruit to take over his position , but I am sure that the club itself will be glad to see the back of him ( with suitable compensation for the remaining 2 seasons ) as will the majority of supporters .
Nailed it Gareth !!!!!!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
How hard is this going to be on poor Ryan Carr. He now seems forced to pick a guy who does not want to be in the team. Us Fans also have to watch a guy imitate Corey Norman just when we thought we saw the last of him.

The only thing I can only thing of is Saints have told Ben that there will be changes coming quicker than you think just wait and see and in the 2 weeks we see Haran gone as he seems to be 1 of the issues, and we bring in some decent cattle for this year and next. I say 2 weeks because Flanno did say something about this time period.

Phantom V

Juniors
Strip the bloke of the Dragons captaincy should be the first order of business , tell the bloke to forget about his release , to stop his whinging and whining and concentrate on playing footy as that is the reason he has that massive salary , not to sulk .

Good point Gareth. What does it say about the club if they still name this bloke captain this week.

Latest posts